Weather Underground Magazine (1975)

I saw a study that showed that conservatives are more afraid of the world and have less empathy for other people than liberals.

If you look at the posts by the conservatives on this board, this is true.

George Will : Conservatives Really Are More Compassionate - Townhall.com

-- Although liberal families' incomes average 6 percent higher than those of conservative families, conservative-headed households give, on average, 30 percent more to charity than the average liberal-headed household ($1,600 per year vs.$1,227).

-- Conservatives also donate more time and give more blood.

-- Residents of the states that voted for John Kerry in 2004 gave smaller percentages of their incomes to charity than did residents of states that voted for George Bush.

-- Bush carried 24 of the 25 states where charitable giving was above average.

In 2000, brows were furrowed in perplexity because Vice President Al Gore's charitable contributions, as a percentage of his income, were below the national average: He gave 0.2 percent of his family income, one-seventh of the average for donating households. But Gore "gave at the office." By using public office to give other peoples' money to government programs, he was being charitable, as liberals increasingly, and conveniently, understand that word.

Here in Virginia ALL the Republican campaign ads are fear based.

Well I've had the TV on all night here in Rhode Island all I keep seeing by the McCain campaign is a desperate ad trying to link Obama to Rev Wright.

It is a new ad too as I've never seen it before.

CaféAuLait;878386 said:
George Will : Conservatives Really Are More Compassionate - Townhall.com

-- Although liberal families' incomes average 6 percent higher than those of conservative families, conservative-headed households give, on average, 30 percent more to charity than the average liberal-headed household ($1,600 per year vs.$1,227).

-- Residents of the states that voted for John Kerry in 2004 gave smaller percentages of their incomes to charity than did residents of states that voted for George Bush.

In 2000, brows were furrowed in perplexity because Vice President Al Gore's charitable contributions, as a percentage of his income, were below the national average: He gave 0.2 percent of his family income, one-seventh of the average for donating households. But Gore "gave at the office." By using public office to give other peoples' money to government programs, he was being charitable, as liberals increasingly, and conveniently, understand that word.

Again certainly untrue. You cannot label Conservatives nicer then Liberals off some polls/surveys that don't get everyone. Besides, there are plenty of crazy and mean Conservatives.

I don't think so. You certainly can't label people on who would be nicer because they may be Liberal or Conservative.

However, the front page of the election 2008 board shows all the threads made by hardcore Republicans or Hardcore Anti-Obama people that are suppose to "scare" people into doubting voting for Obama or not voting for Obama at all.

This is a tactic that has been employed this cycle. However, It isn't new. Truman was one of the first to use it. In fact Obama has employed it as well. He has tied McCain to Bush's ass and scared people into thinking a McCain administration would be identical to the last eight years, We know this isn't true, but it has worked.

Well I've had the TV on all night here in Rhode Island all I keep seeing by the McCain campaign is a desperate ad trying to link Obama to Rev Wright.

It is a new ad too as I've never seen it before.

McCain said he would never use Rev. Wright.

He lied.

Here in Southeastern Va. the Republicans are only running two ads....one with Rev. Wright and one that is telling people if they work for the defense industry that they will LOSE THEIR JOBS if Obama is elected.

Fear of brown men is the lifeblood of the Republican Party. They did it with Willie Horton, they did it with Bin Laden, they did it with Saddam Hussein, and now they are doing it with Rev. Wright. It is an implicit racism that is at the core of the Republican appeal. Scare the white suburbanites with brown men with facial hair. It is what Republicans do. It will fail this time, however.

Again certainly untrue. You cannot label Conservatives nicer then Liberals off some polls/surveys that don't get everyone. Besides, there are plenty of crazy and mean Conservatives.

Link to back up your claims I have where is yours?

The Generosity Index

http://laovoices.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/generosity1.jpg
generosity1.jpg

Giving money to your right wing church does not prove your point.

Just read the posts here, and you will see what I mean.

This is a tactic that has been employed this cycle. However, It isn't new. Truman was one of the first to use it. In fact Obama has employed it as well. He has tied McCain to Bush's ass and scared people into thinking a McCain administration would be identical to the last eight years, We know this isn't true, but it has worked.

I've done the math however.

McCain would not be a bush clone but from 2001-2008 he agreed with Bush 89.1% of the time.

He also agreed with him MORE over the years, which shows how he has sold out his beliefs.

And there we go, the goptrust.com commerical about Rev Wright/Obama came up again. 10th time tonight at least.

And of course this:

[youtube]uThoBMfcFRc[/youtube]

His OWN words.

Giving money to your right wing church does not prove your point.

Just read the posts here, and you will see what I mean.

More, which proves you wrong:

Arthur C. Brooks, a professor at Syracuse University, has studied that question and chronicled his findings in the 2006 book Who Really Cares: The Surprising Truth About Compassionate Conservatism.

In Who Really Cares: The Surprising Truth About Compassionate Conservatism (Basic Books),

Arthur C. Brooks finds that religious conservatives are far more charitable than secular liberals, and that those who support the idea that government should redistribute income are among the least likely to dig into their own wallets to help others.

The Chronicle, 11/23/2006: Charity's Political Divide

CaféAuLait;878405 said:
More, which proves you wrong:

Arthur C. Brooks, a professor at Syracuse University, has studied that question and chronicled his findings in the 2006 book Who Really Cares: The Surprising Truth About Compassionate Conservatism.

In Who Really Cares: The Surprising Truth About Compassionate Conservatism (Basic Books),

Arthur C. Brooks finds that religious conservatives are far more charitable than secular liberals, and that those who support the idea that government should redistribute income are among the least likely to dig into their own wallets to help others.

The Chronicle, 11/23/2006: Charity's Political Divide

At least 95% of charities are a fucking scam where most of the money doesn't even go to the people it's suppose to.

Take that bullshit elsewhere.

Sorry-- back on topic

DON’T MOURN, ORGANIZE!

Now comes a time of decision for the left. Can we overcome the small points that divide us? Can we come together to confront the enemy? Can we build a revolutionary practice firmly rooted among masses of people? Can we transform our lives in order to play our part in the developing storm?

These are the questions that press in on the left today. These are the questions because of this contradiction: millions of people are suffering from the crisis and conflicts generated by the imperialist system, and yet the left is small, dispersed and divided, not a visible force in the lives of the people. Revolutionary politics do not have a strong voice. The left is not situated to fulfill its historic mission — to focus and lead and make sense of mass discontent — to carry the present situation to its furthest limits.

Wow Ayres and Obama sound like twins!

At least 95% of charities are a fucking scam where most of the money doesn't even go to the people it's suppose to.

Take that bullshit elsewhere.

Touchy, touchy

Ohhhhhhhhhh so you say that the charities are a scam and it does not matter that conservatives gave more than liberals/ Any other excuses?

You would like for it to be bullshit lol you have no idea what charties they gave to-- uness you read the book and saw the number one one the list was the Red Cross.

But I’m sure you will find some scandal to make it so it won’t matter that conservative out gave liberals, anything to not see the truth.

CaféAuLait;878412 said:
Touchy, touchy

Ohhhhhhhhhh so you say that the charities are a scam and it does not matter that conservatives gave more than liberals/ Any other excuses?

You would like for it to be bullshit lol you have no idea what charties they gave to-- uness you read the book and saw the number one one the list was the Red Cross.

But I’m sure you will find some scandal to make it so it won’t matter that conservative out gave liberals, anything to not see the truth.

No I said 95% of charities are a scam. There are some out there that are real causes, but for the most part the money goes to the person in charge.

I'm not making excuses, I'm stating facts.

The Red Cross eh?

American Red Cross - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Elizabeth Dole was President of the Red Cross from 1991 to 1999.

Do I need to bring up all the clusterfucks that occurred under her?

No I said 95% of charities are a scam. There are some out there that are real causes, but for the most part the money goes to the person in charge.

I'm not making excuses, I'm stating facts.

The Red Cross eh?

Elizabeth Dole was President of the Red Cross from 1991 to 1999.

Do I need to bring up all the clusterfucks that occurred under her?

LOL Like I said:

"But I’m sure you will find some scandal to make it so it won’t matter that conservative out gave liberals, anything to not see the truth."

What tell me does that mean? Tell me what is means when it has been proven to you that conservatives give more than liberals--- instead you find a scandal about the charity instead of accepting the FACT that conservative give more than liberals. LOL

Why do they give more volunteer time and blood along with money? Explain this away too.... ohhhhh I know they give the blood to the red cross so Dole can someone make some sort of scandal out of it. [insert gigantic rolly eyes here]

CaféAuLait;878417 said:
LOL Like I said:

"But I’m sure you will find some scandal to make it so it won’t matter that conservative out gave liberals, anything to not see the truth."

What tell me does that mean? Tell me what is means when it has been proven to you that conservatives give more than liberals--- instead you find a scandal about the charity instead of accepting the FACT that conservative give more than liberals. LOL

Why do they give more volunteer time and blood along with money? Explain this away too.... ohhhhh I know they give the blood to the red cross so Dole can someone make some sort of scandal out of it. [insert gigantic rolly eyes here]

Again, any poll can be said to say anything.

What I found wrong about your post AND Chris's post is BOTH of you need to take off the damn blinders. Some Liberals are nicer then Conservatives and vice versa. These BS polls mean nothing.

Again, any poll can be said to say anything.

What I found wrong about your post AND Chris's post is BOTH of you need to take off the damn blinders. Some Liberals are nicer then Conservatives and vice versa. These BS polls mean nothing.

Of course they mean nothing when it makes someone look bad. :eusa_whistle:

Race Course Against White Supremacy (Paperback)
by William C. Ayers (Author), Bernardine Dohrn (Author)

Have you seen this Angel? Comes out after the election.

White supremacy and its troubling endurance in American life is debated in these personal essays by two veteran political activists. Arguing that white supremacy has been the dominant political system in the United States since its earliest days—and that it is still very much with us—the discussion points to unexamined bigotry in the criminal justice system, election processes, war policy, and education. The book draws upon the authors' own confrontations with authorities during the Vietnam era, reasserts their belief that racism and war are interwoven issues, and offers personal stories about their lives today as parents, teachers, and reformers.

Got that? White supremacy is "the dominant political system in the United States" and US wars are caused by white "racism." That seems to be the essence of the new Ayers/Dohrn book. More evidence that Ayers and Dohrn are committed radicals to this day, which is precisely why it's disingenuous for Obama to say he was 8 years old when Ayers set the bombs. The issue with Obama is not that he himself is a terrorist, but that his friends/associates seem to be overwhelmingly of the anti-American, anti-white and anti-Semitic variety. Based solely on the title and product description, Race Course Against White Supremacy seems indistinguishable in tone and content from a typical "God Damn America" sermon from Jeremiah Wright or Michael Pfleger.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Race-Course-Against-White-Supremacy/dp/088378291X]Amazon.com: Race Course Against White Supremacy: William C. Ayers, Bernardine Dohrn: Books[/ame]

CaféAuLait;878421 said:
Of course they mean nothing when it makes someone look bad. :eusa_whistle:

It doesn't make anyone look "bad" you ignorant fool.

What you are assuming is EVERY conservative gives more then EVERY Liberal?

Does your precious poll include volunteer work?

I don't donate to charity but I do volunteer.

That is just one example of a flaw in your precious poll you cling to.

Take the blinders off, go hit the books and come back in about two or four years.

Forum List

Back