What do Conservatives think about psychology (in general)

What do Conservatives think about psychology (in general)?

• It has its merits but people often put too much stock in it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the mother is always blamed for the children's crimes

• all of the above but it's still a good thing

• all of the above and it's more bad than good

• I believe in that "myth of mental illness" theory

• not an exact science so it gets abused/misused

• Total voters
LOL

You must be the one who voted for 2

I think there is a lot of truth in the field of psychology but I have found that analyzing people a lot can be a very bad thing. I mean, so some person had a hard childhood. A lot of people have. But some end up on Death Row and others do not. I myself say that the true religion of Christ can do wonders for the crime rate. . can and does.

Again, when is the last time we saw a devout Catholic kill his whole family like what happened in UT recently?

On a lighter note:

When is the last time you saw a devout Catholic politician.....

well, we can stop right there... There aren't any.

Oh, maybe Scalise?

but I don't know if he is a practicing Catholic.. Some call themselves Catholic but aren't very practicing. He seems like a decent dude, though. :)
I believe that a man can pick-up on certain signals from other people if you are around the criminal element long enough that will help you on the street as far as dealing with liars and potentially dangerous people.....I can see some of those exact same traits in politicians.

Generally speaking nature provides many clues if you pay attention. ;)

7061f199edf4a520ee976c8917b11b67--nature-comics.jpg

What do Conservatives think about psychology (in general)?

One reason I ask: On Fox some time ago, there was a discussion among commentators about the murders in Idaho (Moscow) and one person, probably a liberal but I don't know much about her, brought up how the perp or likely perp, i should say, had a rough childhood or words to that effect.

Well, I had a rough.. not childhood but definitely a rough adolescence and early adulthood, and I haven't killed anyone so far... Some people make me think about it (libs- LOL) but so far...
Having it rough and being bullied are not necessarily that the same. Bullied guys often carry anger and a need for revenge into adulthood. One report indicated that this guy was bullied.

I believe that a man can pick-up on certain signals from other people if you are around the criminal element long enough that will help you on the street as far as dealing with liars and potentially dangerous people.....I can see some of those exact same traits in politicians.

Generally speaking nature provides many clues if you pay attention. ;)

7061f199edf4a520ee976c8917b11b67--nature-comics.jpg
LOL

The lib politicians have told us Do Not Touch

by being incredibly unattractive... to anyone with half a brain

Psychology/psychiatry = A myth propagated to sell drugs.

could very well be. I once had a physical checkup, which turned out normal and even better than normal (LDL/HDL profile excellent). Then the doctor asked about my mood and just because I wasn't all happy, happy, happy, wanted to prescribe drugs. I said No and the dude actually got visibly irritated..

The following is why Psychology has a BAD name, namely it is used as an excuse to get people out of the punishment they are due for their crimes

I couldn't care less how mentally ill a person is (whatever that term even means...). If they do the crime, they do the time (or die or whatever)

The following is why Psychology has a BAD name, namely it is used as an excuse to get people out of the punishment they are due for their crimes

I couldn't care less how mentally ill a person is (whatever that term even means...). If they do the crime, they do the time (or die or whatever)

Many sane criminals don't believe their crimes are wrong, but they know that the authorities believe their crimes are wrong. That's why they try to avoid being caught.

Many sane criminals don't believe their crimes are wrong, but they know that the authorities believe their crimes are wrong. That's why they try to avoid being caught.
Yates was in that category.

What's really twisted (among other adjectives I could come up with) is that actually, she was correct that her children's souls were in danger, as are all childrens' souls--when they "grow up". I mean, the older you get, the more sins you commit and the more corrupted you become because the world around you is corrupt (the world within also).. I think of that song: Bless the beasts and the children for the world can never be the world they see. So true. They don't see all the bad stuff, none of us do when we are young.. yet it defiles us little by little.. unless we fight against it at every turn.

But who can kill her own children? (I don't speak of abortion...).

The answer for all the corruption your children will see and experience is to GUIDE them through it, teach them the ways of wisdom.. give them JESUS who remained a virgin.. etc.. so they will not become so corrupted, so they can change the world for the better.

Forum List

Back