We Should Beg Their Help and They Should

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Lead the EU? I don't think so, although Europe may do as they like:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/3525970.stm

2. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    Most of the arms which are supplied to many areas embroiled in conflict in and around the horn of Africa come in through Djibouti. France still meddles in Djibouti's government, and overall business, even though they are an independant republic. Anyway, the UN is supposedly keeping a close eye on their ports, but I guess no one checks the crates marked "from France" to see what's inside.

Since these areas are known terrorists havens, more so than Pakistan, you would think these regions would deserve more attention.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Since Said called it, I'm putting the article out here:

4. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    Quote "We discussed ways to improve and normalise relations... and we agreed to forge a new spirit and work together on genocide remembrance," Mr Barnier said after the talks."

WTF is that? Really, what the hell is he talking about? This is not some fluffy bunny "you didn't help feed the starving refugees" issue, they are accused of being invovled in, it's the death of almost 1 MILLION people. The evil and despicable practices of France, the UN et al will be known to everyone soon enough. All you have to do is a quick google search of France's (not to mention the EU's blind eye) invovlement within the horn of Africa, and it becomes very clear, very fast.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Fluffy bunny is close enough to fluffer nutter. I don't know if Canadians will appreciate, not sure if any but midwestern US folks will get. But enough for me to stand with my Canadian sistah! When she says, What the ? :eek2:

6. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    Sorry, never heard of a fluffer nutter, but it doesn't sound good. :D Seriously though, when it comes to arms and support for civil conflicts within and around the horn of Africa, the UN knows who is guilty, I don't understand the compliance - well I do, but it just pisses me off.

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Horn of Africa and fluffer nutter in same sentence, much less paragraph! dam. It is good, from an immature taste bud sense. Marshmellow creme and peanut butter on white bread=fluffernutter

8. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    I have had that before, you can put just about anything on bread can't you. :happy2:

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Said, I love you! How the hell is your fridge? I was worried about the Sears Tower, Fluffernutters make me happy!

10. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937

Shucks, now my face is red :eek:. The fridge seems ok, much better than the old clunker. The mess under it was the bigger problem, seems someone spilled something without telling me....big sticky mess under it. Not to mention all the little toys, magnets, pennies and misc items stuck to the goo. :bat: Other than that, so far so good.