What and Who was Abraham before he was a Jew

Status
Not open for further replies.

theliq

Platinum Member
Jul 12, 2011
Australia,Mullaloo
This has been on my mind for some time,as the Torah and Bible state,G-D came down and told Abraham at the age of 48 to move from his land and become a Jew(The Original Convert as such)

So,what were his Parents...????Arabs,Egyptians or even Palestinians or Canaanites?????

Let's have an open and friendly discussion,without abuse for a change.All your thoughts are welcome with interest

steven

He was always a Jew, derp! Congratulations, nominated for self-owning thread of the year!

Last edited:
This has been on my mind for some time,as the Torah and Bible state,G-D came down and told Abraham at the age of 48 to move from his land and become a Jew(The Original Convert as such)

So,what were his Parents...????Arabs,Egyptians or even Palestinians or Canaanites?????

Abraham was never a Jew.

Jews are descendants of Judah, who was Abraham's great-grandson.

Abraham was never a Jew.

According to Judaism he's considered the first Jew.

Let's have an open and friendly discussion,without abuse for a change.All your thoughts are welcome with interest

steven

His parents were palestinians? lol. Next thing you're going to say is that Aram and Eve were Palestinians, too.

I think this question belongs to the religious board. And even if it belonged here, what relevance does it have to today's conflict.

steven

Before he was just called Je

Abraham was never a Jew.

According to Judaism he's considered the first Jew.

Yes Abraham our father kept all the commandments, even before the Torah was given to his grandkids.

How about this amuzing little fact that according to chronology, Abraham our father was born in the year 1948 from Adam?

steven

He was Meow Kitten, then he/she thought balls were growing and changed name to Matthew then became totally confused.

Your guess is as good as mine.

steven

According to the lore Abraham is the father that help produce those that created the tribes that created the Abrahmic Religions.

What was he?

He was from the Sumer region ( Ur ) which would have made him Sumerian which is part of Iraq today.

There's of course a long scholar debate wheather Ur in today's Iraq is the Ur Kasdim.

I'd bet on close Kurdish ties. Kurdim and Ur-Kasdim...

But that is a totally silly narrative to use in regards to the Patriarch of so many nations.

steven

According to the lore Abraham is the father that help produce those that created the tribes that created the Abrahmic Religions.

What was he?

He was from the Sumer region ( Ur ) which would have made him Sumerian which is part of Iraq today.
Thanks for that Bruce....which is a change from your usual STFU...LOL...steve

There's of course a long scholar debate wheather Ur in today's Iraq is the Ur Kasdim.

I'd bet on close Kurdish ties. Kurdim and Ur-Kasdim...

But that is a totally silly narrative to use in regards to the Patriarch of so many nations.
Not that silly rylah...it is an interesting question,thanks for your input...steve

steven

His parents were palestinians? lol. Next thing you're going to say is that Aram and Eve were Palestinians, too.

I think this question belongs to the religious board. And even if it belonged here, what relevance does it have to today's conflict.
Palestinian I think not,but it does have relevance today Lips.steve

What's more relevant about the story of Abraham, is that he was buried by both Ishmael AND Itzhak, which shows that the two brothers managed to reconcile.
It's even said that although Ishmael was the oldest son, he learned to respected Itzhak and the will of their father in regards to Itzhak - during the burial Ishmael let him go first.

However the enmity didn't stop there...Ishmael and Esau built an even stronger alliance against Israel, after Abraham our father passed away.
Sarah our mother was right spot on, nevertheless Abraham our father never abandoned Ishmael.

Wow, the quasi jews here must be crazy and their religious nutbagery has gone up a few levels.

There is as much proof that Abraham was real as there is for the first temple... bottom line.

Louie we're talking about a different thing here.
Abraham is the patriarch of the Jews and other 12 Arab kingdoms.

The Machpelah Cave in Hebron is where Abraham buried Sarah, and where his 2 sons Ismael and Itzhak buried Abraham later.
All our ancestor except for Rachel were buried there. The cave was bought by Abraham our father, as the Temple Mount was bought by King David.

When dealing with heritage, one has to show at least a minimal degree of respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back