What color should I paint my truck?

Paint color/combination?

• 1. Ochre and white two tone deluxe. Nearly matches my SPID & build sheet, but wrong combination

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. Dark blue and white two tone with lower moldings.

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • 3. Hugger orange and white two tone deluxe.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 4. Dark and medium olive two tone. Top and bottom moldings.

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

TheDude

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2016
U.S.A. gone wild
Little history. I've owned this since 89, and since then I've been unable to decide on a color. Well, I'm finally getting around to restoring it and the cab is nearly stripped. My truck is a short wheel base SWB. It might add value mentioning it's a factory big block and A/C truck.

The original color was Ochre, white top and white letters on the tailgate. This paint combination is called two tone. This will be an "original" restoration, and this combination would match my SPID and build sheet, but I'm not choosing this color scheme. That said, I haven't ruled out Ochre and White two tone deluxe. Two tone deluxe is where the paint colors are separated by the upper and lower belts (picture 1 and 3). There are also some variances on the tailgate.

Here are examples for what I have in mind. Whatever I do, this truck will be an "original" color and combination. Just not the original color and/or combination. Any input is appreciated:

1. Ochre and white two tone deluxe. The colors would match my SPID and build sheet, but not the moldings and paint combination. In other terms, there's some added value (not $), but how much is subjective. Note: Everyone I know personally hates the color ochre. Many 67-72 Chevy truck guys, including myself like it a lot. Some (not me) feel it's #1, while others hate it.
attachment.php

2. Dark blue and white two tone with lower belt. Note: I'd have white letters on the tailgate with one additional molding, because mine is a Custom Deluxe. It's a difference in trim levels and this picture is of a Cheyenne. Additional note: His frame around the windshield is blue and is not stock for that year. Mine would be white like the rest of the upper cab:
46f172d9f41c5fe456091d99f5affafd.jpg

3. Hugger orange and white two tone deluxe. No doubt about it, the color is fantastic. But it's a bit "common" and not necessarily my personal favorite.
a70cefe4c65fffa444888f8035bd699f.jpg

4. Dark and medium olive two tone. Top and bottom moldings. I added a close up of the cab for this, because the truck in the picture doesn't do its justice. Plus the picture is of a long bed. My grille is different. as well. 1971-72 Vs 1969-70 per the picture. This color combo is really growing on me.
70cstNathanse.jpg

cstcabpaintpictures004.jpg

Last edited:
Blue and white, but isn't this a question only you can answer? It is an aesthetic detail, and different people have different tastes in style.

Little history. I've owned this since 89, and since then I've been unable to decide on a color. Well, I'm finally getting around to restoring it and the cab is nearly stripped. My truck is a short wheel base SWB. It might add value mentioning it's a factory big block and A/C truck.

The original color was Ochre, white top and white letters on the tailgate. This paint combination is called two tone. This will be an "original" restoration, and this combination would match my SPID and build sheet, but I'm not choosing this color scheme. That said, I haven't ruled out Ochre and White two tone deluxe. Two tone deluxe is where the paint colors are separated by the upper and lower belts (picture 1 and 3). There are also some variances on the tailgate.

Here are examples for what I have in mind. Whatever I do, this truck will be an "original" color and combination. Just not the original color and/or combination. Any input is appreciated:

1. Ochre and white two tone deluxe. The colors would match my SPID and build sheet, but not the moldings and paint combination. In other terms, there's some added value (not $), but how much is subjective. Note: Everyone I know personally hates the color ochre. Many 67-72 Chevy truck guys, including myself like it a lot. Some (not me) feel it's #1, while others hate it.
attachment.php

2. Dark blue and white two tone with lower belt. Note: I'd have white letters on the tailgate with one additional molding, because mine is a Custom Deluxe. It's a difference in trim levels and this picture is of a Cheyenne. Additional note: His frame around the windshield is blue and is not stock for that year. Mine would be white like the rest of the upper cab:

3. Hugger orange and white two tone deluxe. No doubt about it, the color is fantastic. But it's a bit "common" and not necessarily my personal favorite.

4. Dark and medium olive two tone. Top and bottom moldings. I added a close up of the cab for this, because the truck in the picture doesn't do its justice. Plus the picture is of a long bed. My grille is different. as well. 1971-72 Vs 1969-70 per the picture. This color combo is really growing on me.
attachment.php

Here's a suggestion

upload_2016-12-9_23-1-2.png

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here's a suggestion

View attachment 101434

Hell yeah. I'll take long legs, tight shorts and a pretty face too thanks.

I had one like that that was green and white. Not flashy, but it seems to fit that truck better than any other colors.

maybe the blue on sides and the white on top?

It looks real nice.

You mean the two tone deluxe, like the hugger orange and ochre in the OP? It's a beautiful combo and was a favorite, but I probably won't.

Yeah Glasnos, I get your meaning on the gray. I don't think it was a factory option however.

New Topics

Forum List

Back