What Americans really think about unions...

They are not representing their constituents. They are not even at work. How many public service union members do you think make up their constituent base? A very small percentage. Here in Indana other laws are being dropped that have nothing to do with public unions because of mandated time limitations. People have short memories but it will be interesting to see in the next election who gets kicked out of office.

They did the only thing they could to represent their constituients.

They held back a vote that was SHOVING DOWN THE THROATS of the people a law that the majority of the people dont agree with.

Walker was not elected to do what ever he wanted.

He did not WIN the ownership of the state.

He won the right to represent his constituients.

He is going agains their wishes.

But Obama was.

But Obama won the ownership of the country.

And the real kicker is this:

Because we all know that when it comes to Health Care Reform your reply to those constituents who are opposed to it is, "We don't give a shit what you think, we won, you lost, STFU."

Immie

Nope I will never STFU.

You see that is not the way this government is designed

They did the only thing they could to represent their constituients.

They held back a vote that was SHOVING DOWN THE THROATS of the people a law that the majority of the people dont agree with.

Walker was not elected to do what ever he wanted.

He won the right to represent his constituients.

But Obama was.

But Obama won the ownership of the country.

And the real kicker is this:

Because we all know that when it comes to Health Care Reform your reply to those constituents who are opposed to it is, "We don't give a shit what you think, we won, you lost, STFU."

Immie

Nope I will never STFU.

You see that is not the way this government is designed

Can you read? Do you understand what the quote mark means?

I wrote that you would say, "We don't give a shit what you think, we won, you lost, STFU." Comprende?

Immie

Who are the cowards SHOVING DOWN THE PEOPLES THROATS legislation that the majority of the people are against?

Gee TDM. I don't remember you saying that when the Dems and OL'BO were shoving that clusterfuck of a HC bill down the throats of the American People??

The Union certainly isn't the majority in WI and thats all these fleebagers seem to think matter. They certainly don't seem to concerned about the majority of the taxpayers in WI who are footing the bills.

Last edited:
Looking at the poll numbers it appears the Republicans who are trying to railroad an unpopular bill will pay a higher political price than the Democrats sitting out of state.

Nobody will pay a higher political price than Scott Walker

Well RW I don't think I agree with you on that one.

I think that if Gov Walker gets what he wants and things improve in WI he will not only be re-elected but it will be in a landslide.

If not. Then another Dem will be in power and the status quo will be in full swing once again

I think the Dems are the big losers here. I think the lost the second they decided to boogey their way into ILL and not stand to defend their POV. I would say the same if the Reps had done the same thing. You can't defend when your not around to defend and if you don't have the guts to do that then you shouldn't be in any elected office.

Just sayin.

Gov Walker is front and center on the issue and the protests are against him. His unwillingness to even talk to the protestors and consider any compromise will be held against him.

He has taken sides against the working men and women of Wisconsin and there will be a political price to pay

Who are the cowards SHOVING DOWN THE PEOPLES THROATS legislation that the majority of the people are against?

Gee TDM. I don't remember you saying that when the Dems and OL'BO were shoving that clusterfuck of a HC bill down the throats of the American People??

The Union certainly isn't the majority in WI and thats all these fleebagers seem to think matter. They certainly don't seem to concerned about the majority of the taxpayers in WI who are footing the bills.

Now you are getting it.

How many months was the HC bill discussed?

How long was this G walker bill discussed?

The difference between private and public service unions are that if the private unions wages and benefits become too much of a burden the company goes out of business. In public service the business cannot do that but must continue to do its job, therefore raising taxes to pay for the higher wages and benefits.

It is because of this one critical factor that I do not think public service jobs should be unionized. Yes they cannot strike but they do have job slowdowns, blue flu and various other avenues to influence the powers that be to approve their agenda.

Yes. How DARE they want to keep up with the COL. :eek:

Our local city government recently paid out more than $500,000 for snow revoval efforts. I guess the snowplow drivers should not have been paid overtime since it cost more in taxes.

Looking at the poll numbers it appears the Republicans who are trying to railroad an unpopular bill will pay a higher political price than the Democrats sitting out of state.

Nobody will pay a higher political price than Scott Walker

I think that if Gov Walker gets what he wants and things improve in WI he will not only be re-elected but it will be in a landslide.

If not. Then another Dem will be in power and the status quo will be in full swing once again

I think the Dems are the big losers here. I think the lost the second they decided to boogey their way into ILL and not stand to defend their POV. I would say the same if the Reps had done the same thing. You can't defend when your not around to defend and if you don't have the guts to do that then you shouldn't be in any elected office.

Just sayin.

Gov Walker is front and center on the issue and the protests are against him. His unwillingness to even talk to the protestors and consider any compromise will be held against him.

He has taken sides against the working men and women of Wisconsin and there will be a political price to pay

Kinda hard to talk to a bunch of screaming protesters. Also kinda hard to negotiate with the other half of the debate team when they hit the road and aren't available for comment.

I think he's taken the side of the taxpayers in his State.

AS I said. If he gets what he wants and the State recovers then he will be re-elected and the voters won't give a rats ass about the Union or thier collective bargaining "rights."

If not then he will be booted out of office.

Im sure we will always support union in the USA until they ...

A service station near Place de la Madeleine in central Paris had been Daniel Dayan’s last hope.

“It’s a nightmare,” the lawyer said, as he drove past the emptied diesel pump, resigned to taking a taxi to the airport.

For Dayan and countless other French people, the strikes and protests against President Nicolas Sarkozy’s plan to raise the country’s minimum retirement age to 62 from 60 have meant serpentine lines at gas stations.

Unlike in the 1990s when strikes paralyzed France, a limited impact from efforts to disrupt trains, planes and schools has led unions to strategically focus their attention on oil and gas supplies to get the attention of the government.

France’s 11 active refineries remain on strike and about 40 percent of the country’s 12,000 service stations have run out of some oil products. Striking port workers are blocking crude imports while oil industry union members are barricading some of the country’s 213 fuel depots, crippling distribution networks and leading to shortages as vehicle owners stock up.

The labor action, led by the Confederation Generale du Travail, the biggest union among refinery, port, gas and power workers, has prompted police to break up barricades at fuel depots. Sarkozy today called for the removal of blockades at all fuel depots in the country. The government is ordering workers back on the job at the Grandpuits refinery near Paris.

Dry Gas Pumps Become Strategic Focus for French Unions - Bloomberg

Until

French Transport Unions Strike To Fight Attack On Pension Retirement Age Increase to 62

Submitted by solidarity on Tue, 2010-10-12 17:05. France | General Strikes | Public Transit | Texts | Workers' Defense
French Transport Unions Strike To Fight Attack On Pension Retirement Age Increase to 62

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/13/world/europe/13france.html?_r=1&hp
French Strikes Disrupt Travel

Robert Pratta/Reuters
School students joined workers in a protest in Lyon on Tuesday.
By MATTHEW SALTMARSH
Published: October 12, 2010

PARIS — The confrontation between the French government and unions over plans to reform the pension system intensified on Tuesday as transport and energy workers, teachers and civil servants went on strike across the country.
Jean-Paul Pelissier/Reuters
Steel workers demonstrated over pension reforms in Marseille on Tuesday.
Unions in some sectors — including transport, ports and power — have toughened their stance, threatening to prolong the strikes. They have given local chapters the authority to decide on a daily basis whether to renew the action. Unions have also called another day of demonstrations on Saturday.

On Tuesday, according to the national train operator S.N.C.F, intercity trains to Paris were running at only one-third of normal frequency, while rural services were more seriously disrupted.

The service was normal on the Eurostar trains to London, and trains to Belgium and Germany were running at two-thirds of normal schedules.

The RER commuter trains into Paris were running at under 50 percent, while there were also disruptions on the Paris subway and bus system.

Now you are getting it.

How many months was the HC bill discussed?

How long was this G walker bill discussed?

He's only been in office since Jan you idiot.

Its kinda hard to discuss any topic with the other half when they hit the road and aren't around to discuss anything.

Jeeze. Grow a brain idiot.

Until

Submitted by solidarity on Tue, 2010-10-12 17:05. France | General Strikes | Public Transit | Texts | Workers' Defense

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/13/world/europe/13france.html?_r=1&hp
French Strikes Disrupt Travel

Robert Pratta/Reuters
School students joined workers in a protest in Lyon on Tuesday.
By MATTHEW SALTMARSH
Published: October 12, 2010

PARIS — The confrontation between the French government and unions over plans to reform the pension system intensified on Tuesday as transport and energy workers, teachers and civil servants went on strike across the country.
Jean-Paul Pelissier/Reuters
Steel workers demonstrated over pension reforms in Marseille on Tuesday.
Unions in some sectors — including transport, ports and power — have toughened their stance, threatening to prolong the strikes. They have given local chapters the authority to decide on a daily basis whether to renew the action. Unions have also called another day of demonstrations on Saturday.

On Tuesday, according to the national train operator S.N.C.F, intercity trains to Paris were running at only one-third of normal frequency, while rural services were more seriously disrupted.

The service was normal on the Eurostar trains to London, and trains to Belgium and Germany were running at two-thirds of normal schedules.

The RER commuter trains into Paris were running at under 50 percent, while there were also disruptions on the Paris subway and bus system.

Unions and the Nanny Country.

A match made in heaven.

Wonder what happens where there is no more money???

Poll: Government Workers Should Pay More For Benefits
By a margin of 63 percent to 31 percent, Americans think that government workers should pay more for their benefits and retirement programs, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday morning.

Meanwhile, 42 percent say pay for government workers is too much, 35 percent say it's "about right," while 15 percent say it's too low, the poll found.

Just sayin.

Kinda hard to talk to a bunch of screaming protesters. Also kinda hard to negotiate with the other half of the debate team when they hit the road and aren't available for comment.

AS I said. If he gets what he wants and the State recovers then he will be re-elected and the voters won't give a rats ass about the Union or thier collective bargaining "rights."

All he has to do is sit down with representatives of the protestors. Compromise is the way things get done in politics. We have seen the result of his bullheaded stand and he is paying a political price

If you are taking away their collective bargaining rights you should be able to offer up some concrete worker protections to replace them.

"I want to hold all the cards the next time we negotiate" is not one of them

All he has to do is sit down with representatives of the protestors. Compromise is the way things get done in politics. We have seen the result of his bullheaded stand and he is paying a political price

If you are taking away their collective bargaining rights you should be able to offer up some concrete worker protections to replace them.

When did Obama compromise? Oh yea... that was November '10. :lol::lol: Please do not insult the intelligence of the right wing. Despite what the HuffPuff would have you believe, we are not stupid people.

You should listen to the Gov. I believe I heard him say the public employees were protected by the civil service laws of Wisconsin.

I'd say that since over 80% of Amercans DO NOT belong to unions, and that number is increasing, that's all you need to know.

I'm quite certain they are very well protected by civil service rules. Then again, this is all about money....

Last edited:

You should listen to the Gov. I believe I heard him say the public employees were protected by the civil service laws of Wisconsin.

These nitwits somehow think that without unions they'd all be shackled to the radiator and forced to work 20 hour days on nothing but gruel and water.

It's one long Charles Dickens novel to them...

When did Obama compromise? Oh yea... that was November '10. :lol::lol: Please do not insult the intelligence of the right wing. Despite what the HuffPuff would have you believe, we are not stupid people.

Stimulus Plan- Compromised on including tax cuts
Healthcare plan- Compromised on Single Payer and Government Option
DADT- Compromised on allowing the services more time to evaluate the impact
Bush Tax Cuts- Compromised on allowing tax cuts for millionaires

Last edited:

Forum List

Back