Welfare queen wins nearly $200 million powerball - Is this right?

Hard work doesn't mean shit nowadays. It's all about your education and experience. If you don't have that to offer an employer, then you are usually out of luck.

And who's fault is that if you have neither?
coming from a guy who got an education handed to him...

Handed to me? I EARNED my way into West Point and Princeton after that
and you paid for neither. Ergo it was handed to you.

I paid for it with my over 20 years of active military service.

Are there rules where others cant do the same, that I am unaware of?
nice rationalizing... did you see combat or did you fly a desk?
don't lie!

don't lie!

I was an MP. I served in Iraq twice, Desert Storm and again during Operation Iraqi Freedom. Seen combat in Desert Storm, was higher ranking and out of the middle of the action in 2003.

What that has to do with receiving an education in exchange for military service is anyone's guess.

Nothing wrong with learning the value of a dollar through hard work.

Rich kids tend to not appreciate their good fortune. It also tends to stifle creativity.

I would give them what they need, not everything they ever wanted.

Hard work doesn't mean shit nowadays. It's all about your education and experience. If you don't have that to offer an employer, then you are usually out of luck.

It's sometimes the dumbest posters who claim to have the best educations. :D True story. Of course, I graduated from Harvard, Summa cum laude. :wink_2:

It's sometimes the dumbest posters who claim to have the best educations. :D True story. Of course, I graduated from Harvard, Summa cum laude. :wink_2:

^ So stupid she can't differentiate between "different opinion on topics than mine" and "uneducated"

Also, I have never, and will never, tried to claim that either my education or my military service makes my opinions more valid than another persons.

don't lie!

I was an MP. I served in Iraq twice, Desert Storm and again during Operation Iraqi Freedom. Seen combat in Desert Storm, was higher ranking and out of the middle of the action in 2003.

What that has to do with receiving an education in exchange for military service is anyone's guess.
no it's obvious....you have no concept of what's it's like to struggle for money, food rent...etc.....making all your rants about what people should or shouldn't do irrelevant.
to quote a friend of mine :"you're speaking from non knowledge"
that is the height of arrogance and pretentiousness...
1. Claiming that or behaving as if one is important or deserving of merit when such is not the case: a pretentious socialite.
2. Showing or betraying an attitude of superiority: made pretentious remarks about his education.

^ So stupid she can't differentiate between "different opinion on topics than mine" and "uneducated"

Also, I have never, and will never, tried to claim that either my education or my military service makes my opinions more valid than another persons.
you don't have to your attitude more than implies it....

don't lie!

no it's obvious....you have no concept of what's it's like to struggle for money, food rent...etc.....making all your rants about what people should or shouldn't do irrelevant.
1. Claiming that or behaving as if one is important or deserving of merit when such is not the case: a pretentious socialite.
2. Showing or betraying an attitude of superiority: made pretentious remarks about his educa

Where have I ranted Daws? Perhaps a message board isn't the best match for someone who doesn't want to hear opposing opinions.

don't lie!

2. Showing or betraying an attitude of superiority: made pretentious remarks about his educa

Where have I ranted Daws? Perhaps a message board isn't the best match for someone who doesn't want to hear opposing opinions.
every fucking thing you post is a rant.
there's a world of difference between your cock sure posts and opposing opinions

don't lie!

there's a world of difference between your cock sure posts and opposing opinions

LOL whatever titty baby. It' amazing that you thank my "cock sure posts" when you happen to agree with them

don't lie!

LOL whatever titty baby. It' amazing that you thank my "cock sure posts" when you happen to agree with them
titty baby? did I hurt you little feeewings?
as to agreeing: as the old saying goes even a stopped clock is right twice a day!

don't lie!

Some people cannot post "opposing opinions" ever. What they post are just insults to anyone who disagrees with them. Then they run off and start their "tantrum boy" threads elsewhere on the forum. :D Always miserable ranting about others "taking their stuff." Never anything new or creative, just parrots of their party talking points. God forbid, they disagree with a person and even ATTEMPT to have a civil discussion. That is just out of the question with some posters under any circumstances. They tantrum as soon as a person disagrees with them.

I graduated cumma on Sue.

yes, but was it a masters? !

yes, but was it a masters? !
Nope. That takes another year and a half and you have to write a thesis. A Bachelor's is enough. Blew my load and simply lost interest after that.

Last edited:

What was your major? :biggrin:

What was your major? :biggrin:

You're not gonna believe this......journalism.

Article doesn't say she's black or on welfare but the video shows she's black and she's an unemployed mother of 4 kids so i figure.....People on welfare should not be allowed to win a lottery. That money is for the kids not for gambling. At the very least she should have to pay back the state the welfare money they've paid her.

Unemployed mom of 4 wins Powerball in North Carolina Money - Home

feb 13 2015
and the Powerball winner is ... an unemployed mother of four kids.

Marie Holmes, 26, of North Carolina is one of the three winners who picked the combination that won them the $564.1 million jackpot: 11-13-25-39-54-19.

"I thought I was going to have a heart attack when I seen the ticket," said Holmes, in an interview with local TV affiliate WECT. "My uncle actually sold me the winning ticket."

Holmes, who used to work at McDonald's and WalMart, said she no longer has to worry about providing for her son and three daughters.

Good for her!

Forum List

Back