What are you listening to?

"Walking in Memphis" as preformed by my soul brother. I can almost feel the humid air, and the rain. But this boy can sing, boy howdy.

Here's one to watch. From South Africa, Alice Phoebe Lou "She"
Very original indeed.

So I have had a few months away from this thread that I begin two years and seven months ago, it still is going strong, excellent. Also thank you for everyone continuing to post in it :smoke:

Pogo ogo are you aware of Dave Evans, yes? No?

Dave Evans "Grey Lady Morning" from the album "The Words In Between" released in 1971 on The Village Thing Records.

Very original indeed.

So I have had a few months away from this thread that I begin two years and seven months ago, it still is going strong, excellent. Also thank you for everyone continuing to post in it :smoke:

Dave Evans "Grey Lady Morning" from the album "The Words In Between" released in 1971 on The Village Thing Records.

Actually no Oosie, Danke sehr, very impressive. :thup:
Gonna look up more of his stuff.

This is the Dave Evans I'm more familiar with...

He passed away last year :(

My record database site returns twenty different artists named "Dave Evans". :eek:

Very original indeed.

Cecil Taylor "Tales (8 Whisps)" from the album "Unit Structures" released in 1966 on Blue Note Records.

Well Oosie I haven't been here much either but now I gots a new compfuser and a new browser and everything's way faster now so I gonna come here more often because this thread fuggin' ROCKS. :rock:

Very original indeed.

If you'll remember...
"Listening to my dogs snoring"

Now I'm listening to two new Dogs snoring.
And yapping and biting..,
My arms and feet look like they've been ran through a meat grinder!!!

Damn those Puppy teeth are SHARP!!!!

Very original indeed.

Cecil Taylor "Tales (8 Whisps)" from the album "Unit Structures" released in 1966 on Blue Note Records.

Krzysztof Komeda "Pushing The Car" from the Soundtrack EP "Cul-de-Sac" released in 1966 on Polydor Records. The below says the track is "Walk On The Water" this is incorrect, that is Track III on Side A of the EP, the below is "Pushing The Car" which is Track I on Side A of the EP.

"Cul-de-Sac" is my joint favourite Roman Polanski film (joint favourite with "Knife In The Water" made in 1962, "Repulsion" made in 1965 and "Rosemary's Baby" made in 1968) As a person Roman Polanski is a POS, but I can respect the Cinematic Art he created in the 1960s, I do also like his film version of "MacBeth" made in 1971 and also I like "Chinatown" made in 1974.

Here is the original trailer for "Cul-de-Sac"

Cul-de-sac (1966 film) - Wikipedia

"Cul-de-Sac" features Donald Pleasence and Françoise Dorléac who was the older sister of Catherine Deneuve, not as beautiful as her younger sister but she was the more superior actress. Françoise Dorléac died exactly one year after the release of "Cul-de-Sac" in June 1967 at the age of 25 years in age, she had an unfortunate and horrific death:

Françoise Dorléac - Wikipedia

Very original indeed.

Krzysztof Komeda "Pushing The Car" from the Soundtrack EP "Cul-de-Sac" released in 1966 on Polydor Records. The below says the track is "Walk On The Water" this is incorrect, that is Track III on Side A of the EP, the below is "Pushing The Car" which is Track I on Side A of the EP.

"Cul-de-Sac" is my joint favourite Roman Polanski film (joint favourite with "Knife In The Water" made in 1962, "Repulsion" made in 1965 and "Rosemary's Baby" made in 1968) As a person Roman Polanski is a POS, but I can respect the Cinematic Art he created in the 1960s, I do also like his film version of "MacBeth" made in 1971 and also I like "Chinatown" made in 1974.

"Cul-de-Sac" features Donald Pleasence and Françoise Dorléac who was the older sister of Catherine Deneuve, not as beautiful as her younger sister but she was the more superior actress. Françoise Dorléac died exactly one year after the release of "Cul-de-Sac" in June 1967 at the age of 25 years in age, she had an unfortunate and horrific death:

Jacques Brel "JoJo" from his final album "Brel" released in 1977 on Barclay Records.

Like the majority of the songs on his final album "JoJo" is about old friendship, dying and death. Jacques Brel knew he was dying when he recorded this sublime album, he would die of cancer less than a year after it was released, it is an exquisite record in a catalogue of exquisite records that Brel left behind.

Jacques Brel was an artistic genius, the term genius is used too liberally and often for those who are not even near genius but instead are just talented. Like with Sandy Denny songs 90% of Jacques Brel songs can reduce me to tears, they are that profound.

Harry Nilsson (1941-1994) was a veritable genius of songwriting while also possessed of a wide-ranging voice, also played several instruments. Born into abject poverty in Brooklyn, he left the home in his mid-teens when it became clear the family simply could not afford to feed everybody, and hitchhiked across the US to California looking for opportunity, or anything better than starvation. After somehow landing a job in a bank he managed to get some of his material screened by the then-popular teen TV group The Monkees, and when Davy Jones expressed an interest in recording one of Nilsson's songs he quit the bank job and the rest as they say is history, and he didn't go hungry after that.

For all Nilsson's inventive and original composition, Coconut is played entirely on a single guitar chord (C7). The video is an obvious not do Ernie Kovacs' Nairobi Trio tomfoolery from the 1950s,,,,

.... and then there's the autobiographical 1941 reflecting on life's familial patterns... this sounds like where the video above is about to go at the end...

Very original indeed.

Jacques Brel "JoJo" from his final album "Brel" released in 1977 on Barclay Records.

Like the majority of the songs on his final album "JoJo" is about old friendship, dying and death. Jacques Brel knew he was dying when he recorded this sublime album, he would die of cancer less than a year after it was released, it is an exquisite record in a catalogue of exquisite records that Brel left behind.

Jacques Brel was an artistic genius, the term genius is used too liberally and often for those who are not even near genius but instead are just talented. Like with Sandy Denny songs 90% of Jacques Brel songs can reduce me to tears, they are that profound.

I wore that record out Oosie :)

His most powerful for me is "Sur la place" .... the biting sarcasm in his voice on "comme une porte entre morts et vivants...."

Last edited:
Maria del Mar Bonet: Bir Demet Yasemen -- one of the better live versions I've seen....

Famous Turkish torch song sung in Catalonian...

Very original indeed.

Sandy Denny "The Quiet Land of Érin" a Home Demo recorded in November 1968, this is from the 19 CD "Sandy Denny" Box Set released in 2010 on Island Records. "The Quiet Land of Érin" is Track 24 on CD 12.

Pogo ogo you should purchase, I recommend. I have everything already on the box set, I only bought it because from the 19 CDs 2 CDs are of Home Demos and Unheard Songs and also the hard back book included is very excellent.

sandydennyboxset_5328695.jpg

sandy126.jpg

Forum List

Back