Welfare? The Reason For Black Family Break-Up

Well drop welfare,and we will see who will be screaming the most.

Unfortunately 50% of all Americans are now dependent either a little or a lot on government checks/benefits. And it is a given that almost ALL of these like getting those government checks/benefits and will scream a bit if they no longer get them. In some cases, it would be extremely cruel and a grievous breach of faith to just stop the checks.

But it is also cruel to continue policies that are detrimental to large segments of society, most especially when the ONLY reason to do so is to increase the power, prestige, influence, and personal fortunes of those voting the money.
Now SS is not welfare,American workers paid for SS every working day of their working life.So dont be bad talking about SS.

And if government had not squandered the money collected from sundry workers their entire working lives, we might still have a solvent and viable program. Every year when I receive that little letter telling me the amount of money surrendered by myself, and my employers on my behalf, to my SSA, I politely write back and request they release said funds to me, as I am far better suited to use them for my own welfare. Even offering to release the government from all future demands for support, they have never answered my letters.

Unfortunately 50% of all Americans are now dependent either a little or a lot on government checks/benefits. And it is a given that almost ALL of these like getting those government checks/benefits and will scream a bit if they no longer get them. In some cases, it would be extremely cruel and a grievous breach of faith to just stop the checks.

But it is also cruel to continue policies that are detrimental to large segments of society, most especially when the ONLY reason to do so is to increase the power, prestige, influence, and personal fortunes of those voting the money.
Now SS is not welfare,American workers paid for SS every working day of their working life.So dont be bad talking about SS.

And if government had not squandered the money collected from sundry workers their entire working lives, we might still have a solvent and viable program. Every year when I receive that little letter telling me the amount of money surrendered by myself, and my employers on my behalf, to my SSA, I politely write back and request they release said funds to me, as I am far better suited to use them for my own welfare. Even offering to release the government from all future demands for support, they have never answered my letters.

The Social Security plan was that workers would pay for retirees, and, based on actuarial tables, those who died earlier than expected would add to the fund.
a. No one considered that life expectancy would increase?
b. No one considered that the balance of workers and retirees might change?
c. No one calculated the long-term costs?
d. Ida May Fuller, the first person to begin receiving benefits, in January, 1940, when she was 65- she lived to be 100. “…worked for three years under the Social Security program. The accumulated taxes on her salary during those three years was a total of $24.75. Her initial monthly check was $22.54. During her lifetime she collected a total of $22,888.92 in Social Security benefits.” Social Security History, Brief History Essay

Forum List

Back