Whale Wars

Netherlands should send some warships, as should Australia and New Zealand.

Yes, and they should coordinate their attacks to send those idiotic eco-terrorists to the bottom of the sea where they belong. If you think the governments of any of those countries wouldn't be more satisfied without those irresponsible, media-whore fools on the Sea Shepard and their like, you're even more of an idiot than I took you for.

Good eating.

If you like loading yourself up with mercury, and all that entails.

That's the justice of it all.

Enjoy your vegan diet, weakling.

1623761_474591135980909_1062796755_n.jpg

Japanasty.

Japanice would sell its whaling fleet and give the proceeds to its tsunami/quake victims for reconstruction of their homes and cities etc.

Nope.

They'll keep killing until they are gone and rw idiots will find a way to blame someone else for it.

Netherlands should send some warships, as should Australia and New Zealand.

Yes, and they should coordinate their attacks to send those idiotic eco-terrorists to the bottom of the sea where they belong. If you think the governments of any of those countries wouldn't be more satisfied without those irresponsible, media-whore fools on the Sea Shepard and their like, you're even more of an idiot than I took you for.

They won't, they love the whales and those fighting for them.

Those govts are servants of the People...and the People want the whaling stopped...that's why Australia took Japan to the International Court of Justice...pressure from the People.
Big waste of time though IMO, Japan just does whatever it likes, and other countries just lick its boots and bow down.
One day.................

Sea Shepherd ships return victorious!

Yo!

https://www.seashepherd.org.au/news...ictorious-return-for-sea-shepherd-fleet-1510

Sea Shepherd Australia is proud to welcome home the 110 strong international crew and three ships, the Steve Irwin, Sam Simon and Bob Barker. They have arrived into Williamstown, Melbourne this morning after a historic campaign defending whales in the Southern ocean.

Their return marks an end to the most successful campaign to date, with the Japanese whalers returning home with the lowest kill ever.

All three Sea Shepherd ships were damaged after being struck multiple times by the 8,000 ton Nisshin Maru. The Sea Shepherd crew have endured attacks by concussion grenades and hit with water cannons.
After all they have endured during their non-violent defence of whales, they return home knowing they will be recognized as heroes by Australians and supporters across the globe.

Indeed.
Long live the Sea Shepherd warriors! heroes all!

Idiotic, irresponsible fools all. All they have accomplished is endangering their own lives and (much more importantly) the lives of others with their reckless antics; begging for attention like overgrown children.

from another thread here;

Quote: Originally Posted by Mushroom
They are not hunting whales that are endangered (nor dolphins), so what is the big deal?

As I said, I have lived in Japan. And yes, I have eaten whale and dolphin. So what? I did not care much for the whale (to much fat), but that is their business.

And while I did agree when they forced most nations to use "dolphin safe nets", I actually agreed with the request from Japan to be exempt. For most nations dolphins were an accidental catch, to be thrown overboard as waste.

When Japanese fishers caught dolphins, it was just another source of food. It was never the killing of dolphins that bothered me at all, but the waste of most of those that were caught.

I no more put dolphins and whales on a sacred pedestal then I would a cow or a pig.
When they're killing my whales, in my whale sanctuary, it is my business.

We put dolphins and whales on a sacred pedestal...Japan tortures them to death.
So Japan can go get ......

We have 'whale watching' industries...Japan has whale/dolphin slaughtering/torturing to death industries.
We are entitled to hate Japan as a result.

Japan is cracking its neck to slaughter Migaloo, his family and friends...America is the only one stopping it.
Long live America!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To6XQSX2CCA"]Migaloo is back - YouTube[/ame]

I like to hunt and I'm a gun lover. I'm anything but a "tree hugger." However, I'm not a fan of whale or dolphin hunting (unless it's absolutely necessary for the survival of an Alaskan tribe or something like that). I don't put whales and dolphins on pedestals but I do recognize their intelligent nature and overall benefit to the world's oceans. If there was an over-abundance of them then I may embrace another viewpoint.

Yo!

https://www.seashepherd.org.au/news...ictorious-return-for-sea-shepherd-fleet-1510

Sea Shepherd Australia is proud to welcome home the 110 strong international crew and three ships, the Steve Irwin, Sam Simon and Bob Barker. They have arrived into Williamstown, Melbourne this morning after a historic campaign defending whales in the Southern ocean.

Their return marks an end to the most successful campaign to date, with the Japanese whalers returning home with the lowest kill ever.

All three Sea Shepherd ships were damaged after being struck multiple times by the 8,000 ton Nisshin Maru. The Sea Shepherd crew have endured attacks by concussion grenades and hit with water cannons.
After all they have endured during their non-violent defence of whales, they return home knowing they will be recognized as heroes by Australians and supporters across the globe.

Indeed.

I read this earlier and yes, very good news.

Ya gotta admire their courage and commitment while the keyboard cowards do nothing good for our planet.

I love it when the whaling ship plow over those stupid bastards. Cracks me up.

We live in hope that one day Sea Shepherd will have ships big enough to plow right back at the Japanese whaling ships.

Customs ship should be sent to disrupt Japanese whaling: Bob Brown

December 23, 2013

On Sunday Environment Minister Greg Hunt said instead an aircraft would be used from January to March to monitor whaling and any clashes between Japanese vessels and those of the Sea Shepherd.

Dr Brown said three Sea Shepherd vessels – the Bob Barker, the Steve Irwin and the Sam Simon – were currently on-route to intercept Japanese whaling boats, which he said was expected to take place before the end of the year.

Advertisement He said the government did not want to police a federal court decision in 2008 declaring the whaling to be in breach of Australian law.

''The last custom vessel was sent down by Kevin Rudd in 2007, and in 2008 the federal government court ruled the whaling was illegal and issued an injunction against it,'' Dr Brown said.

''We've seen the [whaling] vessels go south since then and successive governments don't want a policing vessel down there with its arms folded while a breach of the federal court injunction is occurring right in front of it.

#####

Could always buy some new warships, and send them to enforce Aiustralian law.
Weak politicians...one day we'll get some with steel spines.

Japanese authorities have complained about the actions of the Sea Shepherd organisation and have pursued them legally. As part of one legal action earlier this year a United States appeal court labelled the conservation group ''pirates''.

#####

Yes but good 'pirates'!

Anyway, now it's Sea Shepherd Australia...and the US court has no jurisdiction.

Yo!

Indeed.

I read this earlier and yes, very good news.

Ya gotta admire their courage and commitment while the keyboard cowards do nothing good for our planet.

Very courageous, ...it's a tough time down there, especially for the girls.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmg9HJPvFfg]Whale Wars season 5 episode 1 - YouTube[/ame]

from another thread here;

Quote: Originally Posted by Mushroom
They are not hunting whales that are endangered (nor dolphins), so what is the big deal?

As I said, I have lived in Japan. And yes, I have eaten whale and dolphin. So what? I did not care much for the whale (to much fat), but that is their business.

And while I did agree when they forced most nations to use "dolphin safe nets", I actually agreed with the request from Japan to be exempt. For most nations dolphins were an accidental catch, to be thrown overboard as waste.

When Japanese fishers caught dolphins, it was just another source of food. It was never the killing of dolphins that bothered me at all, but the waste of most of those that were caught.

I no more put dolphins and whales on a sacred pedestal then I would a cow or a pig.

When they're killing my whales, in my whale sanctuary, it is my business.

We put dolphins and whales on a sacred pedestal...Japan tortures them to death.
So Japan can go get ......

We have 'whale watching' industries...Japan has whale/dolphin slaughtering/torturing to death industries.
We are entitled to hate Japan as a result.

Japan is cracking its neck to slaughter Migaloo, his family and friends...America is the only one stopping it.
Long live America!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To6XQSX2CCA]Migaloo is back - YouTube[/ame]

Should strive never to hate an entire group or category of people. Not every Japanese citizen supports whaling, lumping them all together is just as wrong as condemning every Muslim for the actions of the minority.

Most Japanese citizens seem to support their govt's torturing to death of Australian whales, including the Humpbacks and Migaloo.
The fact that we don't see any massive protests by them against it confirms this fact.

All we see are pro-whaling protests and cheering send off ceremonies as their whaling fleet departs.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG1t8_CVYFg [/ame]

That'd be right...Japanese cops drag away a lone old guy Sea Shepherd supporter from outside Pete Bethune's trial in Tokyo...while Japanese pro-whaling supporters who were threatening him with violence are just allowed to stay.
And the media crew from NZ was attacked and forced away.
Typical Japan.

Brave man Gary, he stood against them alone, to show solidarity with Pete as he went on trial in the lion's den.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF0K9SFfpqQ [/ame]

Last edited:
The whale wars are over!

The International Court of Justice has ruled that Japan's slaughtering of whales was not for scientific purposes, and has banned the issuing of any more licences.

What's more important though is that Japan has agreed to abide by the court's ruling.

Yo! Whale watching prevailed!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1z6Sz9Z1UA [/ame]
.Whale Watching video guide, Hervey Bay Queensland Australia .

Japan’s annual Antarctic hunt is controversial because it technically invades Australian waters and catch Australian whales without the government's permission. The previous Labour government ended up siding with environmental activists who became famous through a TV programme called "Whale Wars" and whaling in general has become increasingly obsolete and illegitimate in recent years in the eyes of the TV audience. Japan could still run a smaller scientific programme in the northern Pacific, while abiding by the ICJ's ruling, and Australia's Sea Shepherd would not challenge Japan's indigenous whaling done in its own waters. The consumption of whale meat has dwindled over the last decade and more than 2,300 minke whales worth of meat is sitting in freezers. Japan should scale down its whaling operations dramatically without worrying about protecting jobs in the whaling industry and it no longer makes economic sense to catch more than 1,000 whales per annum due to low demand.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1jGTFiEnRPY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jGTFiEnRPY[/ame]

JAPAN says it is cancelling its annual Antarctic whaling hunt for the first time in more than a quarter of a century in line with a UN court ruling. A “deeply disappointed” Tokyo earlier this week said it would honour Tuesday’s judgment by the United Nations’ Hague-based International Court of Justice (ICJ) that the program was a commercial activity disguised as science. Tokyo, however, did not exclude the possibility of future whaling programs. Today, officials said the next Antarctic hunt, which would have started in late 2014, had been scrapped, just weeks after the most recent one finished. “We have decided to cancel research whaling (in the Antarctic) for the fiscal year starting in April because of the recent ruling,” a fisheries agency official said. But he added that “we plan to go ahead with research whaling in other areas as scheduled”, including the northern Pacific. Japan also has a coastal whaling program that is not covered by a commercial whaling ban.
Japan cancels annual Antarctic whaling hunt after UN court ruling | News.com.au

Last edited:

Forum List

Back