What book do you want to see in movie form?

Fathers and Sons Ivan Turgenev

May be a movie somewhere but I can't find it; possibly in Russian but it isn't a Soviet style book.

Greg

tabloid.jpg

Back in the eighties, when I was in school, I read a libertarian themed book for kid's called, The Girl Who Owned a City. It was published in 1975, and sort of the equivalent at the time to the Hunger Games.

At the time, it was sort of slammed by the educational cultural, they all turned their noses up at it.

I am surprised to find now, it is taught in some schools to kids as a paradigm for critical thinking and self-reliance.

IMO, I always thought it was a better dystopian juvenile fiction than either the Hunger Games or the Giver.

If I were a Hollywood producer, and wanted to make a buck, especially given this whole interest in pandemics and viruses. . . that is where I would put my money.

220px-The_girl_who_owned_a_city_ot_nelson.jpg

Country singer Trace Adkins did a book on his life back in 2007 named A Personal Stand. To me, with everything that has happened in his life, how could his life not be just the one for a film?

God bless you and Trace always!!!

Holly (a day one fan of him)

P.S. Seriously, if he were a cat, he would be on life eight or nine by now.

The great and secret show.

But Jesus it would have to be a 3 hour movie with a 100 million dollar budget, and a director who could bring it to life like Guillermo del Toro.

The damnation game or the thief of always would be awesome as well.

I would like to see any of the Pendergast books made into a movie. Providing it wasn't disfigured.

I liked reading the Dirk Pitt books. The Sahara movie was okay however it was not Pitt although in the direction of him. I think that each book would be better as a multi part miniseries arc even with a lower budget.

Forum List

Back