what Americans really think of congress

• Banned
solid majority says it's good for the country that the Democratic Party is in control of Congress. Even though they're doing a lousy job? Yes.

People think, OK, the Democrats aren't so great. But the Republicans are worse.

Just a bare majority of Americans now holds a favorable opinion of the Democratic Party (51 percent). But only 36 percent like the Republicans. That's the Republican Party's second-lowest rating in 15 years. Only in December 1998, when the Republican Congress voted to impeach President Clinton, were Republicans held in lower regard.

Bill Schneider

http://tinyurl.com/343c4g

Yup a blazing 36 percent to 30 percent with a plus or minus 3 percent per Maineman's last poll.

THAT is a RINGING endorsement for the Dems. And according to RSR's poll Reid is less liked then Cheney....

• Banned
They would rather have the congress in Dem hands then R hands.

They are mad at the Dems for Not Ending the war.

The dems have been fought at every turn by the rs.

What is going to happen when they eek out enough R votes to end the war?

You do understand that RSR has shown that he has ZERO ability to understand a poll, right?

Here hotshot

Harry Reid’s Favorables Fall to 19%
Saturday, June 09, 2007
Advertisment
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is now viewed favorably by 19% of American voters and unfavorably by 45%. Just 3% have a Very Favorable opinion while 22% hold a Very Unfavorable views.

Reid has been very visible over the past week in the furor over immigration reform. The effort to pass a bill that was more popular in Congress than among voters may have hurt public perceptions of the Democratic leader. His ratings are down from a month ago when 26% had a favorable opinion of the Democratic Senator. Reid’s highest ratings were 30% favorable in February.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/harry_reid_s_favorables_fall_to_19

How do you like your crow? Rare, medimum, or well done?

In the same poll, VP Cheney is at 38%

Please show us who exactly was polled, and their political affilliations, and that they were independently verified.

Otherwise, who cares? Polls reflect the agenda of the pollsters. It's like you guys will use anything, regardless it's validity or lack thereof, just as long as it validates your beliefs.

Simple fact: the majority of US voters are NOT Democrats, so any poll that says a majority of Americans prefer a Dem Congress to a Republican Congress is crap.

Here hotshot

Harry Reid’s Favorables Fall to 19%
Saturday, June 09, 2007
Advertisment
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is now viewed favorably by 19% of American voters and unfavorably by 45%. Just 3% have a Very Favorable opinion while 22% hold a Very Unfavorable views.

Reid has been very visible over the past week in the furor over immigration reform. The effort to pass a bill that was more popular in Congress than among voters may have hurt public perceptions of the Democratic leader. His ratings are down from a month ago when 26% had a favorable opinion of the Democratic Senator. Reid’s highest ratings were 30% favorable in February.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/harry_reid_s_favorables_fall_to_19

How do you like your crow? Rare, medimum, or well done?

In the same poll, VP Cheney is at 38%

odd.... here is the page from Rasmussen with the latest congressional favorability ratings.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/favorables/favorables_for_u_s_congress

The republican SENATE leader, is at the same exact rating as the senate DEMOCRATIC leader. The republican HOUSE leader has is five points LOWER than that and the second lowest favorability rating of ANY of the congressional figures that polling was done on... and the Speaker of the House has the HIGHEST favorability rating of any of the congressional figures listed.

hmmmmm.

Rasmussen is a pretty reliable poll, eh RSR?

odd.... here is the page from Rasmussen with the latest congressional favorability ratings.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/favorables/favorables_for_u_s_congress

The republican SENATE leader, is at the same exact rating as the senate DEMOCRATIC leader. The republican HOUSE leader has is five points LOWER than that and the second lowest favorability rating of ANY of the congressional figures that polling was done on... and the Speaker of the House has the HIGHEST favorability rating of any of the congressional figures listed.

hmmmmm.

Rasmussen is a pretty reliable poll, eh RSR?
I'm not going into the ins and outs of polling. In any case, do you think there is good news for either party here? To my way of reckoning, our country is in trouble. Do you disagree?

I'm not going into the ins and outs of polling. In any case, do you think there is good news for either party here? To my way of reckoning, our country is in trouble. Do you disagree?

I do not disagree one bit.

Divided government at a time of crisis is not good for either side.

Simple fact: the majority of US voters are NOT Democrats, so any poll that says a majority of Americans prefer a Dem Congress to a Republican Congress is crap.

Incorrect.

If only there was an American political party that unwaveringly reflected these views, as a matter of bone-deep identity. You might think it would do pretty well. Which leads to the aspect of the Pew study that got the most ink: "Political Landscape More Favorable to Democrats," as the subtitle put it. When you compare Americans who either identify themselves as Democrats or say they lean toward the Democrats with Republicans and Republican leaners, our side[democrats] wins by fifteen points, 50 percent to 35, the most by far in twenty years. As recently as 2002 it was a tie, 43 to 43.

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20070709/perlstein

a significantly growing slice of the American electorate is unaffiliated and does not register as either democrat or republican. A poll that shows that a majority of Americans prefer a democratic congress can very well be an indication of just how profoundly disillusioned that slice is with this president and his party. It can hardly be dismissed as "crap" out of hand.

a significantly growing slice of the American electorate is unaffiliated and does not register as either democrat or republican. A poll that shows that a majority of Americans prefer a democratic congress can very well be an indication of just how profoundly disillusioned that slice is with this president and his party. It can hardly be dismissed as "crap" out of hand.

I think that the public is practically moderate. The 2000 presidential election was very close.

1. There are some people in the far left and some people on the far right.

2. There are more Democrats and more Republicans.

3. Closer to the center, there are more moderate Democrats and more moderate Republicans.

4. Then you have a large group of moderates. These people could almost flip a coin – they are so undecided. For them, the good and bad of each party seem to equal each outer out. This is where I think that I fall. Some days I feel like a Republican and some days I feel like a Democrat.

5. Finally, there is a large chunk of people who just don’t care.

I hardly see how this refutes my statement. Conservatives agreeing with specific supposed Democrat ideas and/or not agreeing with specific supposed GOP issues is hardly an indicator of who is what.

I don't agree with a few of the President's policies/decisions, but doesn't mean I'll vote for either Hillary or Obama. The GOP could run a cadaver and I'd vote for it before either of those two.

Forum List

Back