What do Republicans think the benefits from Keystone will be?

BOTTOMLINE= JOBS AND JOBS AND $$$$$ STAY HERE IN THE USA, WHY GIVE OUR ENEMY OUR $$$ AND JOBS AND HELP THEM IN THEIR EFFORTS TO destroy us???

Many examples here of the "religion" of environmentalism. It is totally futile to try to justify industrial development with facts to these zealots. They don't care about jobs - good lord, none of them would be caught dead doing a job where you might get your hands dirty or break a nail.

The idea of "wind power" makes them feel good, so they really don't want to be bothered with the fact that the wind doesn't blow all the time, and can't be depended on to produce baseload power. Electric cars make them feel good too, so don't remind them that the juice that's powering that car was generated by burning COAL.

They are horrified of nuclear power, but when you point out that not a single person on the U.S. has ever died from radiation at a nuclear power plant, you might as well be humming "the flight of the bumble bee," for all the difference it will make.

Fuck it. Not worth the trouble. Might as well try to convince Jimmy Swaggart that Jesus was a fag.

You spew nothing but lies!

Coal does not power electric cars. Solar, Wind & off peak Nuclear power most of them. The Tesla Super Chargers use renewable energy.

There have been at least 3 fatal nuclear accidents in the USA. There have been more than 20 nuclear and radiation accidents involving fatalities globally.

Nuclear power is expensive power.

comparison-data-not-including-xfuels-sourced-from-the-us-ca-energy-820x400.jpg

Coal does not power electric cars. Solar, Wind & off peak Nuclear power most of them.

LOL!

That's hilarious!

It doesn't matter how many will be created. There will be mos likely hundreds of permanent jobs and thousands of construction jobs that will provide gainful employment and tax revenues while also transporting oil that is going to be transported anyway in the safest manner possible.

If we ramp up refining capacity won't that create more jobs here in the states?

So let me ask is there a set number of jobs (permanent) that need to be met before you will put your stamp of approval on any project?

Really? Can you provide a reliable source of information that states we will create hundreds, if not thousands of jobs in the U.S.?

Sorry..................but the amount of jobs created by this debacle will only number in the hundreds.

I'm also wondering why they need to span so many miles of the Ogallala Aquifer.

Sorry, but I think that those who are part of this project need to shut it down and go home.

Nope.............sorry..........but I (as well as many others who are closer to the land than I am) think that the Keystone Pipeline needs to be shut down.

We can do better (and more efficient power generation) with wind.

How deep is this lame excuse, er, I mean precious aquifer?

The Ogallala Aquifer is a shallow water table aquifer located beneath the Great Plains in the United States. One of the world's largest aquifers, it underlies an area of approximately 174,000 mi² (450,000 km²) in portions of eight states: (South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Texas). It was named in 1898 by N.H. Darton from its type locality near the town of Ogallala, Nebraska. The aquifer is part of the High Plains Aquifer System, and rests on the Ogallala Formation, which is the principal geologic unit underlying 80% of the High Plains.[1]

About 27 percent of the irrigated land in the United States overlies the aquifer, which yields about 30 percent of the ground water used for irrigation in the United States.

Ogallala Aquifer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It provides a third of the water used to grow crops here in the U.S. and provides drinking water to most of the people who live in the Midwest.

Yeah..................I'd say it's important, and when you consider the FACT that tar sands oil SINKS IN WATER, if there was a leak, it would pollute much of the water that the U.S. uses.

There will be a few thousand short term jobs to get the pipeline operational.

Then there will be some hundreds full time to maintain it.

The oil will be moved to the gulf to be refined and then put on the world market to be shipped overseas.

Probably the greatest number of jobs it will generate is when people are hired to clean up oil spills.

So what are the benefits?

Unions like it, it must be good.

LIUNA on Further Delay of Keystone Recommendation

Really? Can you provide a reliable source of information that states we will create hundreds, if not thousands of jobs in the U.S.?

Sorry..................but the amount of jobs created by this debacle will only number in the hundreds.

Sorry, but I think that those who are part of this project need to shut it down and go home.

Nope.............sorry..........but I (as well as many others who are closer to the land than I am) think that the Keystone Pipeline needs to be shut down.

The Ogallala Aquifer is a shallow water table aquifer located beneath the Great Plains in the United States. One of the world's largest aquifers, it underlies an area of approximately 174,000 mi² (450,000 km²) in portions of eight states: (South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Texas). It was named in 1898 by N.H. Darton from its type locality near the town of Ogallala, Nebraska. The aquifer is part of the High Plains Aquifer System, and rests on the Ogallala Formation, which is the principal geologic unit underlying 80% of the High Plains.[1]

About 27 percent of the irrigated land in the United States overlies the aquifer, which yields about 30 percent of the ground water used for irrigation in the United States.

It provides a third of the water used to grow crops here in the U.S. and provides drinking water to most of the people who live in the Midwest.

Yeah..................I'd say it's important, and when you consider the FACT that tar sands oil SINKS IN WATER, if there was a leak, it would pollute much of the water that the U.S. uses.

Wow, so if 1000 barrels leaks, that would pollute much of the U.S. water supply?
How about 10 barrels?

Yes the water in the aquifer is purified and bottled

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

The aquifer in question is UNDERGROUND…and oil that spills out of the pipeline doesn't spill into water, but on that other stuff..you know…. dirt.

And "much of the water the US uses"…what…you never heard of the Missouri and Mississippi river drainages?

Maybe the radical left is really as dumb as we think they are. Apparently the left is unaware that government sponsored "infrastructure" jobs don't grow the economy because they are paid for by money confiscated from the citizens. Only private sector jobs sponsored by the dreaded evil corporate rich actually result in a real spike in the economy. Like it or not and despite the fairy land dreams by the former community agitator who was elected president, the Country can't run on windmills and batteries. It depends on fossil fuel and the welfare of the people is indicated by the cost of fuel.

Wow, so if 1000 barrels leaks, that would pollute much of the U.S. water supply?
How about 10 barrels?

Yes.............if 1,000 barrels leaks that WOULD pollute much of the U.S. water supply.

However...................tell me any time that there has been an oil leak of 10 barrels or less.

Hell................I'll even go 10 times that much...............tell me of an oil leak that was less than 100 barrels.

The EPA has shown that there is no negative environmental impact from the pipeline.

Given that and knowing that pipelines are perhaps the safest way to transport oil resulting in less spillage than rail, truck or ship why do you sheep have a problem with it?

By definition ALL construction jobs are temporary aren't they? So I guess we shouldn't ever build anything because none of those construction jobs are permanent.

Tell me does your ass get jealous of the shit that comes out of your mouth?

On May 7, the Keystone tar sands pipeline provided yet another warning when it spilled approximately 21,000 gallons of crude in North Dakota. This is its eleventh and most significant spill.

What the 21,000 gallon Keystone spill tells us about the safety of tar sands diluted bitumen pipelines

You were saying?

Your point is what?? that spills will happen is that whats tiring to come out??

21 k is a small spill,bet you forgot to mention it got cleaned up also.

The bottom like is people like yourself,want the lights to work,as long as you don't see where the power comes from,they are the ultimate in selfishness.

I'm pretty sure his point is that spills won't happen along the pipeline right of way if the pipeline isn't built. And dude, that tar sand oil has nothing to do with our lights being on.

The aquifer in question is UNDERGROUND…and oil that spills out of the pipeline doesn't spill into water, but on that other stuff..you know…. dirt.

And "much of the water the US uses"…what…you never heard of the Missouri and Mississippi river drainages?

At least 50% of the U.S. water supply comes from underground sources. Tar sand oil has a higher specific gravity than water, and is a sinker. Since most municipal wells draw their water from near or at the bottom of the aquifers, that is where the tar sand oil would have the greatest impact should a subsurface release occur. This is particularly true in the plains states where groundwater is a vital resource.

Maybe the radical left is really as dumb as we think they are. Apparently the left is unaware that government sponsored "infrastructure" jobs don't grow the economy because they are paid for by money confiscated from the citizens. Only private sector jobs sponsored by the dreaded evil corporate rich actually result in a real spike in the economy. Like it or not and despite the fairy land dreams by the former community agitator who was elected president, the Country can't run on windmills and batteries. It depends on fossil fuel and the welfare of the people is indicated by the cost of fuel.

It also cannot long run on aging and dilapidated infrastructure. And since your private sectors rich guys won' foot the bill, hell I guess we'll have to do it. Or do you prefer to live in a third world nation?

Apparently, you don't really know much about how the fresh water runs through this country.

Do some research and quit looking at the simple points FAUX Nooze feeds you.

And yeah..................if the pipeline spilled into the Ogallala aquafier, it would be bad for the whole country.

BTW...................wanna tell me again how many barrels of oil spilled into the Gulf of Mexico before BP finally got something done to stop it?

How about 10 barrels?

Yes.............if 1,000 barrels leaks that WOULD pollute much of the U.S. water supply.

However...................tell me any time that there has been an oil leak of 10 barrels or less.

Hell................I'll even go 10 times that much...............tell me of an oil leak that was less than 100 barrels.

That must be some magic oil.
How fast would it sink?
Would it sink thru the center of the Earth?
Another China syndrome?

Have you ever heard the term, the dose is the poison?

Apparently, you don't really know much about how the fresh water runs through this country.

Sure I do. I also have personally cleaned up more than 1000 barrels of oil spill that you never heard of..and amazingly enough...even in the Mississippi and its tributaries river drainages, I didn't pollute the fresh waters of the country.

Matter of fact, you never even HEARD of any of these 1000 barrels that I cleaned up.

Perhaps you should stick to bikes? Or sailing? And leave the oil spill cleanups that don't bother folks to those of us who can do this job so well morons like you think that 1000 spilled barrels will pollute the countries water?

ABikerSailor said:
Do some research and quit looking at the simple points FAUX Nooze feeds you.

Clean up 1000 barrels of spilled oil and you can speak as though you know anything about this topic.

ABikerSailor said:
And yeah..................if the pipeline spilled into the Ogallala aquafier, it would be bad for the whole country.

Fortunately, you can't easily spill oil hundreds of feet downward through rock. I recommend a course in hydrodynamics for bikers and sailors and 2nd graders...then maybe you'll understand.

ABikerSailor said:
BTW...................wanna tell me again how many barrels of oil spilled into the Gulf of Mexico before BP finally got something done to stop it?

Why? It didn't pollute any part of the countries drinking water either did it?

Many examples here of the "religion" of environmentalism. It is totally futile to try to justify industrial development with facts to these zealots. They don't care about jobs - good lord, none of them would be caught dead doing a job where you might get your hands dirty or break a nail.

The idea of "wind power" makes them feel good, so they really don't want to be bothered with the fact that the wind doesn't blow all the time, and can't be depended on to produce baseload power. Electric cars make them feel good too, so don't remind them that the juice that's powering that car was generated by burning COAL.

They are horrified of nuclear power, but when you point out that not a single person on the U.S. has ever died from radiation at a nuclear power plant, you might as well be humming "the flight of the bumble bee," for all the difference it will make.

Fuck it. Not worth the trouble. Might as well try to convince Jimmy Swaggart that Jesus was a fag.

You spew nothing but lies!

Coal does not power electric cars. Solar, Wind & off peak Nuclear power most of them. The Tesla Super Chargers use renewable energy.

There have been at least 3 fatal nuclear accidents in the USA. There have been more than 20 nuclear and radiation accidents involving fatalities globally.

Nuclear power is expensive power.

comparison-data-not-including-xfuels-sourced-from-the-us-ca-energy-820x400.jpg

Bwhhahahahahah sure keep thinking that,your good!!

Forum List

Back