What are your top 3-5 personal favorite sit-coms of all time?

I really don't watch a lot of sitcoms but I like a couple of them:

MASH

Golden Girls

Friends

Fresh Prince

Seinfeld

The only thing I watch on the Networks now is NFL Football. Other then that I usually wait till it gets on disk. I've only seen The Office on DVD. I haven't watched much of anything they do since the 90s.

I don't like the commercials and I don't patronize the Networks anymore since they decided to side with Democrats. That's how bad it's become.

I really don't watch a lot of sitcoms but I like a couple of them:

MASH

Golden Girls

Friends

Fresh Prince

Seinfeld

The only thing I watch on the Networks now is NFL Football. Other then that I usually wait till it gets on disk. I've only seen The Office on DVD. I haven't watched much of anything they do since the 90s.

I don't like the commercials and I don't patronize the Networks anymore since they decided to side with Democrats. That's how bad it's become.

Oh Jeezus, Mud.. Whaa.

I hate all sitcoms. They introduced canned laughter into our homes encouraging laughing at what is not funny, degrading americans view of other americans and dumbing down the population.

:lol: You would make a great sitcom. Lord knows we all laugh at you here.

I would like to think I entertain occasionally but seeing as how you have been thoroughly trained to laugh at anything the glee I might otherwise enjoy is diluted almost entirely.

good

miserable cocksucker

Wow! This thread has helped me remember all the sitcoms I used to watch when I was a kid. Since Seinfeld went off the air, I gave up on sitcoms. By the looks of it though, The Office seems to be a hit. At least with the folks here. I generally keep to news, NGEO, Food Network, Discovery ... stations like that. Oh, and Nick with my kids.

1. Seinfeld
2. The Carol Burnette Show
3. The Dick Van Dyke Show

The Odd Couple
Happy Days
Good Times
The Jeffersons

It's difficult to choose only 3, so I will focus on one...the best of all time IMO.

99321671_b292246abb_o.jpg

The Honeymooners
- showcased the genius of Jackie Gleason. The show used a simple setting that put the focus on the characters. It was shot before a live audience and episodes were never fully rehearsed. Gleason felt that rehearsals would rob the show of its spontaneity. The result was that while the cast was able to bring a fresh approach to the material, mistakes were often made — lines were either recited incorrectly or forgotten altogether, and actors did not follow the scripted action.

Ralph Kramden and his pal Ed Norton were 'everyman'...always searching for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, the get rich quick scheme that would transport them from Chauncey St in Brooklyn to the penthouses of 5th Avenue.

FYI...the Flintstones is a direct parody.

:lol: You would make a great sitcom. Lord knows we all laugh at you here.

I would like to think I entertain occasionally but seeing as how you have been thoroughly trained to laugh at anything the glee I might otherwise enjoy is diluted almost entirely.

good

miserable cocksucker

What kinda world is it when the mod is the very first one to go off topic?:cuckoo:

I don't hate the mindfucked morons that have been trained like hamsters to eat co co puffs and giggle endlessly without reason at bad writing.

You can believe all is good in tv land but I feel otherwise.

Now... as for your interest in fellatio.. You can stand in line to rent out the HOMO CAGE like everyone else.

Arrested Development-RIP :( {The Public just didn't "get it"}

30 Rock-Great Writing and Cutting Humor

The Office-Characters are also writers on the show

Modern Family-A bit like AD, yet more sheeple friendly. ;)

Monty Pythons Flying Circus
Seinfeld
Mad About You
Arrested Development
Big Bang Theory
Barney Miller

Also The Middle and Modern Family are cracking me up.

It's difficult to choose only 3, so I will focus on one...the best of all time IMO.

The Honeymooners
- showcased the genius of Jackie Gleason. The show used a simple setting that put the focus on the characters. It was shot before a live audience and episodes were never fully rehearsed. Gleason felt that rehearsals would rob the show of its spontaneity. The result was that while the cast was able to bring a fresh approach to the material, mistakes were often made — lines were either recited incorrectly or forgotten altogether, and actors did not follow the scripted action.

Ralph Kramden and his pal Ed Norton were 'everyman'...always searching for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, the get rich quick scheme that would transport them from Chauncey St in Brooklyn to the penthouses of 5th Avenue.

Yes, the Flintstones is.

As a kid, I used to watch reruns when my brothers had control of the TV. They liked both shows. I never liked them all that much because it was the same thing over and over. Ralph and Ed/Fred and Barney would lie to someone (wives/bosses/friends/etc.) and then get caught in those lies. I confess that I saw some funny moments, but I found both shows boring. Just my taste.

Seinfeld

The Honeymooners

Taxi (with Christopher Lloyd as Reverend Jim)

M.A.S.H. (with McClain Stevenson and before it got too preachy)

All In the Family

The Honeymooners

Yes, the Flintstones is.

As a kid, I used to watch reruns when my brothers had control of the TV. They liked both shows. I never liked them all that much because it was the same thing over and over. Ralph and Ed/Fred and Barney would lie to someone (wives/bosses/friends/etc.) and then get caught in those lies. I confess that I saw some funny moments, but I found both shows boring. Just my taste.

There were a lot more sub plots, cultural nuances and funny human interaction than your critic. Maybe it was over your head...

The Honeymooners

Yes, the Flintstones is.

There were a lot more sub plots, cultural nuances and funny human interaction than your critic. Maybe it was over your head...

:lol: Obviously my tastes differ from yours in more ways than just TV sitcoms. I account for different tastes, you insult based on them.

I WOULD apologize for hurting your feelings, but I don't think I will. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The Honeymooners

I agree.

I can watch The Honeymooners repeatedly and still laugh.

One of my favorite all time scenes is when Alice and ralph are arguing and Ed is doing a crossword puzzle. He asks for a four-letter word for bug that ends in "T". Ralph tells him to put down nat, N-A-T. Alice tells him it's gnat, G-N-A-T. Ed tells Alice he has to go with Ralph on this one because a guy he works with in the sewer, Nat Birnbaum, doesn't spell it with a "G".

In no particular order:

Hogan's Heroes
Mork & Mindy
Adams Family
Barney Miller / Welcome Back Kotter (I think they were on back to back then)
Two and a Half Men

Forum List

Back