West Point Cadet Uses Cell Phone During Graduation

my2¢

So it goes
May 14, 2010
Arizona's Maricopa County
Screen-Shot-2016-05-23-at-4.30.33-PM1.png

This one is all over the news tonight. I'm not a vet and so I don't see it as my place to offer any sort of uneducated view on the matter but I'd be satisfied reading opinions from those that served. Much like listening to views expressed at the American Legion and VFW when my dad took me there for a beer, fish or steak fry 30 years ago.

Link: West Point cadet draws outrage using phone at graduation march

Last edited:
Serious no no. I did color guard sometimes when i didnt have a basketball game and this is all kind of wrong.

After reading the article I do have to say that this is being blown way out of proportion. Nobody died. The people that are flipping out should get a life.

Last edited:
It's disrespectful. A dishonor to West Points standards of excellence. Deeper, there is a disappointing question; how can we trust this gal? She can't even put her phone down to represent her school, much less our nation...

I think she is destined for low level service...if she can't stop texting long enough to get through one of the biggest moments of her life - she OBVIOUSLY doesn't have what it takes.

This is what happens when the military was turned into a petridish for social justice. Women should never have been allowed to join the military academies. If this had been a male cadet, he would have been made an example and tossed out.

WTF??
There were SIXTEEN woman caught using cell phones during the march???!!
I'll say it - if this is any representation of women as officers in combat - then they shouldn't be there.

My husband, a West Point officer himself, just raged at this image. He's insulted by it, he thinks she should be demoted and thoroughly dressed down for it. (He had to run off to work so didn't get much more out other than that.)

People and their damn cell phones. What a dumb bunny.

HOLY SHIT!!!......they were not disciplined. Right there at the bottom of the article it says so.
What a sorry statement about the military as a whole...this is embarrassing and I am not a vet.

Wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen the pics.

"Lt. Bloomers! Get second platoon a half-klick down that ridgeline to cover our right flank! Now! Move it!!"

Bloomers texting: "LOL...too funny, gotta go...Capt. Chauvinist barking at me again...do this, do that, ugh!"

Obama appointed a queer to lead the Army what did we expect? Next year West Point cadets will be allowed to decorate their hats with glitter.

Forum List

Back