WHAAAATTTT! Mexico Demands U.S. Allow More Immigration

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
y MARK STEVENSON
Associated Press Writer
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/01/10/D8f1LRCO5.html

MEXICO CITY

Diplomats from Mexico and Central America on Monday demanded guest worker programs and the legalization of undocumented migrants in the United States, while criticizing a U.S. proposal for tougher border enforcement.

Meeting in Mexico's capital, the regional officials pledged to do more to fight migrant trafficking, but indirectly condemned a U.S. bill that would make illegal entry a felony and extend border walls.

"Migrants, regardless of their migratory status, should not be treated like criminals," they said.

The countries represented at the meeting _ including Mexico, Nicaragua, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Belize and Panama _ created a working group to design a regional policy to avoid migrant abuse and to follow the course of the legislation.

"There has to be an integrated reform that includes a temporary worker program, but also the regularization of those people who are already living in receptor countries," Mexican Foreign Relations Secretary Luis Ernesto Derbez said.

Derbez has called the measure _ which passed the U.S. House of Representatives last month but still must go before the Senate _ "stupid and underhanded," but was somewhat more restrained on Monday, saying "it's not the Mexican government's position to tell the U.S. Senate what to do."

The U.S. proposal has caused widespread resentment in Mexico, where some have accused President Vicente Fox's administration of not being assertive enough in opposing it. Fox has called the bill shameful.

Mexicans working in the United States are a huge source of revenue for Mexico, sending home more than $16 billion in remittances in 2004, Mexico's second largest source of foreign currency after oil exports according to the country's central bank.

Fox's spokesman, Ruben Aguilar, defended the administration's record on Monday, telling reporters that migration has declined in recent years, though official figures show it remains at historically high levels.

Aguilar also said migrants "don't emigrate because they lack work, but rather for a series of other reasons, cultural reasons or better living conditions.

Why don't we counter with one armored division permanently stationed on our southern border, to deal specifically with the problem of illegal immigration?

dmp said:
I can't remember hearing of another Country so eager to have its citizens LEAVE.

It's a hell of a deal. The US takes care of them and they send all their money back to Mexico. I think it would be great if Americans left for Mexico and sent their money back here. Somehow I don't think Mexico would care for them while they were there.

In the words of Stewie Griffin, "Who the HELL do you think you are?"

Fox needs to shut his craphole and get used to the idea of his citizens having to stay where they are. It's our damn country and we've got enough problems without his jerkoffs crossing over and leeching off of our welfare programs without paying a dime in taxes. I say we should send him a bill for all the damage illegal immigration has caused.

well if they are demanding it lets just annex Mexico. Saves time and probably will save money in the long run and we wont have to worry about Vicente Fox and have alot shorter boarder to maintain.

OF course the most dangerous shooters in Mexico is MS13. The world famous Mexican Army pays them to play nice. So, likely, they will be contracted to back up these demands.

Didn't I read somewhere that Mexican soldiers shoot folks from either further south who cross illegally into Mexico?

this works for me......simple business deal

lets charge mexico 100k a person per year for a work permit

Forum List

Back