What can we all agree on?

you are effectively paying for other people on private. You are effectively paying for people who dont pay at the Er. Your "slave" analogy is fucking retarded.You want to pretend you are a slave? I fucking treat you like a real slave.

See as a slave you dont get to go on the internet. You have no freedom of speech to speak your opinion period. You will eat what i tell you, sleep when i tell you. You will own nothing.

This is why you are a fucking moron. You dont know what a slave is you insult to the human race.
What do you call it when the fruits of ones labor are taken from them (by force if necessary) and given to another? I suppose instead of slavery, you could call it involuntary servitude, which is specifically called out in AMENDMENT XIII.

taxes are not slavery. Its not involuntary servitude either. Its just paying taxes.
You dont get healthcare we are not going to take you out back and whip your back till you pass out from blood lose.
Liberty is removed one small piece at at a time, not in fell swoops that would be fought against. That is exactly why you don't think a tax increase here and there is slavery. Or maybe it is because you are the beneficiary and not the one having the fruits of your labor taken from you.
It appalls me that it now is acceptable to some that the government can FORCE people to engage in commerce and FORCE others to pay for it. Nothing in the US Constitution allows the government to FORCE me to purchase a product or FORCE me to pay for another to do so. It's sickening.

A good question, however there are many that just can't see the forest for the trees. They are so concerned about some people getting financial assistance from the government, that they can't see the value of universal healthcare coverage to the nation.

They ignore the fact that illness in the workforce cost $576 billion a year. Inoculations for communicable disease which are free under the ACA could prevent the spread of disease that effects all of us. Tens of thousands of deaths each year from cancer and heart disease could be prevented by early diagnosis and treatment. They ignore the fact that better health begins with accessible healthcare and better healthcare improves all of our lives.

Is it free if I pay for it?
Inoculations and other preventive services are free under all the plans, that is there is no fee charge for the service.

The point that so many people miss is the that access to healthcare, benefits you just as it benefits a friend, co-worker, or family member. Everyone benefits by reducing the spread of disease and early detection and treatment of serious diseases. The best way to do that is see that everyone has access to healthcare services.

they have been "free" under ALL plans at least for the last 40 years.

gosh, you leftards are stupid.

Is it free if I pay for it?
Inoculations and other preventive services are free under all the plans, that is there is no fee charge for the service.

The point that so many people miss is the that access to healthcare, benefits you just as it benefits a friend, co-worker, or family member. Everyone benefits by reducing the spread of disease and early detection and treatment of serious diseases. The best way to do that is see that everyone has access to healthcare services.

they have been "free" under ALL plans at least for the last 40 years.

gosh, you leftards are stupid.
You seem ignore the fact that there are tens of millions of millions of people who don't have any plan.

Whatever our political preferences are, don't we all care about every American having healthcare and living a decent life? Perhaps the ACA isn't the best solution, but neither is refusing to help. Thoughts?

Yes we care but "providing a decent life" is not the job of government. It's an individual's job...with society, in the form of charitable groups and religious organizations, supporting those who cannot make it. Those who refuse to make it can go pound sand.

Understandable, people shouldn't be completely reliant upon the government. But it must be recognized that not everyone has the same opportunities or resources available to them. Charitable groups and religious organizations aren't always enough. Are you really suggesting all the thousands of Americans on Medicare and Medicaid should just stop receiving government payments and turn to charitable groups? Not very feasible.

What can we all agree on?

Absolutely nothing......it is the human condition....the tower of babel...with Obabble it's leader.

Refusing to help? What does that mean in liberal speak? Higher taxes to fund crazy social schemes that can't work and don't work? We are still funding LBJ's "great society" which was a failure way back when Carter was president. What we need is cheap (fossil fuel) energy, less government regulations and smaller federal bureaucracies.

Whatever our political preferences are, don't we all care about every American having healthcare and living a decent life? Perhaps the ACA isn't the best solution, but neither is refusing to help. Thoughts?

The US Constitution, Bill of Rights and Amendments never list healthcare as a right.
The ACA does nothing to make health care affordable, it is merely a mandate to have insurance and for the government to subsidize insurance.
If I am being forced (via taxes) to pay for health insurance for another person, that effectively makes me a slave to that person because the fruits of my labor are being denied of me and given to another.

You speak of a "decent living", should every person be provided clothing? Should every person be provided a house? What about in that house, should they be provided a comfortable bed and bedding, electricity, gas, cookware, dinnerware, etc?
Where do you draw the line for providing for others at your own personal expense?

Not sure if you realize, but the ACA in theory could decrease everyone's cost of healthcare. The reason why healthcare is so expensive in the first place is partially because of those who don't have healthcare but get sick/injured. If an uninsured person comes to the hospital with a broken arm, they still have to be treated. You are already paying for those without healthcare so why not support the ACA (or at least some other similar solution) and pay less for healthcare in the long run?

The US Constitution, Bill of Rights and Amendments never list healthcare as a right.
The ACA does nothing to make health care affordable, it is merely a mandate to have insurance and for the government to subsidize insurance.
If I am being forced (via taxes) to pay for health insurance for another person, that effectively makes me a slave to that person because the fruits of my labor are being denied of me and given to another.

You speak of a "decent living", should every person be provided clothing? Should every person be provided a house? What about in that house, should they be provided a comfortable bed and bedding, electricity, gas, cookware, dinnerware, etc?
Where do you draw the line for providing for others at your own personal expense?

Not sure if you realize, but the ACA in theory could decrease everyone's cost of healthcare. The reason why healthcare is so expensive in the first place is partially because of those who don't have healthcare but get sick/injured. If an uninsured person comes to the hospital with a broken arm, they still have to be treated. You are already paying for those without healthcare so why not support the ACA (or at least some other similar solution) and pay less for healthcare in the long run?
Hospitals alone write off $41 billion a year in unpaid bills. Hospitals, doctors, and other healthcare providers write offs amount to more than half of $120 billion cost of Obamacare.

There are other cost benefits, which are hard to quantify but they're there. American business loses $576 billion a year due to employee illness. The indirect costs associated with preventable chronic diseases—costs related to worker productivity as well as the resulting fiscal drag on the nation’s economic output—may exceed $1 trillion per year. Unpaid medical bills are the largest cause of bankruptcy which is a drag on the economy. A healthier country is central to economic progress and the first step is better access to healthcare. If the U.S. can reduce the costs of health care over the long term—by preventing diseases that require costly medical procedures to treat and by making our existing health systems more efficient—the costs of American products can become more competitive in a global marketplace.

Unpaid Hospital Bills Rise To $41 Billion Annually - Forbes

Harvard School of Public Health » HSPH News » Public health and the U.S. economy

Last edited:

Forum List

Back