Whaddoyakno? Teen pregnancy is down

Hillary is running for president so bill has to keep it in his pants a little while
Quaint. Completely irrelevant to the topic, of course, but quaint.
I think it is wonderful news. How many young women have kids before they are ready? Cutting that number in half means cutting crime and poverty in half.

But watch and see in 2027 we are going to have a shortage of workers and then we're going to need more immigrants to feed the beast.

I wish we would downsize. There aren't too many people in nice neighborhoods but every poor neighborhood is overpopulated. More people than there are jobs. So imagine if that weren't the case? Imagine if every poor woman who has 4 kids only had 2. Or every poor woman with 2 only had 1. We'd be much better off

Careful...you're coming dangerously close to endorsing eugenics...

The CDC recently released a study about teen pregnancy, and it turns out we're heading in a positive direction:

14.png

According to the CDC, "From 2006-2014, the birth rate among Hispanic teens was cut in half, with the rate among non-Hispanic black teens down 44 %, thereby reducing the disparity between minority and white teen births."

It should be noted that the percentage of teens having sex has not decreased; just the frequency that sex is resulting in pregnancy. So, it looks like promoting contraception for teens might actually be a good thing.

Simple explanation: Scientific studies show that it is almost impossible to get pregnant by oral sex. Sex education in schools taught girls that opening the hole between their nose and chin is safer than opening the hole between their legs.
And to be sure, don't swallow!
Well, that's utter bullshjit, but thanks for sharing. The study makes a distinction between oral sex, and intercourse. The rate of intercourse has not changed, but the birth rate is dropping. How, exactly, does that have anything to do with oral sex?

Sarcasm and sense of humor humor (admittedly, somewhat lame), obviously, are not one of your strong qualities

Mkay. Who fucking cares?
Those of you on the right who are anti-abortion should. If, by promoting safe sex, we are lowering the teen pregnancy rate, wouldn't it also stand to reason that we are lowering the rate of teens seeking abortions?

One would think you would applaud the results of this study...
Promoting safe sex is great but its the parents job NOT politicians or schools and sex education should be abstinence based period! Not having sex until you are capable of taking care of a child is the best route.
You do know what happens when idealism meets reality, right.

Unfortunately, the best preventive measure against mistakes is knowledge and understanding.

Hell, telling kids how to make babies and the consequences of doing so is a bigger deterrent to unwanted pregnacies and sex( that is right, sex knowledge is a bigger deferent to sex than a f%ing promise to your parents/pastor!!) That I have to wonder if the religious are intentioning trying to grow their numbers through ignorance!!

"Do as I say and not as I do" is bankrupt policy for most humans.
You know what's funny? Personally I agree with waiting before having sex. I know it's "not realistic" but it IS the best suggestion.

My brother married a Greek woman who was a virgin. Her sister was a virgin. And I'm sure half of their friends were too. They were raised by strict Greek parents. And even if they did have sex, they made every effort to not get pregnant. So you will see unwanted pregnancies are very rare in the Greek community.

Chaldean women are raised this way too.

Once Greeks and Chaldeans are americanized we start sleeping with people in highschool and college and living with boyfriend's and girlfriends. Our americanized parents will have given up just like Americans have.

Why can't we put the genie back in the bottle?

And at least with the parents expectation of no sex if the girl sneaks and does it anyways shell make sure he wears a rubber

Hillary is running for president so bill has to keep it in his pants a little while
Quaint. Completely irrelevant to the topic, of course, but quaint.
I think it is wonderful news. How many young women have kids before they are ready? Cutting that number in half means cutting crime and poverty in half.

But watch and see in 2027 we are going to have a shortage of workers and then we're going to need more immigrants to feed the beast.

I wish we would downsize. There aren't too many people in nice neighborhoods but every poor neighborhood is overpopulated. More people than there are jobs. So imagine if that weren't the case? Imagine if every poor woman who has 4 kids only had 2. Or every poor woman with 2 only had 1. We'd be much better off

Careful...you're coming dangerously close to endorsing eugenics...
Nonsense. If through contraception a poor woman in the future has only 1 child instead of 4 I did not kill her other three kids that will never be.

Are you really defending the future life of a person that won't ever be conceived because of contraception? Because people like that exist. They're called catholics

The CDC recently released a study about teen pregnancy, and it turns out we're heading in a positive direction:

14.png

According to the CDC, "From 2006-2014, the birth rate among Hispanic teens was cut in half, with the rate among non-Hispanic black teens down 44 %, thereby reducing the disparity between minority and white teen births."

It should be noted that the percentage of teens having sex has not decreased; just the frequency that sex is resulting in pregnancy. So, it looks like promoting contraception for teens might actually be a good thing.

The problem is not Teen Pregnancy. The problem is illegitimacy.

A 19 year old married to the father of her child, who has a fucking JOB, is more likely to give birth to a person who will be a net contributor to society than a 25 year old single woman who doesn't know who nor is with the father(s) of any of her 3 children.
I'm not saying that you are incorrect, however, I would be curious to see the study on which you are basing that claim.

The problem with that question is that, by the time that the net was in place, that science on that was settled.

Now if you go looking for studies on the issue, the negative effects are assumed, and they focus on the rate of illegitimacy or compare rates of illegitimacy.

THe most you normally find is a off hand reference to the long known effects, before the article moves on to topics of research.

It is very much like you are asking me to document that water is wet. NO one is posting a study on that, and if there was one, it would be buried under studies about water conservation, water contamination, ect. ect ect.
Huh. Then I do question the science. After all, the science was "settled" on many things in the field of sociology, until it wasn't. Paradigms shift. Things change. Without current data, that statement cannot be verified.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Sorry, can't help you.

Most I can suggest is to keep your eyes open for a study and review it the moment you see it, because it will immediately be buried under the vast number of studies that assume the negative effects.

14.png

Simple explanation: Scientific studies show that it is almost impossible to get pregnant by oral sex. Sex education in schools taught girls that opening the hole between their nose and chin is safer than opening the hole between their legs.
And to be sure, don't swallow!
Well, that's utter bullshjit, but thanks for sharing. The study makes a distinction between oral sex, and intercourse. The rate of intercourse has not changed, but the birth rate is dropping. How, exactly, does that have anything to do with oral sex?

Sarcasm and sense of humor humor (admittedly, somewhat lame), obviously, are not one of your strong qualities
It has become, recently, rather difficult to tell the difference from those on the right, so, there is that...

Unmarried Teen pregnancy exploded.exponentially through the seventies, eighties and nineties as progressive aggressively marketed sex to children. The marketing goes on but in the.last twenty years or so the message of abstinence has again been reinjected.into the child sexualization propaganda.

But don't panic, pervs...stds among the younger set increases apace.

Abstinence never works, for those under 24...
Google highest teen pregnancy rates. You'll find the highest rates are in new Mexico, Mississippi, Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana & Oklahoma.

Remember Republicans mocked teaching sex Ed in school? Guess what they're going to start doing? A mad push to educate kids that having kids before they are ready is a sure fire way to end up in poverty. But will they continue to preach abstinence only or will they educate these mostly young white people about contraception.

Google highest teen pregnancy rates. You'll find the highest rates are in new Mexico, Mississippi, Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana & Oklahoma.

Remember Republicans mocked teaching sex Ed in school? Guess what they're going to start doing? A mad push to educate kids that having kids before they are ready is a sure fire way to end up in poverty. But will they continue to preach abstinence only or will they educate these mostly young white people about contraception.
Lots of negroes and mexicans.

And poor whites.

And poor whites.
Is there some racial breakdown for those states and pregnant teens?

Republicans hope to see a decline in unwed teen pregnancy as a result of personal responsibility and good decision-making.

Democrats hope to see a decline in all pregnancy as a result of killing the unborn.

Draw your conclusions accordingly.

And poor whites.
Is there some racial breakdown for those states and pregnant teens?
You tell me. You suggested it was negros and Mexicans. Why don't YOU provide the stats.

Interesting I think this illustrates that it's not just poor blacks dragging us down, but y'all in y'all red states don't mind poor people as long as they are white.

You can believe there's lots of poor white girls age 15-18 in America who are single moms on welfare. Look up those numbers too. Staggering

Republicans hope to see a decline in unwed teen pregnancy as a result of personal responsibility and good decision-making.

Democrats hope to see a decline in all pregnancy as a result of killing the unborn.

Draw your conclusions accordingly.

Nope. Liberals want you to know how to wear a condom, in your case, with your post, to suffocate you.

Ridiculous little pledges one makes at 14 doesn't resolve anything. Comprehensive sex education to include abstinence is the answer.

Telling your kids not to have sex seemed to work so well before 1960. I don't know why it won't work now.

Forum List

Back