We Should Beg Their Help and They Should

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Lead the EU? I don't think so, although Europe may do as they like:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/3525970.stm

Rwanda inquiry into French role

France armed the Hutu regime, but did it help plan genocide?
Rwanda is to investigate France's alleged role in the mass killing of Tutsis and moderate Hutus in 1994.
The Rwandan government said it was setting up an "independent commission charged with assembling the evidence of France's involvement in the genocide".

Rwanda has regularly accused the French of aiding and abetting the Hutu extremists who killed 800,000 people.

Paris denies responsibility - although it has admitted supporting Rwanda's former Hutu-led government.

Kathianne said:
Lead the EU? I don't think so, although Europe may do as they like:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/3525970.stm

Most of the arms which are supplied to many areas embroiled in conflict in and around the horn of Africa come in through Djibouti. France still meddles in Djibouti's government, and overall business, even though they are an independant republic. Anyway, the UN is supposedly keeping a close eye on their ports, but I guess no one checks the crates marked "from France" to see what's inside.

Since these areas are known terrorists havens, more so than Pakistan, you would think these regions would deserve more attention.

Said1 said:
Most of the arms which are supplied to many areas embroiled in conflict in and around the horn of Africa come in through Djibouti. France still meddles in Djibouti's government, and overall business, even though they are an independant republic. Anyway, the UN is supposedly keeping a close eye on their ports, but I guess no one checks the crates marked "from France" to see what's inside.

Since these areas are known terrorists havens, more so than Pakistan, you would think these regions would deserve more attention.

Since Said called it, I'm putting the article out here:

Rwanda is to investigate France's alleged role in the mass killing of Tutsis and moderate Hutus in 1994.
The Rwandan government said it was setting up an "independent commission charged with assembling the evidence of France's involvement in the genocide".

Rwanda has regularly accused the French of aiding and abetting the Hutu extremists who killed 800,000 people.

Paris denies responsibility - although it has admitted supporting Rwanda's former Hutu-led government.

The current Rwandan government, which took over after the genocide, argues that Paris knowingly armed the killers and provided an escape route after their defeat.

It is not clear when the new Rwandan commission will start work.

Muted admission

Last week the two countries announced they would work together to review events leading to the genocide.

The announcement came after a meeting in South Africa between French Foreign Minister Michel Barnier and his Rwandan counterpart Charles Murigande.

"We discussed ways to improve and normalise relations... and we agreed to forge a new spirit and work together on genocide remembrance," Mr Barnier said after the talks.

In 1998 a French parliamentary panel cleared Paris of responsibility for the genocide.

However the MPs admitted that successive French governments had extended diplomatic and military support to Rwanda's hardline Hutu government between 1990 and 1994.

France has also been accused of allowing perpetrators of the genocide to escape when it launched a operation in south-western Rwanda in June 1994.

Quote "We discussed ways to improve and normalise relations... and we agreed to forge a new spirit and work together on genocide remembrance," Mr Barnier said after the talks."

WTF is that? Really, what the hell is he talking about? This is not some fluffy bunny "you didn't help feed the starving refugees" issue, they are accused of being invovled in, it's the death of almost 1 MILLION people. The evil and despicable practices of France, the UN et al will be known to everyone soon enough. All you have to do is a quick google search of France's (not to mention the EU's blind eye) invovlement within the horn of Africa, and it becomes very clear, very fast.

Said1 said:
Quote "We discussed ways to improve and normalise relations... and we agreed to forge a new spirit and work together on genocide remembrance," Mr Barnier said after the talks."

WTF is that? Really, what the hell is he talking about? This is not some fluffy bunny "you didn't help feed the starving refugees" issue, they are accused of being invovled in, it's the death of almost 1 MILLION people. The evil and despicable practices of France, the UN et al will be known to everyone soon enough. All you have to do is a quick google search of France's (not to mention the EU's blind eye) invovlement within the horn of Africa, and it becomes very clear, very fast.

Fluffy bunny is close enough to fluffer nutter. I don't know if Canadians will appreciate, not sure if any but midwestern US folks will get. But enough for me to stand with my Canadian sistah! When she says, What the ? :eek2:

Kathianne said:
Fluffy bunny is close enough to fluffer nutter. I don't know if Canadians will appreciate, not sure if any but midwestern US folks will get. But enough for me to stand with my Canadian sistah! When she says, What the ? :eek2:

Sorry, never heard of a fluffer nutter, but it doesn't sound good. :D Seriously though, when it comes to arms and support for civil conflicts within and around the horn of Africa, the UN knows who is guilty, I don't understand the compliance - well I do, but it just pisses me off.

Said1 said:
Sorry, never heard of a fluffer nutter, but it doesn't sound good. :D Seriously though, when it comes to arms and support for civil conflicts within and around the horn of Africa, the UN knows who is guilty, I don't understand the compliance - well I do, but it just pisses me off.
Horn of Africa and fluffer nutter in same sentence, much less paragraph! dam. It is good, from an immature taste bud sense. Marshmellow creme and peanut butter on white bread=fluffernutter

Kathianne said:
Horn of Africa and fluffer nutter in same sentence, much less paragraph! dam. It is good, from an immature taste bud sense. Marshmellow creme and peanut butter on white bread=fluffernutter

I have had that before, you can put just about anything on bread can't you. :happy2:

Said1 said:
I have had that before, you can put just about anything on bread can't you. :happy2:

Said, I love you! How the hell is your fridge? I was worried about the Sears Tower, Fluffernutters make me happy!

Kathianne said:
Said, I love you! How the hell is your fridge? I was worried about the Sears Tower, Fluffernutters make me happy!

Shucks, now my face is red :eek:. The fridge seems ok, much better than the old clunker. The mess under it was the bigger problem, seems someone spilled something without telling me....big sticky mess under it. Not to mention all the little toys, magnets, pennies and misc items stuck to the goo. :bat: Other than that, so far so good.

Said1 said:
Shucks, no my face is red :eek:. The fridge seems ok, much better than the old clunker. The mess under it was the bigger problem, seems someone spilled something without telling me....big sticky mess under it. Not to mention all the little toys, magnets, pennies and misc items stuck to the goo

Spilling without telling, hells bells, that the norm!

Kathianne said:
Spilling without telling, hells bells, that the norm!

C'est correct mother of three. :D I must be tired, I'm able to speak and write in tounges :banana: Or maybe it's all this parlez du France. :wtf: There, I did it again. :dunno:

New Topics

Forum List

Back