What are you listening to?

They were part of my growing up...you know, I still have the vinyl albums.

Are there any such poets in songwriting still?

I know one fine rock and roll poet is still recording, Bruce Springsteen. I haven't heard his recent stuff, it has gotten good reviews.

I'm listening to "Hungry Heart" by Bruce right now. It's from the Essential Bruce Springsteen two - CD set. There's some great stuff on this.

I'm listening to Dancing in the Dark now...he hits home...to every one of us in America :)

I think what I liked about Bruce is his songs were stories...and those stories hit home with so many small towns, growing up....us.

I know one fine rock and roll poet is still recording, Bruce Springsteen. I haven't heard his recent stuff, it has gotten good reviews.

I agree! OHHHHH you hit another love of mine Bluz....

It took me awhile to warm up to this guy and his music. I wasn't a fan of him until I dated an ex-girlfriend of mine in the mid 1980's. She was a big fan of his music and got me interested in him. I really believed she was the "one" for me. I really loved this woman. Unfortunately we broke up after about 4 years together. This put me in a tailspin for years afterward. But at least I have many fond memories of our time together.

I agree! OHHHHH you hit another love of mine Bluz....

It took me awhile to warm up to this guy and his music. I wasn't a fan of him until I dated an ex-girlfriend of mine in the mid 1980's. She was a big fan of his music and got me interested in him. I really believed she was the "one" for me. I really loved this woman. Unfortunately we broke up after about 4 years together. This put me in a tailspin for years afterward. But at least I have many fond memories of our time together.

He hit me later also...when I was more worldly maybe, and I don't know - it just stuck. :)

Forum List

Back