'We're so angry': Family of man who died in Toronto jail with guts hanging out for months awaiting trial speaks out

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
You Americans ever going to listen to me? Or doubt me? Is Canada some Midievil country? They just cancelled his surgery in Nov.2022, no reason given and let him lie in his cell with his insides bulging out. You believe the shills on here that they won't turn their head when I need help with a potential brain aneurysm? This is a country that shares your values? Are these YOUR values? https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/anthony-chatzimanolakis-toronto-south-death-1.6801326.
A long incision in his torso had begun to open and his intestinal tract was bulging out in two places," said Truscello. That information that was going to be presented at Chatzimanolakis's bail review, he said.

Truscello said the jail had scheduled Anthony for surgery on Nov. 3, 2022 at Sunnybrook Hospital, but the surgery was suddenly cancelled with no clear reason.

"He was told that the jail could not facilitate the procedure," Truscello said.

Last edited:
If you're going to depend on the government to give you health care ... you have to accept that government will make all the decisions.

If you want to make all of your own medical decisions, you have to pay for it.
The guy was in jail. I know you are smarter than that so why present an absurd ideological comparison? He was denied basic human care. Even if he had a billion dollars he wasn't leaving that prison.

You Americans ever going to listen to me? Or doubt me? Is Canada some Midievil country? They just cancelled his surgery in Nov.2022, no reason given and let him lie in his cell with his insides bulging out. You believe the shills on here that they won't turn their head when I need help with a potential brain aneurysm? This is a country that shares your values?

Save your breath. I just watched a press reporter in Canada get assaulted by a guy in a woman's wig as 30 cops stood by doing nothing until the attackee fought to defend himself, then the police there let the attacker go and told the victim it was his fault.

I know you are smarter than that so why presenr an absurd ideological comparison?
Who makes the ultimate decision of whether or not you receive medical care in Canada? You? or is it a collective decision by the hospital and the government with the government making the final decision. Also, how timely is the procedure carried out. I have it on very good authority that a person with a cardiac artery blockage in Canada will wait three months while an "insured" American will have it done in days. If you have socialized medicine, the care is inferior.

Who makes the ultimate decision of whether or not you receive medical care in Canada? You? or is it a collective decision by the hospital and the government with the government making the final decision. Also, how timely is the procedure carried out. I have it on very good authority that a person with a cardiac artery blockage in Canada will wait three months while an "insured" American will have it done in days. If you have socialized medicine, the care is inferior.
They cancelled his surgery for no reason. We don't take people on a stretcher in an ambulance and tell them "you have to wait two moinths for ER". This guy had a medical emergency. Wake up guys, this isn't how any socialized medicine systen works...they did this to him because we are a police state. The surgeon should be stripped of his license as well .

Save your breath. I just watched a press reporter in Canada get assaulted by a guy in a woman's wig as 30 cops stood by doing nothing until the attackee fought to defend himself, then the police there let the attacker go and told the victim it was his fault.
This is sad if true.

They cancelled his surgery for no reason. We don't take people on a stretcher in an ambulance and tell them "you have to wait two moinths for ER". This guy had a medical emergency. Wake up guys, this isn't how any socialized medicine systen works...they did this to him because we are a police state. The surgeon should be stripped of his license as well .
We empathize with you. Maybe you and Donald H and DG549 and Dragonlady ought to take it up with Turdeau and your reps. Maybe that would keep their noses out of domestic American issues that they have no stake in. Kind of like Americans having no stake or responsibility for Canada's self-inflicted problems.

You Americans ever going to listen to me? Or doubt me? Is Canada some Midievil country? They just cancelled his surgery in Nov.2022, no reason given and let him lie in his cell with his insides bulging out. You believe the shills on here that they won't turn their head when I need help with a potential brain aneurysm? This is a country that shares your values? Are these YOUR values? https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/anthony-chatzimanolakis-toronto-south-death-1.6801326.
A long incision in his torso had begun to open and his intestinal tract was bulging out in two places," said Truscello. That information that was going to be presented at Chatzimanolakis's bail review, he said.

Truscello said the jail had scheduled Anthony for surgery on Nov. 3, 2022 at Sunnybrook Hospital, but the surgery was suddenly cancelled with no clear reason.

"He was told that the jail could not facilitate the procedure," Truscello said.
That's a hernia, not Braveheart.

This is EXACTLY how socialized medicine works.
No it isn't. If I were sitting on my couch and had an Alien moment outside of my stomach I would recieve surgery. This guy was in prison that is why he is dead. This country is backwards, it is why the civi!ized world views us as barbarisns.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back