Weatherman Fired for slip of the tongue

So why then are you so inflexible and unwilling to see the good in people? You embody the worst attitudes of the racists.
Who told you I dont see good in people? White racists can have some good in them. However, since there are much better people out there why waste my time giving them a pass? If I see someone as a white racist the little good that may be in them doesnt matter at all to me. I still consider them as rabid feral dogs that should be euthanized. Or in this case fired. :rolleyes:

And yet you had nothing to say when Obama picked a racist as his VP? Is Obama stupid for doing that or is he just more mature?
I had plenty to say. However, that has nothing to do with point that the feral in the OP called MLK a "coon" and got fired for it. :rolleyes:

Actually, it has a lot to do with it. Obama clearly didn't let a single instance of racially insulting language stop him from seeing value in a white racist (your standard). Obviously, you can't do that.

Obama can work with racists, you can't.
Nah, politics makes for strange bedfellows. You should know that.
Hmmm, so in politics, racism is just "strange bedfellows", while everywhere else it's tar and feathers?

Who told you I dont see good in people? White racists can have some good in them. However, since there are much better people out there why waste my time giving them a pass? If I see someone as a white racist the little good that may be in them doesnt matter at all to me. I still consider them as rabid feral dogs that should be euthanized. Or in this case fired. :rolleyes:

And yet you had nothing to say when Obama picked a racist as his VP? Is Obama stupid for doing that or is he just more mature?
I had plenty to say. However, that has nothing to do with point that the feral in the OP called MLK a "coon" and got fired for it. :rolleyes:

Actually, it has a lot to do with it. Obama clearly didn't let a single instance of racially insulting language stop him from seeing value in a white racist (your standard). Obviously, you can't do that.

Hmmm, so in politics, racism is just "strange bedfellows", while everywhere else it's tar and feathers?
The whole point of politics is to work with people to achieve a compromise. Sometimes you dont have to like them in order work with them. One of the reasons I would never be a good politician.

The whole point of politics is to work with people to achieve a compromise. Sometimes you dont have to like them in order work with them. One of the reasons I would never be a good politician.
I agree with that. I wouldn't be a good one either. My point still is that I would never in a million years want to teach my black grandsons that no white person can be trusted or should be heard. I would rather they be open to new people than to close themselves off.

Me refusing to work with white racists has nothing to do with the fact the white racist got fired for calling MLK a "coon". Has nothing at all to do with the topic in discussion. :rolleyes:

I'm simply illustrating that your position is rather extreme.
What’s extreme with zero tolerance for racist comments?
Under that standard, Obama's pick for VP should have been run out of office and disgraced for the rest of his life, not elevated by a black man to the second highest office in the country.

The point is, Obama has a lot more class, dignity and grace when dealing with racial slurs than you guys do. He's willing to actually find out if the person is a racist or not, while you are not.
Again, politics has a lot to do with that. I’m not running for public office and can afford to be less tolerant than Obama.

No one is contending he said, “coon,” intentionally on the air.

Maybe not. But you are contending that he says it in private. Both of these are baseless assumptions. So why is it so important to you that we know you did not make one baseless assumption when you made another anyway?
This thread is not about me. It’s about Kappell.

Another transparent dodge. This thread is about whether or not Kappell's slip up was a racist Freudian slip or an honest flub. Since any assumptions or opinions about his guilt or innocence are germane to that aspect of the topic, your assumptions fall into that area, baseless as they are.

Oh.... and he’s still fired.

:dance:

Oh, and you're still making baseless assumptions.
Nope, Kappell really is still fired. Humiliatingly so, too.

Why do you keep stating the obvious? Is celebrating this guy's termination all you have left since you can't accuse me of lying anymore? Which reminds me, I couldn't help but notice you haven't had anything to say about my post where I proved to you I had been saying people flub normal words all along. What say you?
What more is there to say? I pointed out what the guy said was racist and you replied by saying it’s an every day sort of slip.

It’s not. You lied. Why did I have to show again how you lied?

And yes, I celebrate when a racist gets fired for making a racist comment. I have zero tolerance for such assholes.

And that asshole is still fired.

Yes. If you don’t understand that, you don’t understand politics.

I agree with that. I wouldn't be a good one either. My point still is that I would never in a million years want to teach my black grandsons that no white person can be trusted or should be heard. I would rather they be open to new people than to close themselves off.
I teach my children not to trust white people until they prove they are trustworthy. If you have a problem with that I dont know what to tell you. As far as being heard I listen to white people talk a lot. However, it has nothing to do with the racist that called MLK a coon no matter how hard you try to conflate my views with the fact he got fired.

Maybe not. But you are contending that he says it in private. Both of these are baseless assumptions. So why is it so important to you that we know you did not make one baseless assumption when you made another anyway?

Another transparent dodge. This thread is about whether or not Kappell's slip up was a racist Freudian slip or an honest flub. Since any assumptions or opinions about his guilt or innocence are germane to that aspect of the topic, your assumptions fall into that area, baseless as they are.

Why do you keep stating the obvious? Is celebrating this guy's termination all you have left since you can't accuse me of lying anymore? Which reminds me, I couldn't help but notice you haven't had anything to say about my post where I proved to you I had been saying people flub normal words all along. What say you?
What more is there to say? I pointed out what the guy said was racist and you replied by saying it’s an every day sort of slip.

I'll bet that if I hadn't brought up that you hadn't responded to that post that you would have simply never responded. You were just going to dodge it like I never said it. Dodging cold facts and posting dance emojis is much easier than facing the truth.

I think that keeping up the charade that I lied was a weak attempt at diversion because it was all you had. That and your joy at the guy's firing is all you got out of this discussion.

Also, I told you in that last post that I am not stupid enough to believe people flub out racial slurs every day. Why would I say it and then claim I never did? What would be the point of that?

And yes, I celebrate when a racist gets fired for making a racist comment. I have zero tolerance for such assholes.

Apparently you have zero tolerance for logic and truth too.

I'll bet that if I hadn't brought up that you hadn't responded to that post that you would have simply never responded. You were just going to dodge it like I never said it. Dodging cold facts and posting dance emojis is much easier than facing the truth.

I think that keeping up the charade that I lied was a weak attempt at diversion because it was all you had. That and your joy at the guy's firing is all you got out of this discussion.

Also, I told you in that last post that I am not stupid enough to believe people flub out racial slurs every day. Why would I say it and then claim I never did? What would be the point of that?

I don’t take bets with conservatives. They’re welchers who don’t pay up when they lose. Meanwhile, you lied and got called on it. Deal with it.

Oh, and the racist Jeremy Kappell is still fired.

If a genuine case of alliteration gone wrong then leave the poor bastard alone.

Sadly do I recall how I learned in doing an morning newscast that sometimes an awkward way to phrase something may be safest.

What I could have said: Department of Fish and Game regulations for the caribou hunt in Regions D and C near the village of Council are being changed on an emergency basis.

What I tried to say: The Council caribou hunt is being shortened effective today.

What happened - twice?

You didn't spot it?

Read the bold faced line rapidly three times.

Give him a break!

I don’t take bets with conservatives. They’re welchers who don’t pay up when they lose. Meanwhile, you lied and got called on it. Deal with it.

Considering this remark, it seems to me you considered me a liar even before all that horseshit.

I think you and everybody here knows I did not lie. That and repeating that he's still fired is all you've got to take away from this so you can have some sense of a victory.

Enjoy your false victory while you can because you certainly did not win the debate. You never proved the guy's a racist; you never proved malice or intent and you never proved that it was a racial slur. In addition, you still don't know the guy or even anyone who does.

Now post one last dance emoji, tell me the guy's still fired one more time and crawl back to your daycare before they find you here and give you a spanking.

Considering this remark, it seems to me you considered me a liar even before all that horseshit.

I think you and everybody here knows I did not lie. That and repeating that he's still fired is all you've got to take away from this so you can have some sense of a victory.

Enjoy your false victory while you can because you certainly did not win the debate. You never proved the guy's a racist; you never proved malice or intent and you never proved that it was a racial slur. In addition, you still don't know the guy or even anyone who does.
And yet, in reality, I showed your lie. I claimed what the guy said is racist and you responded to that by saying that sort of thing happens every day.

And that wasn’t the only lie you were caught telling. There were others.

Now post one last dance emoji, tell me the guy's still fired one more time and crawl back to your daycare before they find you here and give you a spanking.
Sure, I certainly don’t mind celebrating a racist losing his job in embarrassing fashion for making a racist comment. And that racist asshole is still fired.

And yet, in reality, I showed your lie. I claimed what the guy said is racist and you responded to that by saying that sort of thing happens every day.

Yeah, and I proved to you that I had been saying otherwise all along.

Just for chuckles, what other lies?

Sure, I certainly don’t mind celebrating a racist losing his job in embarrassing fashion for making a racist comment. And that racist asshole is still fired.

It doesn’t matter what you said earlier. What matters is what you said in response to my post — which was a flat out lie.

As far as other lies you told ....

You falsely accused others of claiming he said, “coon,” on the air intentionally; and you denied claiming “Martin Luther King” is a tongue twister after comparing messing it up with other tongue twisters like”toy boat” and “Peter Piper.”

White supremacists don't get fired. They get transferred.

That's all that will happen to him. He'll be fine. Some other channel will pick him up

He'll be fine.

The thing is if he's says shit like this at work on air, just imagine how he talks off air ?

It's like when Hank Williams talked shit about Obama but then he got called back
Or the official who called Michelle Obama and "ape" she got her job back

So now he's a white supremacist?
I suspect that he is. Why ? Because I can't prove it. So because there is no master list of who is and isn't a white supremacist then I'm duty bound to suspect all white people.
That's a racist mind set. Congratulations.
I would say it is more his reality. A reality that a lot of black folks in the US live everyday due to how they have been treated. I don't blame him or anyone else like him one single bit.
so to you racism is ok......?

It doesn’t matter what you said earlier. What matters is what you said in response to my post — which was a flat out lie.

Um...no, it was not. As much as you want this to be true, when I said people make this sort of mistake all the time, it was not a direct response to your comment. I just repeated what I had been saying all along.

For the life of me I can't figure out why you think I would say it and then deny I said it other than to make me out to be a liar.

You falsely accused others of claiming he said, “coon,” on the air intentionally; and you denied claiming “Martin Luther King” is a tongue twister after comparing messing it up with other tongue twisters like”toy boat” and “Peter Piper.”

First of all, you falsely accused Kappell of being racist and routinely saying "Martin Luther Coon" off air. You have no evidence to support this. Secondly, I didn't compare it to "other" tongue twisters as I never said "Martin Luther King Junior" was a tongue twister. Thirdly, some posters did say or imply that it was intentional. Below are a few examples I found just in the first five or six pages of the thread:

MarcATL said in Post #7: "That was quite a 'slip'". The word "slip" in quotation marks implies that he thought it was no slip.

IM2 said flat out in Post #27: "...Because it was no slip."

And most damning of all, Asclepias said in Post #35: "We know for a fact he intentionally called MLK a coon though."

What's your response to this going to be, repeat for the upteenth time that the guy is still fired and post another dance emoji?

Um...no, it was not. As much as you want this to be true, when I said people make this sort of mistake all the time, it was not a direct response to your comment. I just repeated what I had been saying all along.

For the life of me I can't figure out why you think I would say it and then deny I said it other than to make me out to be a liar.

First of all, you falsely accused Kappell of being racist and routinely saying "Martin Luther Coon" off air. You have no evidence to support this. Secondly, I didn't compare it to "other" tongue twisters as I never said "Martin Luther King Junior" was a tongue twister. Thirdly, some posters did say or imply that it was intentional. Below are a few examples I found just in the first five or six pages of the thread:

MarcATL said in Post #7: "That was quite a 'slip'". The word "slip" in quotation marks implies that he thought it was no slip.

IM2 said flat out in Post #27: "...Because it was no slip."

And most damning of all, Asclepias said in Post #35: "We know for a fact he intentionally called MLK a coon though."

What's your response to this going to be, repeat for the upteenth time that the guy is still fired and post another dance emoji?

LOL! Love it when folks on these message boards think that getting the last word in means that they win.

Forum List

Back