Welfare queen wins nearly $200 million powerball - Is this right?

Cheap people don't buy lottery tickets.
I bought a $35 ticket in the Australian Lottery every year at Christmas time. After about 20 years I realized just how little chance I had of winning, and what better use I could put that (collective $750) money to, so when they increased the price of the bottom level ticket to $40 I quit.

The lure of any lottery is the fantasy that comes from the anticipative dream of winning all that money. That anticipation is what takes hold of the addicted gambler and doesn't let go. I'm not affected by that addiction so the annual Christmastime dream of hitting the Aussie Lottery faded over the years and I'd had enough of it.

Every time one of these massive Lottery games is won there are reports of individuals who stand on lines for hours and spend their entire paychecks on tickets.

I'm glad I don't have that problem.

I play the lottery as a source of fun and fantasy entertainment. I have a friend who plays the Powerball and I play the Mega millions. We agree to split the winnings. If we win small amounts (under $20), we put it back into the game. Above that we send each other our winnings. We each spend less than $10 a week. We enjoy doing it. I think we are an example of what the majority of the lottery players are like. Yeah, some people get stupid with it. But that is true for most things.

Me? I pay my "stupid tax" twice a week.

Cheap people don't buy lottery tickets.
I bought a $35 ticket in the Australian Lottery every year at Christmas time. After about 20 years I realized just how little chance I had of winning, and what better use I could put that (collective $750) money to, so when they increased the price of the bottom level ticket to $40 I quit.

The lure of any lottery is the fantasy that comes from the anticipative dream of winning all that money. That anticipation is what takes hold of the addicted gambler and doesn't let go. I'm not affected by that addiction so the annual Christmastime dream of hitting the Aussie Lottery faded over the years and I'd had enough of it.

Every time one of these massive Lottery games is won there are reports of individuals who stand on lines for hours and spend their entire paychecks on tickets.

I'm glad I don't have that problem.

Well, someone always wins, and you can win if you don't play! I won 10,000 on a scratch ticket one time. It was AWESOME! :D I don't do any other gambling. Once in a while, I buy a few scratch tickets, but I don't play Power Ball or anything.

I read she quit her job at McDonalds to take care of her sister or something...so she did have a job...It pisses me off when I don't win lol...used to it by now...It always seems to be these old fuckers who win like they are gonna have time to spend 100 million at 80 years old lol...
Now she can afford a Big Mac meal. Super sized.

Those things are expensive.

I read she quit her job at McDonalds to take care of her sister or something...so she did have a job...It pisses me off when I don't win lol...used to it by now...It always seems to be these old fuckers who win like they are gonna have time to spend 100 million at 80 years old lol...
Now she can afford a Big Mac meal.

You should be so happy that your precious tax money isn't going to help the downtrodden. Lol.

Now she can afford a Big Mac meal.

Thank goodness, this woman could now probably buy you 12 times over. :D Lol. Does that make you feel bitter?

Lucky woman. Here's to hoping she spends her windfall wisely.
That $200 million is gonna buy a lot of nails and hair extensions.

She's setting up college funds for her children and buying a home.
I'd go to school for a living. Travel during the Summer. I wouldn't work unless it was in the garden.

She wants her children to not have to go through what she went through and wants to give them the opportunity to pursue a career or whatever they want. She can also get the BEST care possible for her disabled one.

I'd go to school for a living. Travel during the Summer. I wouldn't work unless it was in the garden.

She wants her children to not have to go through what she went through and wants to give them the opportunity to pursue a career or whatever they want. She can also get the BEST care possible for her disabled one.

Nothing wrong with learning the value of a dollar through hard work.

Rich kids tend to not appreciate their good fortune. It also tends to stifle creativity.

I would give them what they need, not everything they ever wanted.

Rich kids tend to not appreciate their good fortune. It also tends to stifle creativity.

Hard work doesn't mean shit nowadays. It's all about your education and experience. If you don't have that to offer an employer, then you are usually out of luck.

Hard work doesn't mean shit nowadays. It's all about your education and experience. If you don't have that to offer an employer, then you are usually out of luck.

A good work ethic is more in demand than an educated lazy bum.

No employer wants a worker that sits around and does nothing

A good work ethic is more in demand than an educated lazy bum.

No employer wants a worker that sits around and does nothing

Employers don't hire people based upon their "work ethic" anymore. When was the last time you went job hunting? I'll bet you are so out of the loop, you have absolutely no idea. EVERYTHING is done online nowadays, including interviews at times.

It's all about how you look on paper today. You don't get to talk to anyone unless they schedule an interview. You don't go from place to place and fill out applications. Everything is done on the computer and is very impersonal.

And who's fault is that if you have neither?

coming from a guy who got an education handed to him...

Handed to me? I EARNED my way into West Point and Princeton after that

and you paid for neither. Ergo it was handed to you.

and you paid for neither. Ergo it was handed to you.

I paid for it with my over 20 years of active military service.

Are there rules where others cant do the same, that I am unaware of?

Forum List

Back