What do I tell my daughter-in-law who immigrated LEGALLY?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
She came from Ukraine. She followed every rule and regulation. She paid lawyers fees, studied hard and took the oath of citizenship. And she is very very upset with "stupidity of American voters" that put into office
a President who obviously rewards lawbreakers i.e. illegal immigrants.

She loved America for giving her opportunities she didn't have in Ukraine.
But today she doesn't understand why the rules applied to her are now being thrown aside for people that
broke the laws.
Why are illegal activities being rewarded?
When law abiding citizens see lawlessness being rewarded ...hey.. why should the rest of us abide by
any laws?

She came from Ukraine. She followed every rule and regulation. She paid lawyers fees, studied hard and took the oath of citizenship. And she is very very upset with "stupidity of American voters" that put into office

But today she doesn't understand why the rules applied to her are now being thrown aside for people that
broke the laws.
When law abiding citizens see lawlessness being rewarded ...hey.. why should the rest of us abide by
any laws?
Her first problem, she comes from a European country whose inhabitants are white (i.e. Caucasian). Second: she's not viewed by the left as being underprivileged enough and therefore undeserving of the advantage being offered to loads of criminals. It's difficult to sell people who are law-abiding, hard-working, responsible people that being here entitles them to be taken care of by everyone/anyone else. In other words, she's not sold her soul for a free ride.
I, too, know many immigrants, (I refuse to qualify these decent folk using the redundant legal, just as I refuse to describe criminals a illegal immigrants), who are more than a little upset that the criminal invaders are being rewarded with something the immigrants cherish enough to have worked for, paid their dues, filled out their forms, and waited patiently to receive.

broke the laws.
any laws?
You tell her that 79% of Americans want illegals to be granted a path to citizenship or legal status. You tell her the People have spoken.

It's funny how the Right screams about how we must listen to the Will of the People™ when it comes to things like not letting homos file joint tax returns. But then they want to ignore four out of five Americans when it comes to granting Mexicans legal status.

Hmmm. Do you see a pattern here? When it comes to oppressing minorities, the new Right is incredibly consistent, even if they have to be inconsistent and hypocritical in their rhetoric.

Tell her she just learned a valuable political lesson. It's not whats legal, fair, right, or constitutional. It's what a politician thinks he can do to expand the number of voters that will keep his/her side in power.

broke the laws.
any laws?

Did she immigrate here before or after she married your son?

Oh, and one more thing, healthmyths.

You tell your daughter-in-law that life is way, way, way harder for an illegal immigrant than it is for her. But they were still desperate enough to come to America anyway.

And you tell her that whatever path to citizenship they will eventually get will be just as difficult, if not way more difficult, than it was for her.

You be sure and tell her that, mm-kay?

Also, ask her why no group of permanent immigrants (family-based and employment-based) from a single country can exceed 7% of the total amount of people immigrating to the United States in a single year, even if they are coming from right next door.

broke the laws.
any laws?
You tell her that 79% of Americans want illegals to be granted a path to citizenship or legal status.

Source?

Tell her welcome to the America the Democrat party wants.
And might as well throw in the fact that she's gonna have to work twice as hard
as those that are quite a few shades darker then she is.

Tell her how lucky she is. There are many thousands of Ukrainians here without documents living in fear of deportation back to Ukraine and war and many more thousands who want to come here.

Tell her exactly what I told my legally immigrated son-in-law.

Doing things the right way is a benefit on it's own. The lawless will be his, and his children's problems.

Vote to fix the problem

He voted straight republican in a blue state

Guys a helluva addition to this country

broke the laws.
any laws?
You tell her that 79% of Americans want illegals to be granted a path to citizenship or legal status. You tell her the People have spoken.

It's funny how the Right screams about how we must listen to the Will of the People™ when it comes to things like not letting homos file joint tax returns. But then they want to ignore four out of five Americans when it comes to granting Mexicans legal status.

Hmmm. Do you see a pattern here? When it comes to oppressing minorities, the new Right is incredibly consistent, even if they have to be inconsistent and hypocritical in their rhetoric.

Bullshit.
Only 17% want these people here permanently.

Oh, and one more thing, healthmyths.

You tell your daughter-in-law that life is way, way, way harder for an illegal immigrant than it is for her. But they were still desperate enough to come to America anyway.

And you tell her that whatever path to citizenship they will eventually get will be just as difficult, if not way more difficult, than it was for her.

You be sure and tell her that, mm-kay?

Also, ask her why no group of permanent immigrants (family-based and employment-based) from a single country can exceed 7% of the total amount of people immigrating to the United States in a single year, even if they are coming from right next door.

Isn't it obvious?

broke the laws.
any laws?
Tell her to thank every American she meets for letting her immigrate here. After that she should stfu and stop whining or go back to where she came from.

broke the laws.
any laws?
You tell her that 79% of Americans want illegals to be granted a path to citizenship or legal status.

Source?
What Americans Want From Immigration Reform in 2014

62% of Americans favor providing a way for immigrants who are currently living in the United States illegally to become citizens provided they meet certain requirements, while 17% support allowing them to become permanent legal residents

Consistent with findings from March 2013, majorities of self-identified Democrats (70%), independents (61%), and Republicans (51%) continue to favor a path to citizenship for immigrants living in the country illegally.

Even a majority of Republicans want a path to citizenship.

On immigration, Republicans favor path to legal status, but differ over citizenship

25thutv.jpg

Poll Roundup Majority of Americans Support Immigration Reform With Citizenship - Immigration Reform America s Voice Immigration Reform America s Voice

A new Quinnipiac poll finds that 64 percent of voters support the Senate immigration bill, including 60 percent of Republicans.

Other polls that do this also find GOP support for this combination.

WSJ/NBC News Survey
July 17-21

• 44% of respondents would blame Republicans in Congress if immigration reform fails, while 14% would blame Democrats
United Technologies/National Journal Congressional Connection
July 11-14

• Only one in five say they want the GOP-controlled House to NOT act on immigration reform
  • Only 13% say they want the House to strip the eventual pathway to citizenship measure from the bill that passed the Democratic-controlled Senate.
Gallup
June-July 2013

• 88% of Americans support allowing immigrants to become citizens
  • 83% of conservatives support allowing immigrants to become citizens

broke the laws.
any laws?

broke the laws.
any laws?

Whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, and your daughter is whining too, I guess it's that apple not falling far from the tree thing especially since she has to ask you instead of figuring it out for herself.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back