We really need a grassroots campaign about this, Are you listening?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Psychoblues, May 19, 2004.

1. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Good and formerly solid American jobs are being sold out to foriegn countries with the excuse given that it's competitive. What a crock!!!!! Americans have proven time and time again that we are the most productive of all the peoples and societies in the world. So, wherein lies the major problem? Are the loss of our jobs in the interest of competition or merely related to corporate market manipulation? As many of you already know, the powers that be don't always tell the truth and the media certainly can't be relied upon for accurate information. American workers are now in a dilemma that they have not created.

Commercial/Industrial/Residential projects are forecast based on current criterion. Even then the profit is substantial and verifiably so. Shipping manufacturing off shore has never produced any reduction of price in hard goods for Americans. But it has worked to reduce wages for already almost destitute Americans, placed many on the roles of unemployment, sent some to their graves and caused others to plainly give up in total despair. It's a wage reduction thing and to hell with our economy thing is all I can come up with, can you dig it?

Americans are willing to work and work hard. To say otherwise is just ignorance in action. And self serving short-sighted corporate decisions that cause them to view their work as un-important and thus their lives rendered practically useless is not simply but much more a MAJOR CRIME. Even local contractors that hire illegals to do their bidding forecast their projects on predominate wage rates and profit enourmously when their forecast and winning bid can be achieved with cheaper labor. But don't for one second intimate to me that common Americans are overpaid while the corporate CEO jerks are making millions per hour and some millions per minute. Labor cost is just another sham orchestrated by the benefactors of the proclamators of such nonsense, from a macro sense. But now we're getting deep.

Considering that I don't give working class Republicans much credit for "deep thought", I'll stop here and give you some space to respond. I'll consider a non-response as verification, can you dig it?

2. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Bring American jobs back!

3. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Since you feel this way, there is no need for any of us to reply as you already are convinced that you are right and that we are wrong.

BTW: Your partner NYCFLASHER exibits the level of "deep thought" proffered by the left.....

4. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    where the hell were you guys when I was raising hell about this in january?

its too late now guys. these jobs are gone, more are leaving. It's been proven that these companies would rather lose productivity than to pay a high labor costs.

5. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Some are coming back.
    Some.

6. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I'm sure you can make a point without bringing me into it.
    Well, maybe.

7. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    We cannot cripple every corporation in america by forcing them to use overpaid american workers. Someone WILL use the Indians and chinese, and their companies will defeat ours if we don't do the same. Will it force americans to be innovative? yes. will it be hard? Yes. Is it necessary? yes. Must we change our attitudes about the world and our lives? yes.

Psychoblues, go rally the U.N. for a international living wage. I hope that'll keep your garbage off our board for awhile.

8. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14

Overpaid how? Compared to the $5 a week some workers get in other countries?

Just wonderingwhat you mean. DO you mean US workers should be paid less?

9. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    If we don't either 1) export jobs or 2) import low cost workers, we cannot compete in the world market.

Our only real recourse is to become Isolationsists.

10. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Ah...