Welfare queen wins nearly $200 million powerball - Is this right?

Article doesn't say she's black or on welfare but the video shows she's black and she's an unemployed mother of 4 kids so i figure.....People on welfare should not be allowed to win a lottery. That money is for the kids not for gambling. At the very least she should have to pay back the state the welfare money they've paid her.

Unemployed mom of 4 wins Powerball in North Carolina Money - Home

feb 13 2015
and the Powerball winner is ... an unemployed mother of four kids.

Marie Holmes, 26, of North Carolina is one of the three winners who picked the combination that won them the $564.1 million jackpot: 11-13-25-39-54-19.

"I thought I was going to have a heart attack when I seen the ticket," said Holmes, in an interview with local TV affiliate WECT. "My uncle actually sold me the winning ticket."

Holmes, who used to work at McDonald's and WalMart, said she no longer has to worry about providing for her son and three daughters.

Agreed. Every cent she received in welfare should be paid back to the taxpayers!

Article doesn't say she's black or on welfare but the video shows she's black and she's an unemployed mother of 4 kids so i figure.....People on welfare should not be allowed to win a lottery. That money is for the kids not for gambling. At the very least she should have to pay back the state the welfare money they've paid her.

Unemployed mom of 4 wins Powerball in North Carolina Money - Home

feb 13 2015
and the Powerball winner is ... an unemployed mother of four kids.

Marie Holmes, 26, of North Carolina is one of the three winners who picked the combination that won them the $564.1 million jackpot: 11-13-25-39-54-19.

"I thought I was going to have a heart attack when I seen the ticket," said Holmes, in an interview with local TV affiliate WECT. "My uncle actually sold me the winning ticket."

Holmes, who used to work at McDonald's and WalMart, said she no longer has to worry about providing for her son and three daughters.

Agreed. Every cent she received in welfare should be paid back to the taxpayers!
I think every penny of a scholarship ought to be paid back if the athlete goes to pro sports before using up all of his eligibility.

That said, I don't blame world class LSU receivers going to the NFL, knowing Les Miles will play a QB who cannot even remember plays.

Look at it this way.

She bought that ticket with $2 that would have been yours had it not been taxed away to give to her.

Think she is going to share any winnings from the ticket you bought for her?

Look at it this way.

The tax she'll pay is more than the total you've paid in the past 40 years.

Look at it this way.

She bought that ticket with $2 that would have been yours had it not been taxed away to give to her.

Look at it this way.

The welfare she got is probably more than the tax I paid too.

That is why this country is $20 trillion in debt.

Look at it this way.

Look at it this way.

The welfare she got is probably more than the tax I paid too.

That is why this country is $20 trillion in debt.

She's only a babe.

Always wondered why rich people qith lots of dispoable income don't just buy millions of tickets at a time? Statistically that should work. :)

If you have that kind of bankroll you can make more in Vegas.

Or invest it. But it worked for the kid in the Willy Wonka movies, rich parents bought candy bars en masse.' The guy in the closet in "Real Genius" too. Entered a sweepstakes with "no purchase necessary, enter as often as you like" so he did entering hundreds of thousands of times winning various top tier prizes. :)

Always wondered why rich people qith lots of dispoable income don't just buy millions of tickets at a time? Statistically that should work. :)

If you have that kind of bankroll you can make more in Vegas.

Or invest it. But it worked for the kid in the Willy Wonka movies, rich parents bought candy bars en masse.' The guy in the closet in "Real Genius" too. Entered a sweepstakes with "no purchase necessary, enter as often as you like" so he did entering hundreds of thousands of times winning various top tier prizes. :)

The odds of winning the lottery are at least 1 in 200 million.

The Sobering Odds Of Winning The Lottery Jackpot NPR

I think every penny of a scholarship ought to be paid back if the athlete goes to pro sports before using up all of his eligibility.

That said, I don't blame world class LSU receivers going to the NFL, knowing Les Miles will play a QB who cannot even remember plays.

Don't bring up sports, you'll incite the rednecks. Oh wait, that's NASCAR, NEVER MIND!

Forum List

Back