What are you grateful for this year?

Sky Dancer

Rookie
Jan 21, 2009
Happy home life. Warm and loving friends. Good health. Lovely home. Satsifying work that benefits myself and others. War in Iraq winding down. Presidential election in 2012.
Living in the USA with all the benefits and freedoms therein.

Feel free to add your own and I will add more as I think of them.

Grateful for the fact that I woke up on top of the grass, rather than under it.

Am also grateful that even though I'm 47 1/2, I can still ride a bicycle as many miles as I want or need to, that it's still in great shape, even though I've had it since '97.

But the thing I'm grateful for the most? A woman that I call Auntie Bull, who is my roommate and who is also the brightest blessing in my life that I've ever had. She teaches me things I don't know, is a great white board for ideas, and has a really dark sense of humor at times.

I'm also grateful for the fact that I am a son of HaShem, and what's even better, is I know and understand that.

• Banned
I'm grateful for you, dropping by with such a beautiful and sincere story, Rob.

• Banned
I'm grateful to be prosperous enough to support a family of six Tibetans in India.

• Banned
I'm grateful for a warm fire on a cold November day, a glass of merlot, and a quiet house, with the company of my wife, four cats and a dog.

I am grateful to still be alive. One doctor told my children I would not be by this time.

Grateful that liberalism is dying off one disillusioned uninformed hippie at a time.

Still above ground and sucking air.
"Life's a bitch, then you die, then they throw dirt in your face, then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in THAT order." Solomon Short (David Gerrold)

Just keeping things in proportion.

Grateful for life, for the beauty that I see every day. Grateful for the people around me that provide new ideas and insights into life. Grateful for what I have seen of this wonderful universe, knowing full that I will never be able to comprehend even a small portion of the wonder around me.

I'm grateful to all the people who stopped by to comment whether they connect with gratefulness or not.

I'm thankful you're all alive.

Forum List

Back