What are you listening to?

Earlier I was listening to Béla Bartók "String Quartet No. 5", on the record player.

You Tube being amazing, they have all of Bartók's String Quartet's uploaded.

The painting in the background of course, this is Wassily Kandinsky's "Composition VIII" from 1923, Kandinsky's early Bauhaus period....I love Kandinsky, one of my favourite artists.

This is the Allegro from "String Quartet No. 5":

Then I listened to Imarhan, who are Tuareg from Algeria and are on City Slang Records which is owned and run by some friends of our's in Berlin:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

The whole Imarhan album is completely astonishing.

This is Imarhan's song "Tahabort" which is amazing, incredibly intricate guitar work and in general just extraordinary noise, they're on tour throughout Europa this month and also March, we must go and watch them do their thing:

Edited to add comment.

P J Harvey "Kamikaze" from her album "Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea" released in 2000 on Island Records.

I've just discovered Reverend Beat-Man
I'm a psucker for Psychobilly.

Last edited:
Earlier I was listening to Béla Bartók "String Quartet No. 5", on the record player.

The painting in the background of course, this is Wassily Kandinsky's "Composition VIII" from 1923, Kandinsky's early Bauhaus period....I love Kandinsky, one of my favourite artists.

Then I listened to Imarhan, who are Tuareg from Algeria and are on City Slang Records which is owned and run by some friends of our's in Berlin:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

This is Imarhan's song "Tahabort" which is amazing, incredibly intricate guitar work and in general just extraordinary noise, they're on tour throughout Europa this month and also March, we must go and watch them do their thing:

Edited to add comment.

My Bloody Valentine "You Made Me Realise" from the "You Made Me Realise EP" released on 12" in 1988 on Creation Records....the other tracks are "Slow", "Thorn", "Cigarette In Your Bed" and "Drive It All Over Me"

My Bloody Valentine "When You Sleep" from the album "Loveless" released in 1991 on Creation Records.

City Slang Records

Imarhan

Edited to add comment.

Spectrum & Silver Apples "The Edge" from the album "A Lake of Teardrops" released in 1999 on Space Age Recordings.

City Slang Records

Imarhan

Edited to add comment.

Charles Mingus "Haitian Fight Song" from the album "The Clown" released in 1957 on Atlantic Records.

Charles Mingus of course on double bass, Shafi Hadi on alto and tenor saxophone, Jimmy Knepper on trombone, Wade Legge on piano and Danny Richmond on drums.

Hey Pogo get your buttocks back in this thread, you've not posted for more than a week.

Originally published on the 1973 masterpiece, Phaedra, this is a live version of Tangerine Dream's Mysterious Semblance on the Strand of Nightmares. This recording was made at the TD 35th anniversary tour at Shepard's Bush Empire in 2005. Enjoy!

City Slang Records

Imarhan

Edited to add comment.

Charles Mingus "Haitian Fight Song" from the album "The Clown" released in 1957 on Atlantic Records.

Charles Mingus of course on double bass, Shafi Hadi on alto and tenor saxophone, Jimmy Knepper on trombone, Wade Legge on piano and Danny Richmond on drums.

Hey Pogo get your buttocks back in this thread, you've not posted for more than a week.

Doch! Ich habe drei posten am Sontag gebraucht. o_O

Mingus reminded me of this record. I wore it out. Love Percy Heath's bass work here.

Modern Jazz 4tet - Topsy

Last edited:

Forum List

Back