Welfare AND Walk?

HenryBHough

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Oak Grove, Massachusetts
Imagine having to walk anywhere to use your welfare EBT!

WALK, not drive!

That may be coming soon to Switzerland where it's been proposed that welfare recipients not be allowed to own vehicles.

BBC News - Switzerland Car ban considered for benefits recipients

"Zurich's regional parliament has passed the first reading of a bill which would stop welfare payments being used to fund cars, unless a disability, illness or professional reasons could be proved.........."

"Supporters of the proposal say people on welfare can't afford to pay for a car, and if they want one then their benefits payments should be reduced. "If someone can afford a car, it can be assumed that he has other sources of money," Jean-Philippe Pinto of the Christian Democratic People's Party, which supports the measure."

Imagine having to walk anywhere to use your welfare EBT!

WALK, not drive!

That may be coming soon to Switzerland where it's been proposed that welfare recipients not be allowed to own vehicles.

BBC News - Switzerland Car ban considered for benefits recipients

"Zurich's regional parliament has passed the first reading of a bill which would stop welfare payments being used to fund cars, unless a disability, illness or professional reasons could be proved.........."

"Supporters of the proposal say people on welfare can't afford to pay for a car, and if they want one then their benefits payments should be reduced. "If someone can afford a car, it can be assumed that he has other sources of money," Jean-Philippe Pinto of the Christian Democratic People's Party, which supports the measure."
I'd be satisfied if we just docked the fuckers for the cost of their tattoos.

“That may be coming soon to Switzerland where it's been proposed that welfare recipients not be allowed to own vehicles.”

Fortunately we live in a Constitutional Republic where this sort of idiocy isn't permitted.

Actually, if I was reading correctly, we do, in a way, prevent people on welfare from having cars...it counts as an asset and unless the car is needed for work, there are rules that stop them from qualifying them for welfare...I know for certain, they can not own a second car for their wife or husband type thing....even if they own the cars outright and the car is only worth $4000 they then count that as money you have, and there is a limit on the kind of money you have, in order to qualify...something like you can not have more than $1000 in savings and checking, or maybe it was $2000... or again, you can not qualify for it....

I know each State is different, but there are some general guidelines regarding car ownership and Savings that can prevent them from qualifying.

I will see if I can figure out where I had read this and post it later, if I can find it....

Forum List

Back