Well done, Mr. Harper.

Capitalist

Jeffersonian Liberal
May 22, 2010
stephen-harper.jpg

OTTAWA – The Harper government sent a diplomatic note to Iran Wednesday, as Heritage Minister James Moore lashed out at Tehran for its part in a campaign that cancelled the screening of a movie critical of the Iranian regime at Library and Archives Canada.
On Wednesday morning, the Minister instructed Library and Archives Canada to show Iranium, a documentary critiquing Iran’s nuclear program, after it cowed to numerous threats of protest and an official request from the Iranian embassy in Canada to not present the film Tuesday night, as scheduled.
In its diplomatic note to Tehran, the government said Canada is a free country and that freedom of expression is a core value that won’t be compromised.
“This movie will be shown, the agreement will be kept and this movie Iranium will be shown at Library and Archives Canada. We will not be moving it to a different facility, we’re not bending to any pressure,” said Mr. Moore on the CBC’s Power and Politics.
“People need to be kept safe, but we don’t back down to people who try to censor people by threats of violence.”
Keep reading…

There have been incidences over the years of Muslim fanatics attempting to squelch free speech in Canada, and being successful, unfortunately.

Last edited:
The reason this post isn't getting clicks is because mentioning Mr. Harper to murkins puts this vision in their brai....errrr....heads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I think Stephen Harper is pretty clear.

images

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMFukdbcn8k"]Prime Minister Stephen Harper's Speech on Israel's 60th [/ame]

Two weeks ago I visited Ukraine for the first time. At the killing grounds of Babyn Yar, I knew I was standing in a place where evil – evil at its most cruel, obscene, and grotesque – had been unleashed. But while evil of this magnitude may be unfathomable, it is nonetheless a fact.

It is a fact of history. And it is a fact of our nature – that humans can choose to be inhuman. This is the paradox of freedom. That awesome power, that grave responsibility – to choose between good and evil.

Let us not forget that even in the darkest hours of the Holocaust, men were free to choose good. And some did. That is the eternal witness of the Righteous Among the Nations.

And let us not forget that even now, there are those who would choose evil, and would launch another Holocaust, if left unchecked. That is the challenge before us today.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUfFdhIOoQM"]Canadian PM: I Will Defend Israel 'whatever the cost' [/ame]

We are free citizens, but also the elected representatives of free peoples. We have a solemn duty to defend the vulnerable, to challenge the aggressor, to protect and promote human dignity, at home and abroad. None of us knows whether we would choose to do good, in the extreme circumstances of the Righteous. But we do know there are those today who would choose to do evil, if they are so permitted. Thus, we must use our freedom now, and them and their anti-Semitism at every turn.

Our work together is a sign of hope, just as the existence and persistence of the Jewish homeland is a sign of hope. And it is here that history serves not to warn but to inspire.

As I said on the 60th anniversary of its founding, the State of Israel appeared as a light, in a world emerging from deep darkness. Against all odds, that light has not been extinguished. It burns bright, upheld by the universal principles of all civilized nations – freedom, democracy, justice.

By working together more closely in the family of civilized nations, we affirm and strengthen those principles. And we declare our faith in humanity’s future, in the power of good over evil.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu3Tbfa8NCU"]HillelThanksHarper[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqWnwL74hE8"]Stephen Harper 9/11 Speech [/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0emAae23io"]Does Canada Have a Roll in Israel's Protection?[/ame]

"Short Time"

Examples of his Stephen Harper's dominance are everywhere you look.

The giant public service bureaucracy that was Liberal dominated has been brought under his wing through a vetting system that effectively gagged the bureaucrats. For the foreign service, it’s been much the same. Major control restructuring.

He inherited a Liberal dominated Senate but now has a Conservative majority due to his patronage appointments as well as backdoor retirements. He has the media, which once disliked him now fawning on him.

The vulnerability of a minority government has allowed Mr. Harper to impose such discipline over his formerly unruly caucus that the party is now likened to a garrison structure whose members click their heels at his every utterance.

During Mr. Harper’s minority, he has put together a fund raising operation that dwarfs those of his opponents and gives him broad advantage over the Liberals.

The story of his first five years has been less in policy making than in taking over control of the infrastructure of power in a way that few prime ministers ever have and in a way that, should he win the next election convincingly, he could be invincible.

I see a majority win and I believe it will not be polled correctly. I think more than a few Liberals will vote Conservative just to see what kind of majority Stephen will bring about.

The Liberals are no longer scared of Stephen. Their Leaders are indeed. So much so that they do not call elections on his minority government. He will call the next election.

He has more than power. He has an integrity that is seen in the Western world as high leadership potential. With the world moving to a conservatism to deal with the extremism it is entirely possible that Prime Minister Stephen Harper will win a majority.

Regarding a "Short Time".

Well, Lester B. Pearson was the Prime Minister of Canada who drafted the UN Partition Plan for Israel. He also was instrumental in fighting the already growing Muslim block.

Good on Canada.

Forum List

Back