Went to the local jewelry store and he starts ragging on about the government, oh boy...

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Now he was funny at times and made me laugh with his dismay and weird names for everyone, I was trying to be respectful of his complaints but I'm thinking in my head "I've got my own struggles right now, the federal govt. isn't one of them".

He swore up a storm because he had to put X's on his carpet (for separation of customers), complained about the Big Box stores being open while he was forced to close (legit complaint really), than brought it all back to politics.

What was ironic in some ways is that he is blaming Trudeau, meanwhile the policies he had to obey were enforced by the PROVINCIAL govt, not the Feds.

You ever get into one of those situations where you are listening to guy go off, a small businessman in this case and you are trying to be polite by engaging in the discussion while at the same time trying to exit stage left? Funny but not so funny

Last edited:
What the hell?

Americans don't complain about the government? You new to this forum?

I'm just not good at being impolite. I used to be old school and just walk out and wave. Now I have become a good listener, even if I've heard it all before (on here or elsewhere).

He was funny though, I will give him that.

Americans don't complain about the government? You new to this forum?

I'm just not good at being impolite. I used to be old school and just walk out and wave. Now I have become a good listener, even if I've heard it all before (on here or elsewhere).

He was funny though, I will give him that.
You should get a real life.

You should get a real life.
How is that possible in this country? Please, advise me what you would do if you were me living in the last 30+ years of persecution?

You don't know what you don't know, understand?

Now he was funny at times and made me laugh with his dismay and weird names for everyone, I was trying to be respectful of his complaints but I'm thinking in my head "I've got my own struggles right now, the federal govt. isn't one of them".

He swore up a storm because he had to put X's on his carpet (for separation of customers), complained about the Big Box stores being open while he was forced to close (legit complaint really), than brought it all back to politics.

What was ironic in some ways is that he is blaming Trudeau, meanwhile the policies he had to obey were enforced by the PROVINCIAL govt, not the Feds.

You ever get into one of those situations where you are listening to guy go off, a small businessman in this case and you are trying to be polite by engaging in the discussion while at the same time trying to exit stage left? Funny but not so funny
Which provence?....Doug Ford is as big a bullying depot goon as Castreau.

LOL....OP should have started complaining about the 700-1300% mark-up in jewelry stores. ;)

I found a decent deal, nothing fancy. He was sizing me up and sensed I wasn't going to overspend, so he caught a deal he might not have otherwise.

why were you in a jewelry store??

I think thats called idol worshiping,,
You spent more during your last fast food visit I am wlling to wager, that is how little I could spend. I wear what makes me comfortable and reminds me to keep communicating and praying. One day maybe you will be kicked to the curb as I have been for an absurd length of time and you too may appreciate the importance.

You spent more during your last fast food visit I am wlling to wager, that is how little I could spend. I wear what makes me comfortable and reminds me to keep communicating and praying. One day maybe you will be kicked to the curb as I have been for an absurd length of time and you too may appreciate the importance.
as long as youre not buying it for that crazy bitch that was beating on you,,

as long as youre not buying it for that crazy bitch that was beating on you,,
She is my wife and no, it is for me. You may not understand it, even I don't at times, but for better or worse, through sickness and in health, I took my vow to her and God. I am trying to balance many considerations right now. I may pursue a life in America and finish my MBA, we will see. It makes the most sense and Texas is booming. I cannot go anywhere until her case is over.

who are you talking about?

I guess he isn't famous so you didn't give his name?

Forum List

Back