We've got Deer Like Rats In The Area

I am sorry my friend I am not sure what the title line means. Does it mean your deer look like rats? Or there are lots of deer? Either way how does that relate to the article?

We have Rats like Deer where I live

Near a river?

the bay

For some reason rats near water get huge. Never sure why.

You know, I've been looking into these articles...

Maybe I'm wrong, could you guys help me out here?

It seems that the anti-meat groups are a combination of lightweight animal rights groups mixed with corporate greed farm groups.

The anti-till crowd is corporate greed farm groups.

The first group is mostly made up of city dwelling schoolkids, and to a point they're right in some areas, but they don't know as much as they should.

The second group is dangerous, they want small family-owned farms to fail so they can buy them cheap at auction. Poor tilling will result in poor crops, you see.

So here's where I want you guys to help.

See if you can find credible, verifiable sources for the things they say, cause all I ever see are blogs and reports on internet "news" sites that I've never heard of before.

When you have lots of deer, you don't need to buy meat and therefore can get around the ban.

That said, this is not the only whacky proposal out there. Some people want to ban tilling the soil as well because it releases carbon when the soil's surface is pierced.
Unless you own the land you hunt on, you'll have to wait until deer season....I was always wondering why their was no deer wrestling season...

I have 3-5 in my yard multiple times a day a day but I would have to wait for bow season because I am in a city. I am not a fan of deer. I know lots of people with chickens though
There's about 30k chickens 1/2 mile down the road, smelly things....There are deer here but I don't hunt anymore, I'd have to walk to the back 40 and I just can't........They'd hear me groaning and moaning......

Plant a garden. They will gladly come to you ;)

Mulberry tree leaves as well, used to have one of those trees and sat around watching them stand on their hind leggs after they ate all the lower branches
You can use some of mine, I have 43 acres of mulberries, they took over since in the last decade the hardwoods were dying off due to boring beetles....

You know, I've been looking into these articles...

Maybe I'm wrong, could you guys help me out here?

It seems that the anti-meat groups are a combination of lightweight animal rights groups mixed with corporate greed farm groups.

The anti-till crowd is corporate greed farm groups.

The first group is mostly made up of city dwelling schoolkids, and to a point they're right in some areas, but they don't know as much as they should.

The second group is dangerous, they want small family-owned farms to fail so they can buy them cheap at auction. Poor tilling will result in poor crops, you see.

So here's where I want you guys to help.

See if you can find credible, verifiable sources for the things they say, cause all I ever see are blogs and reports on internet "news" sites that I've never heard of before.
They have developed a system for planting that does not involve tilling or discing the soil..They now plant between to old rows of crops...

Deer so tame that all one needs for have for harvest is 3 feet of piano wire and a couple of 4-5 inch pieces if 3/4 incg dowel. One of the side bennies of lining in a gated, gun-free enclave!

T'was fun for a while but better here where the game is bigger and we have to work at a little.

When you have lots of deer, you don't need to buy meat and therefore can get around the ban.

That said, this is not the only whacky proposal out there. Some people want to ban tilling the soil as well because it releases carbon when the soil's surface is pierced.
Next thing you know, they'll be proposing Soylent Green as the most ecologically safe food source.

Meanwhile, in several states, wild pigs are becoming a problem. They're very destructive to fields, fences and streams. They can become pregnant at 8 months, but usually not until 13 months. They can have 5-6 per littler and up to 1.5 litters per year. They are considered vermin in Texas and several other states meaning there is no season on them nor any limit. They are not considered a game animal, all of which must be harvested under penalty of law, so they can be shot and left to rot.

Frequently Asked Questions-Wild Pigs - Coping with Feral Hogs

I am sorry my friend I am not sure what the title line means. Does it mean your deer look like rats? Or there are lots of deer? Either way how does that relate to the article?

Hmmm, take away meat and produce, that sounds like a winning scenario.

BTW the government controls hunting and how many deer you can kill.

Next thing you know, they'll be proposing Soylent Green as the most ecologically safe food source.

Meanwhile, in several states, wild pigs are becoming a problem. They're very destructive to fields, fences and streams. They can become pregnant at 8 months, but usually not until 13 months. They can have 5-6 per littler and up to 1.5 litters per year. They are considered vermin in Texas and several other states meaning there is no season on them nor any limit. They are not considered a game animal, all of which must be harvested under penalty of law, so they can be shot and left to rot.

Frequently Asked Questions-Wild Pigs - Coping with Feral Hogs

And they're dangerous as hell! Aggressive, fast, tough...and on the road, it's like hitting a damned boulder!

I think this is a good move. People are consuming way too much meat as it. Taxing meat production would in turn raise prices of meat and people will eat less of it.

Meat consumption not only ruins the environment but it also ruins your health. Especially red meat.

Forum List

Back