What are you looking forward to?

Sep 12, 2008
Friday I get the micropeople for three weeks visitation

Woot woot!

Nothing extiting planed. Just the three of us veging together.

But having their company always makes me feel good.

When they go back to their mom I seek consolation in peanut butter and chocolate ice cream.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the weekend!

I had 3 grandkids for the weekend.
Lots of splashing in the pool, cooking out and some gardening work as well.
Picked first half runner beans yesterday.

My parents are having a garage sale, so I am going to be working that, I plan on making some much needed money on a lot of baby stuff. Saturday night I plan on going to the Colville Rodeo, which should be fun, I love small town rodeo's.

One thing my boy is looking forward to is boy scout camp. Fees are only $125

I don't understand his love of camping out. His mom and I both hate it.

Must be a throwback to my dad.

You are a great father my friend.

You love for your children glows in your posts.

Every failure I have ever had in my life has been self induced, and believe me there has been some British Petroleum catastrophic failures in my life.

It was not societies fault, not my families fault.

I am still man enough to own it.

But I had a golden, loving, joy filled, wonderful Dad.

And there has never been one day where I have not thought of him.

Rumor has it I am an alcoholic, so I forget a lot of stuff, but not one moment with my departed Dad.

But then my Dad would say "if you forgot it how would you know you did not forget it?"

I love you Golden Dad.

Last edited:
I'm looking foward to buying my son a beer on his 21st birthday in Seattle come September.

I'm also looking forward to kayacking the Delaware with (I shit you not, folks) my 1957 (2nd grade) VALENTINE, when I visit PA this August.

The last day of school and summer vacation! ( Friday the 18th )

:woohoo:

No homework
No projects
No making lunches
No pressure!

There is something so special about summer vacations. Any form of 'routine' is thrown out with the last of the papers and the pencils that have been sharpened down to an inch in length. The time of day matters little as the sound of kids playing outside reaches far past the 8:00 hour. Bedtimes are extended and sleeping in becomes a way of life.

Yeah .... I love summer vacation and so do my children.

Friday I get the micropeople for three weeks visitation

Woot woot!

Nothing extiting planed. Just the three of us veging together.

But having their company always makes me feel good.

When they go back to their mom I seek consolation in peanut butter and chocolate ice cream. Mmmmmmmm!

Anyway, I am looking forward to the weekend!

Micropeople?
:lol:
Sooooooooo cute!

Enjoy EVERY moment Baruch Menachem!

I started a "summer bucket list" a few years ago with my kids. Now they work so my friends have jumped in and started contributing to "the list" I have it stored on my bb.

I always spend a weekend in NY and AC with my gal pals. Always a blast.

We also want to visit my bro in Seattle but still have to see if the boys can get time off. I'm not too optimistic about that.

That is soooo cool. Romance?

I don't know about romance, Chanel. I'm not actively seeking another significant other in my life. (I never actually was, but somehow I kept finding them all my life, anyway, if you know what I mean)

I think this event is probably more like us reaffirming that we are still the same people we were when we were kids. We're older, wiser, more cynical, certainly.

But still.. somewhere inside of all of us lives that innocent child we once were, too, don't you think?

Only very old friends can help us get in touch with that child, ya know?

And who doesn't still hold a place in their hearts for that boy or girl that we had our first crush on when we were both just innocent kids? (whoever they are, I feel sorry for them)

I will tell you this though...

...we parted ways socially when we were still in elementary school. Although we continued in the same schools evn through high school, we weren't close at all.

But when my first valentine found me via facebook, I could tell her exactly the last time I'd seen her, where I saw her, and what we talked about, too.

And, Chanel? That last time we spoke was for about 5 minutes over 30 years ago!

Given that I didn't really think it a big deal that we'd met way back then, I was rather shocked that I even remembered our brief encounter in 1977.

I suspect what happened is that that 2nd grade editec (my inner child, I guess) tucked away that brief encounter because that child editec understood that the (then) college-age editec was too damned busy with his own frantic life at the time to think it mattered.

The older I get the more I realize that one's life wasn't about career, or posessions, it isn't about fame, or what you do, it's what happened between you and other people.

Sometimes touching base with who you are now demands that you touch base with who you were then.

Forum List

Back