Websites Down WTF

I don't think it'd make much sense to be Russia, though I mean they do have motivation - we just declared cyberwar on them.

Unfortunately NORSE has been hit so we can't watch the origins of the attacks - http://map.norsecorp.com/

I'd get all your shit done now and hang on for a few days.

I don't think it'd make much sense to be Russia, though I mean they do have motivation - we just declared cyberwar on them.

Unfortunately NORSE has been hit so we can't watch the origins of the attacks - http://map.norsecorp.com/

I'd get all your shit done now and hang on for a few days.
Yeah that is who I use NORSE and that's pretty bad when they get taken down LOL

There is this one though https://cybermap.kaspersky.com/

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

ad:tech New York 2016, the original industry authority for advertising, marketing and media technology, today announced its new Board of Governors, a strategically cast assembly of industry influencers and innovators reflecting the next era of ad and marketing technology innovation. The Board convenes in time for ad:tech’s 20th anniversary and the signature November 2-3 show at Javits Center in New York City................................ad:tech is the original industry authority for marketing and media technology, where marketing, technology and media communities assemble to share new ways of thinking, build strong partnerships, and define new strategies to compete in an ever-changing marketplace

Should we get out our prepper stuff and evaluate whether we need to stock up on anything? My candles and Raman noodles and rice are well stocked and I have a racoon and plump rabbit just waiting for a .22 shot to their heads. Big box of candles, Harley needs rewiring and guitar all tuned up. The ocean is a mile away makes protein sources kind of easy. Maybe need to stock up on adult beverage and beer.

I don't think they'll maintain the attack long enough for it to become more than an inconvenience.

If I were to take a guess at it, this is the wake up shot. And it's directed at the American people, not the media. I figure three, maybe four days. Until the media recognizes that it is Anonymous behind it. They don't want to alienate the people, so I suspect they won't make it a serious problem.

Next they will hit things to effect live feeds, satellite interlinks and the like. (Though it's possible they'll start it now, but that's ify because they need the media to recognize "the enemy" - and frankly they're a bit arrogant so they want folks to know who they are too heh)

This is how the US is going to sell the WMD's to us, but in this case it's Russia attacking our social media platforms :lol: :lol:

History books shall read;

"In 2016 the US declared a cyber war on Russia for allegedly attacking Twitter and Spotify. The cyber war quickly escalated into a land war where many lives were lost. In 2020 after 100,500 lives were lost WikiLeaks released emails that exposed the Obama Administration, the media and the DNC colluding to push a narrative that the Russians were waging a cyber war on America. This was done to show Trump was uninformed and underestimated the Russians. The narrative pushed on unsuspecting Americans also served to show that the PodestaEmails were in fact hacked by the Russians."

Many sites suffered from outages in the U.S. for multiple hours. DownDetector

A wave of digital publishers and other ecommerce players were hit by a cyber attack this morning, causing their sites in some parts of the United States to go out in a problem that's lingering into middle afternoon. According to DownDetector—check out its map above—the East Coast and Southern California have been hit the hardest while Western Europe has also seen outages.

Notably, Twitter has been inaccessible to many users for hours, while Spotify, Shopify, SoundCloud have also experienced major outages. Additionally, Etsy, Reddit, Airbnb, GitHub, The New York Times and Boston Globe are down due to the ongoing outages, per TechCrunch. Hacker News is running an updated list of which sites are currently crashing.

The development seems particularly bad for the publishers like Twitter and NYT that rely on ad impressions for revenue, but the damage may be even worse for internet retailers Shopify and Etsy, which are likely losing sales.

The outages are apparently being caused by a "distributed denial of service" (DDoS) attack on web domains provider Dyn. Just before 2 p.m., the Ottawa-based company posted updated information related to the attacks, including the message: "Our engineers continue to investigate and mitigate several attacks aimed against the Dyn Managed DNS infrastructure."

Many sites suffered from outages in the U.S. for multiple hours. DownDetector

A wave of digital publishers and other ecommerce players were hit by a cyber attack this morning, causing their sites in some parts of the United States to go out in a problem that's lingering into middle afternoon. According to DownDetector—check out its map above—the East Coast and Southern California have been hit the hardest while Western Europe has also seen outages.

Notably, Twitter has been inaccessible to many users for hours, while Spotify, Shopify, SoundCloud have also experienced major outages. Additionally, Etsy, Reddit, Airbnb, GitHub, The New York Times and Boston Globe are down due to the ongoing outages, per TechCrunch. Hacker News is running an updated list of which sites are currently crashing.

The development seems particularly bad for the publishers like Twitter and NYT that rely on ad impressions for revenue, but the damage may be even worse for internet retailers Shopify and Etsy, which are likely losing sales.

The outages are apparently being caused by a "distributed denial of service" (DDoS) attack on web domains provider Dyn. Just before 2 p.m., the Ottawa-based company posted updated information related to the attacks, including the message: "Our engineers continue to investigate and mitigate several attacks aimed against the Dyn Managed DNS infrastructure."

Mindwars: Uh I started my thread an hour and a half before you and I assume same time zone buddy. Aridzona drew first.

Forum List

Back