What are your honest thoughts on Lance Armstrong?

jaredaldo13

Aug 29, 2017
Here are my thoughts.

He is the 7 time Tour De France winner. I believe that to compete in his era, you needed to dope. 87% of top 10 finishers from 1999-2005 were confirmed or suspected dopers.

I also believe he was a good person. He made some mistakes, and was a bully at times, but in the end, he still raised $500 million to support cancer patients.

I think the media and the general public are way too harsh on him
armstrong-7989.jpg

His legacy is that of a cheater and a liar. I wish him the best in life.

Everyone in that sport was doping. I still view him as a champion

Who?

(actually, I know who he is, but he made no impact on my life)

I liked him till he married Sheryl Crow.

When that happened, I knew he had to be a loser. Love her music, but she's a serious skank.

I'm reminded of those baseball players who took drugs so they could be just a little better. Yes, it's cheating. It used to piss me off. Now. I have to say: sometimes jocks do dumb things.

Rules are rules. Honorable people abide by them, dishonest people do not. Sometimes the rules are stupid and make no sense, and sometimes the rules are discriminatory. So, you fix 'em asap as necessary but until that happens if you don't follow the rules then you pay the consequences if you get caught. He got caught, so no sympathy from me and no respect either except to say that he did admit his misdeeds and that is to his credit.

It seems to me the bigger issue here is the example he sets for future generations. Are they learning not to cheat or are they learning not to get caught? I'm not sure that misbehavior isn't being tolerated more than it should be. Our legal system is such that to many times people do not pay a price that comes close to equalling the damage they did to other people or to our society as a whole.

Forum List

Back