What does America stand for? and what makes an American Patriot?

Well, I already stated that I thought America's collective consciousness was destroyed. If that doesn't satisfy you then perhaps you ought to tell me what it is I want.

There is no such thing as a collective consciousness, you blithering fool.

I can understand the appeal of one to you, however, as you aren't able to think properly.
What are our common connections as Americans? Is it merely the dirt we walk on?

Common connections (i.e. traditional bourgeois values) are not "collective consciousness). These include:

- Patriotism, or at least an appreciation and respect for our freedoms and the system that protects them
- Hard work
- Thrift
- Self-reliance
- Private charity for the truly destitute
- Education
- Marriage before having children
- Staying married to raise children into self-sufficient adults
- Being a good neighbor/member of the community
- Tolerance (not acceptance) of those who are different

These are all being undermined by global elites using ignorant left wing stooges as their ground troops.
The fact that you were able to write down common connections is testament to the fact that you are conscious of them. If Americans share those values with you, you think they do, then they form our collective consciousness.

Please get dictionary and learn what words mean.

Knowledge of something is not a Collective Consciousness..
It's not knowledge, it's awareness.

I can understand the appeal of one to you, however, as you aren't able to think properly.

Common connections (i.e. traditional bourgeois values) are not "collective consciousness). These include:

- Patriotism, or at least an appreciation and respect for our freedoms and the system that protects them
- Hard work
- Thrift
- Self-reliance
- Education

These are all being undermined by global elites using ignorant left wing stooges as their ground troops.
The fact that you were able to write down common connections is testament to the fact that you are conscious of them. If Americans share those values with you, you think they do, then they form our collective consciousness.

Awareness is also not Collective Consciousness. And I dispute your characterization that shared values are merely awareness.

- Hard work
- Thrift
- Self-reliance
- Education

Awareness is also not Collective Consciousness. And I dispute your characterization that shared values are merely awareness.
It is if we are aware collectively.

Global elites = neo-liberalism = conservatism = stooges

You have been so brainwashed by neo-liberalism you can't even admit that collective consciousness exists. Thanks for helping to make my point.

You have been so brainwashed by neo-liberalism you can't even admit that collective consciousness exists. Thanks for helping to make my point.

You're not even minimally perceptive, bub.

Neo-liberalism has destroyed America's collective consciousness. We have been reduced to a bunch of individuals competing with one another in the marketplace. I don't think America has any principles by which we can all unite.

Or maybe it's destroyed something you want, but you don't get everything you want.
Well, I already stated that I thought America's collective consciousness was destroyed. If that doesn't satisfy you then perhaps you ought to tell me what it is I want.

- Hard work
- Thrift
- Self-reliance
- Education

That's funny. This isn't what connects all Americans. This is your ideals.

Don't even tell me that this is being undermined by the left, people on the right are also getting divorced in droves.

You elected a president who doesn't much like giving to charity, doesn't think much about education, divorced twice, and isn't such a good neighbor and is about as tolerant of those who are different as a NAZI.

So, you're using a tactic if "either agree with me or I'll cal you brainwashed"? Great.

Collective consciousness - Wikipedia

"Collective consciousness, collective conscience, or collective conscious (French: conscience collective) is the set of shared beliefs, ideas and moral attitudes which operate as a unifying force within society."

So what things do all Americans have a shared belief of, or share the same ideas or the same morals?

List them and we'll see if all Americans agree with this.

So, you're using a tactic if "either agree with me or I'll cal you brainwashed"? Great.

"Collective consciousness, collective conscience, or collective conscious (French: conscience collective) is the set of shared beliefs, ideas and moral attitudes which operate as a unifying force within society."

So what things do all Americans have a shared belief of, or share the same ideas or the same morals?

What is wrong with you? I have been consistent throughout this thread that neo-liberalism has destroyed our collective consciousness. In other words we have no shared values. There is nothing to list.

I see a lot of people, especially on the right, like Bush92 telling people they're un-American for watching football, or protesting.

So, what does America stand for? What are the principles of the USA?

Personally I thought it would have been what the Founding Fathers set down in the Bill of Rights and Constitution. Human Rights are important, treating people fairly and equally, people having the right to talk about politics, people having the right to be left alone by the US govt, but also a government which listened to its people, which represented its people, which worked to improve the country for its people.

What makes an American Patriot?

In my view the term "patriot" is as vague as some other words like "love". What does it mean? Most people don't really know. They know it means that a person loves their country, but how much does a person really love their country? How much of the country do you need to actually love in order for you to be a "patriot".

Clearly you can't love everything and everyone in your country. Many people proclaiming to patriots fly the Confederate flag, a flag of treason, other people will pound on Obama, pound on Trump, pound on the government at home, criticize it massively when their "side" isn't in power. Does this make you not be a patriot?

Liberals would have you believe that open borders, high taxes, high regulations, and redistribution of wealth are patriotic.

Or maybe it's destroyed something you want, but you don't get everything you want.

- Hard work
- Thrift
- Self-reliance
- Education

Don't even tell me that this is being undermined by the left, people on the right are also getting divorced in droves.

You elected a president who doesn't much like giving to charity, doesn't think much about education, divorced twice, and isn't such a good neighbor and is about as tolerant of those who are different as a NAZI.

blah blah blah so sleepy zzzzzzzzzz.

What is wrong with you? I have been consistent throughout this thread that neo-liberalism has destroyed our collective consciousness. In other words we have no shared values. There is nothing to list.

There is no such thing as a collective consciousness. People do not share a Hive Mind, except for mindless moonbats who do what their elite masters instruct them to do.

- Hard work
- Thrift
- Self-reliance
- Education

blah blah blah so sleepy zzzzzzzzzz.

And I thought I was replying to an adult.

Why come on here if you're going to act like a child every time someone brings up an argument you don't like?

Neo-liberalism has destroyed America's collective consciousness. We have been reduced to a bunch of individuals competing with one another in the marketplace. I don't think America has any principles by which we can all unite.

Patriotism is what did unite the US. That is why the left wing wishes to destroy the flag and patriotism.

Patriotism is what did unite the US. That is why the left wing wishes to destroy the flag and patriotism.

Well you've just proven yourself wrong, haven't you?

If patriotism is what unites the US, but the left isn't what you deem to be patriotic, then it doesn't unite the country, does it?

There is no such thing as a collective consciousness. People do not share a Hive Mind, except for mindless moonbats who do what their elite masters instruct them to do.
It's not about having a hive mind. We don't all think alike. Obviously.
It's about an awareness that we are all connected by something. Something that has the potential to unite us.
In your case, and many others, it has to start with recognizing that we are in fact a collective.

Last edited:

Patriotism is purely subjective, it doesn't have the power to unite.

Patriotism is purely subjective, it doesn't have the power to unite.

The hell you say.
D-Day-1024x537.jpg

Forum List

Back