What do you think of women?

Their good and bad sides, which ones are dangerous and should be avoided, some personal advice on treating them. Well, anything useful, I mean.

I love all women, except the ones who think and act like men. They're damned annoying.
which one's "act like men"?

You answered your own question.
Seems like you don't think much of women. I pity your wife.

You can't surprise a Russian with cheif exectutives :)

Touché :clap2: Point well taken.

The most strange thing (well, for me, at least) that you can speak to a person for long time without knowing his/her sex :) We have been talking for a month and I don't know for sure if you are a man or woman :) It's practically impossible in Russian.

Aha, well that's interesting. Same would be true in Arabic or Portuguese, among others, where you can see by the context.

Lucy Hamilton had the same conundrum with me, but only because some of the posters I have vanquished on the battlefield express their butthurt by referring to me as "she" and "her" ---- as if female were some kind of inferior thing, which I always say speaks volumes about them.

There are indicators in English, but they're very subtle and not at all conclusive. There are many fascinating studies. From one of them, this graphic gives clues:

Razlike-izme%C4%91u-mu%C5%A1karaca-i-%C5%BEena.png

So in English it's a matter of contextual indications and not grammar. Notice the recurring themes of on one side, love and (warm) emotions and "cute" and "cooperation", and on the other side recurring themes of "victory" and "vanquish" and "war" and "competition" --- which I'm sure parallel most other tongues, but we don't have, say, separate words for "thank you" depending on whether the thanker is male or female.

Last edited:
Their good and bad sides, which ones are dangerous and should be avoided, some personal advice on treating them. Well, anything useful, I mean.

I love all women, except the ones who think and act like men. They're damned annoying.
which one's "act like men"?

You answered your own question.
Seems like you don't think much of women. I pity your wife.

Which one of these guys do you think has a wife anymore? why do you think the plural is being used? Human dimorphism is compatible with 1-3 females/male but the costs, not necessarily monetary, rise exponentially the more lopsided the relationship. Most guys learn that in grammar school. These two didn't.

The most strange thing (well, for me, at least) that you can speak to a person for long time without knowing his/her sex :) We have been talking for a month and I don't know for sure if you are a man or woman :) It's practically impossible in Russian.

Aha, well that's interesting. Same would be true in Arabic or Portuguese, among others, where you can see by the context.

Lucy Hamilton had the same conundrum with me, but only because some of the posters I have vanquished on the battlefield express their butthurt by referring to me as "she" and "her" ---- as if female were some kind of inferior thing, which I always say speaks volumes about them.

There are indicators in English, but they're very subtle and not at all conclusive. There are many fascinating studies. From one of them, this graphic gives clues:

So in English it's a matter of contextual indications and not grammar. Notice the recurring themes of on one side, love and (warm) emotions and "cute" and "cooperation", and on the other side recurring themes of "victory" and "vanquish" and "war" and "competition" --- which I'm sure parallel most other tongues, but we don't have, say, separate words for "thank you" depending on whether the thanker is male or female.
Have you noticed that USMB's female posters tend to all use the power language of men? I don't recall too many women getting into cute. Well there was my thread on the Queen's Hats, but a lot of guys chimed in on that one, too.
Anyway, in a man's world, you gotta fight like a man sometimes. Or at least we feel we need to.

Have you noticed that USMB's female posters tend to all use the power language of men? I don't recall too many women getting into cute. Well there was my thread on the Queen's Hats, but a lot of guys chimed in on that one, too.
Anyway, in a man's world, you gotta fight like a man sometimes. Or at least we feel we need to.
Sounds like bad tactics to me.

Sounds like bad tactics to me.
Upon further reflection, not all USMB women do. It's an indication of good breeding to be able to sink the shiv without using power words. I admire it, but I'm not that good.

Everyone has a different point of view comrade. Hubby always treated me special but also as an equal and a friend from day one since we met. Thirty plus years and neither of us would think of disposing of the other one.

This was one man's take on what would make a man happy.

The one commonality of women that's seems to be real but may be a reflection of my wife being a foot shorter than me is the prevalence of short person's disease. They always seem to be sure that they don't measure up by one standard or another. Even the ones that are tall somehow convince themselves that it makes them less feminine or something. Within broad limits guys don't care. They're not likely to end up alone because there are more women than men so there is always some woman more desperate than they are, which is nice.

The one commonality of women that's seems to be real but may be a reflection of my wife being a foot shorter than me is the prevalence of short person's disease. They always seem to be sure that they don't measure up by one standard or another. Even the ones that are tall somehow convince themselves that it makes them less feminine or something. Within broad limits guys don't care. They're not likely to end up alone because there are more women than men so there is always some woman more desperate than they are, which is nice.
Did you sing this one to her:

Did you sing this one to her:

No my knees are in bad enough shape without taking uppercuts.

By the way what do women find confusing about men? Other than the fact that we have no interest in being her dress up Ken Doll.

Forum List

Back