Web Page Title

5stringJeff

Sep 15, 2003
Puyallup, WA
The web page title for the forum main page is:

"US Message Board - Forum : Adult Chatroom For Politics & America"

Maybe it's just me... but doesn't "Adult Chatroom" sound like we're looking for sexual partners? I think I understand that we want this to be an adult conversation... but I think we might want to think about changing the wording.

LOL! :D

I had just changed that this morning, good catch! Shit, I didn't think people even looked at the top of their browsers anymore!

The change really wasn't to display the title to visitors as much as it was changed for the spiders that visit the page. The meta names, links & keywords were pretty much designed to attract traffice to (vBulletin, Jelsoft...)

Creek also added a new page in the past, and I just added a new one this morning. These are great for search engines, but we really haven't linked to them from the main page just yet.

Creek - http://www.usmessageboard.com/iraq.html

Jim - http://www.usmessageboard.com/liberal.html

These are not meant for arguments, but tools best used for attracting visitors to the site. Of course, we can debate with people if they like!

By the way, it's been changed. I removed the "dult"

"US Message Board - Forum : A Chatroom For Politics & America"

Creek designed the main page usmessageboard.com :clap:

He then made an add-on, the Iraq-Iran page. I used the same design to add the page about liberals.

Do you want opposite arguments in the form of web pages or are you just trying to Bush-wack :rolleyes: new members.... :D

Originally posted by dijetlo
Do you want opposite arguments in the form of web pages or are you just trying to Bush-wack :rolleyes: new members.... :D

No reply necessary at all. They honestly were meant solely for attraction by the search engines. You'll notice they aren't exactly publicized. Whether they are my beliefs or not is irrelevant.

If you care to make a webpage (with the same design) I'll be happy to post it, intact, regardless of what your point of view is. I'll even publicize it here on the board to garner you as much attention as possible! :D

Also, the newsletters are open to everyone's views. If anyone would like to submit an article like Moi did, I'd be happy to include it and give all credit due. And yes, it can be about Muslims, Christianity, political views, Iraq - it's meant to be a commentary piece and all submissions would be used. Just email any writing to [email protected]

>>I'll be happy to post it, intact, regardless of what your point of view is.<<
Thanks, yer a peach. LOL. Seriously I appreciate your commitment to allowing divergent views a fair hearing.
>> I'll even publicize it here on the board to garner you as much attention as possible! <<
That was not really my goal. I agree with your efforts to attract new posters with new ideas and was just offering to help. I assumed that your page was geting hits from its' content and therefor reversing the orientation would open you to hits from new sources holding the opposing views.
You know, actually a better source for this type of document might be Dawoud. If you stipulate no links he might surprise you with some creative logical arguments (or he might not, but you never know if you don't try, do ya????).

Originally posted by dijetlo
[BYou know, actually a better source for this type of document might be Dawoud. If you stipulate no links he might surprise you with some creative logical arguments (or he might not, but you never know if you don't try, do ya????). [/B]

I would have no problem letting Dawoud writing an article. Sadly, I don't think he'll ever read this forum as he is busy cutting and pasting from yahoo. :rolleyes:

He has just as much right to post here as the "neo-cons" he speaks of, and is just as free to submit an article if he wants to be heard by a wider audience.

Forum List

Back