What a Republican would like to hear from Republicans

l_0ff69247fa5f4572921a90d3d04ab759.jpg

"The unity of government...is a main pillar in the edifice of your real independence...of your tranquility at home, your peace abroad; of your safety; of your prosperity; of that very liberty which you so highly prize." George Washington

Simply put, while people disagree on matters of policy, the person that pervails will be sworn in as President of the United States, and not President of Those who voted for him. With that said, no one has to respect the person that sits in the oval office on a personal level if they disagree with him and his policies, however, that person is the outward representation of our 200 year plus traditions and will be the President of the United States and at the very least the office itself should garner respect. IMHO if Barack Obama whoudl prevail, then he would be no less my President than any others and no less a President that the 43 men that came before him and will have my utmost respect and good wishes. So no matter who that is, I wish them godspeed and that they always keep in mind that the American people are their first, best priority.

Thats all I'm asking for. Great post as usual.

okay fair enough, and did the libwals respond appropriately? She wondered?

Probably not. It has been 8 years of Bush sucks. Just as teh previous eight were Clinton sucks. I'm not saying we can't criticize him. Hell I'll probably be the first to do so. But, if he wins. He will The President of the United States of America. Not the President of the Un-American States. He will be my President, just as he will be yours.

Probably not. It has been 8 years of Bush sucks. Just as teh previous eight were Clinton sucks. I'm not saying we can't criticize him. Hell I'll probably be the first to do so. But, if he wins. He will The President of the United States of America. Not the President of the Un-American States. He will be my President, just as he will be yours.

Well sorry buddy. I can't buy it. I cannot just toss the hatred over my shoulder as if it never happened. The cries of racisim, the cries of bigotry, the brutal attacks on Palin and her family for no fucking reason. I guess I'm like that old Republican elephant I have a long long memory and the Democrats have been just downright ugly people for the last eight years and up to and including this election. They basically took their hatred of Bush and transferred it to McCain/Palin. The medi is corrupt to boot. They have an unabiding pathological hatred of Fox news. Nope no way no how can I support people like that being in power.

I guarantee also the attacks on Palin don't stop after today, the dems will want to destroy her because they dont want her coming back in 2012

I'm just clarifying something. I know we've talked about this before.

Just curious though? Who is the last Democrat you voted for?

Hillary. Before that, Kerry. McCain would have been my first Republican vote, until he supported the bailout. My vote went to Barr.

He's got 4 years to make it work, because otherwise, the independents and undecided's who went Obama today are going to vote his ass right out of there in 2012.

He's got hope on his side this election. He most likely won't have that advantage again come 2012. If he doesn't come through, he's outta there.

Still defending Bush?

Still? I've never defended Bush. I wasn't even taking up for Bush, I was just pointing out that Bush did not get a free pass for six years, as Robert stated. Bush as been under scrutiny for years: I was one of the first to start it (before he was even elected).

Elections began three years into his term, and he was catching hell then. :cuckoo:

Touche, he was catching hell in 2006 during those elections. But not much from Republicans like now.

I have gone back to the archives on this board. Alot of the people who supported President Bush then are many of the same ones throwing him overboard now while supporting McCain.

It's like what Palin said the other day:

"We've had a failed energy policy for the past thirty years."

Jimmy Carter had the right idea.

http://www.jimmycarterlibrary.org/newsreleases/2007/07-18.pdf

He was the one who put solar panels on the White House. Reagan took them off.

Not exactly sure about Clinton but it was her fellow Republicans who have had a failed energy policy for the past thirty years.

Well sorry buddy. I can't buy it. I cannot just toss the hatred over my shoulder as if it never happened. The cries of racisim, the cries of bigotry, the brutal attacks on Palin and her family for no fucking reason. I guess I'm like that old Republican elephant I have a long long memory and the Democrats have been just downright ugly people for the last eight years and up to and including this election. They basically took their hatred of Bush and transferred it to McCain/Palin. The medi is corrupt to boot. They have an unabiding pathological hatred of Fox news. Nope no way no how can I support people like that being in power.

Then that is your cross to bear. Hopefully the GOP leaves your ass behind as we move forward.

I guarantee also the attacks on Palin don't stop after today, the dems will want to destroy her because they dont want her coming back in 2012

hell they hung the woman in effegy and didn't have a problem with it. those were some of the most vile attacks on a politician I have ever seen. having her raped, hung, shit no way I want these people in power.

Then that is your cross to bear. Hopefully the GOP leaves your ass behind as we move forward.

I'll bear it. thanks. not accepting hatred is my cross to bear. and I'm going independent just as soon as this election is over. thanks very much. You support hatred I cannot help you.

He's not asking for your blind support. He's asking for you to show respect to the office of the presidency and Obama for his accomplishments.

Atleast I think so.

Can you Republicans for the most part do that much?

You can respect the office or the position without respecting the person in that office or position

I, for one, will show no support for Obama unless he radically changes his stance away from the far left and stops being beholden to the far left

I'll bear it. thanks. not accepting hatred is my cross to bear. and I'm going independent just as soon as this election is over. thanks very much. You support hatred I cannot help you.

I don't support, just willing to try and heal it. The right has just as much hatred as the left. No one is clean right now. No one has the high ground.

I don't support, just willing to try and heal it. The right has just as much hatred as the left. No one is clean right now. No one has the high ground.

sir, I respectfully diagree. I see no web sites that even come close to the hate displayed at DU, KOS and MoveON not to mention Huffington Post. And all the major candidates begged at the alter of KOS for support. Unforgivable.

sir, I respectfully diagree. I see no web sites that even come close to the hate displayed at DU, KOS and MoveON not to mention Huffington Post. And all the major candidates begged at the alter of KOS for support. Unforgivable.

I'll get my wife to pray for you.

Forum List

Back