"We need to redistribute wealth among Americans" WTF...why does this always sound so retarded to me?

I always find this narrative fascinating....The top 1% of wage earners already pay 45% of all income tax paid and 45% of American's pay no income tax at all.
That said, how is the notion that our most productive positive contributors owe more manifested?
Why is it never said that we have too many bottom feeders stealing from the middle class and how does that not make more sense to sane rational folks? Take the $100 billion we spend on illegal beaners every year...what if we diverted that cash alone and funneled it through the hands of the middle class and REAL Americans?
The right wing has a problem with a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage, so more people will be able to pay, more taxes.
/----/ we're still waiting for you to open a business and pay folks more than they are worth.
don't worry; i plan to pay twenty-five an hour. :p
/---/ OK keep us posted. BTW if you can't find qualified people for your business will you pay the ones you do hire $25 even if they have no skills or work ethic?

By "supply side" they mean "freedom", "capitalism", 'American business practices" etc etc as far as they mean anything at all. Ask one of the idiots to oppose and contrast it within a Keynsian framework..or Demand management Theory. You will get a "duuhhh..I was told to say supply side".
I would gladly put more wealth in the hands of working Americans. They actually put it back into the economy instead of shipping it overseas

tell us your plan?
Return to 50 percent tax rate on income over a million
Tax capital gains as regular income

Put the added revenue into education, healthcare and retirement funds

How about people pay for their own education, healthcare, and retirement like the responsible people do?

I think that is America 101?

aka Personal Responsibility 101.

The free college idiots want those of us that aren't a kid's parents to invest in that kid. If their own parents don't consider them a good enough investment, they can't convince me it's a good investment for me.

For working Americans it was a disaster. Stagnant wages and overall loss of family wealth

Explain the mechanism by which "supply side" stagnated wages please.
Increased wealth does not trickle down

Who would have thought rich people would just keep the extra money

If they did something to get it, why shouldn't they keep it? You want people that didn't do to get what they didn't earn.

I always find this narrative fascinating....The top 1% of wage earners already pay 45% of all income tax paid and 45% of American's pay no income tax at all.
That said, how is the notion that our most productive positive contributors owe more manifested?
Why is it never said that we have too many bottom feeders stealing from the middle class and how does that not make more sense to sane rational folks? Take the $100 billion we spend on illegal beaners every year...what if we diverted that cash alone and funneled it through the hands of the middle class and REAL Americans?

Notice...the ones who say the wealth should be redistributed are the ones who plan on distributing that wealth....into their own pockets....without the courtesy of using the gun to take it themselves.....
Not really
Wealthy Democrats like Pelosi vote repeatedly to raise their own taxes

Wealthy Republicans vote to slash benefits to the poor

Pelosi never once voted to raise her own taxes in any meaningful way. On a a career average salary of less than 180,000 per year she amassed a fortune of close to 40 million dollars. (huh?) You dont actually know if she ever raised her own taxes because she refuses to release her tax returns.
But since her salary accounts for only 1/2 of 1% of her vast wealth (unlike 90% of Americans whose salary IS their wealth) you can bet your ass she has never once raised her own taxes in a way that affected her net worth. Even if she taxed her entire yearly salary away with a 100% rate she would still gain almost 2 million in wealth, untaxed, even given a the pathetic 3% or so dividend yield we are stuck with. I doubt she is stuck with that yield but its a good conservative figure to use. At S&P total return, which even i get, she would gain 4.3 million in wealth minimum.
So do you see the difference you clownish tool? Why the wealthy always scream for more income tax and the poor liberal saps applaud?
To put it at its simplest, for the simple minded, if Pelosi or Buffett or Gates passed a 100% income tax it would devastate working Americans...and be less than a rounding error for themselves.

tell us your plan?

How about people pay for their own education, healthcare, and retirement like the responsible people do?

That's called anarchy

So I am an anarchists then?

Who knew.

You do need education.
Public schooled?
Seems that way if you oppose free public education

I realize there's no such thing as free anything.

Why don't you ask why Ronald Reagan gave the 1% more of the working class' earnings? That was the biggest redistribution of wealth in world history.

Reagan promised that his tax cuts to the wealthy would "trickle down" to the working classes but it never happened. Instead, American wealth trickled up to the 1%.

Before Reagan's tax cuts and war on unions, working class Americans had equity and savings. That's been wiped out. Now the working poor need social assistance just to put food on the table.

Why do conservatives never talk about this transfer of wealth?
Reagan is still the President?

That was a long nap.

What we need is a redistribution of wages. Ceos sit on their butts and make millions a year. Pro athletes make millions a game for shooting a ball into a hoop, and make significantly more than our soldiers and police.
Hard working Americans are breaking their backs for 10 an hour and then you people wonder why they need help making ends meet.
It's not rocket science.
It is for the right wing. They also like to complain about a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage.
Living costs have raised singnificantly over the last several decades and wages have not been raised proportionally... until people are making a living wage, or living costs drop, we will continue to have rampant poverty.
Where I am from 1 in 3 people live under the fed poverty level.

tell us your plan?

That's called anarchy

So I am an anarchists then?

Who knew.

You do need education.
Public schooled?
Seems that way if you oppose free public education
/---/ In Nassau county I pay $5,000 a year In school taxes for "free education"

What we need is a redistribution of wages. Ceos sit on their butts and make millions a year. Pro athletes make millions a game for shooting a ball into a hoop, and make significantly more than our soldiers and police.
Hard working Americans are breaking their backs for 10 an hour and then you people wonder why they need help making ends meet.
It's not rocket science.
It is for the right wing. They also like to complain about a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage.
Living costs have raised singnificantly over the last several decades and wages have not been raised proportionally... until people are making a living wage, or living costs drop, we will continue to have rampant poverty.
/----/ the Gubmint poverty level keeps rising so libs can scream NO FAIR

It's not rocket science.

My pay has increased significantly. There's a reason for it. I've raised my skill level to offer something worth more money. Same for my wife.

I would gladly put more wealth in the hands of working Americans. They actually put it back into the economy instead of shipping it overseas

tell us your plan?

The free college idiots want those of us that aren't a kid's parents to invest in that kid. If their own parents don't consider them a good enough investment, they can't convince me it's a good investment for me.
Higher education shouldn't be for the wealthy. Any America loving adult would gladly pay into education for all because at the end of the day, we NEED an educated population to stay competitive.

It's not rocket science.

My pay has increased significantly. There's a reason for it. I've raised my skill level to offer something worth more money. Same for my wife.
Good for you. I made a generalized statement about our country over all that you can't refute.
I would be more impressed with your story if you started out with nothing and pulled yourself out of poverty. But I have a feeling mommy and daddy paid your way into adulthood, Mr personal responsibility.

tell us your plan?

Higher education shouldn't be for the wealthy. Any America loving adult would gladly pay into education for all because at the end of the day, we NEED an educated population to stay competitive.

Thanks for admitting that those wanting the taxpayers to fund their kids' college don't love America.

I gladly pay into the education for the only ones to which I'm responsible. MINE.

It's not rocket science.

Good for you. I made a generalized statement about our country over all that you can't refute.
I would be more impressed with your story if you started out with nothing and pulled yourself out of poverty. But I have a feeling mommy and daddy paid your way into adulthood, Mr personal responsibility.

I'm not the only one and be both know generalized statements are false.

Since you have that feeling, why don't you prove it, asshole. Claims like that should come with something to back it up. Do you have anything?

I didn't come out of poverty nor was I handed things like you falsely claim. I didn't live in poverty because my parents practiced what they taught me and their parents before them did the same thing.

Thanks for admitting that those wanting the taxpayers to fund their kids' college don't love America.

I gladly pay into the education for the only ones to which I'm responsible. MINE.
Reading comprehension issues? This is why education is so important.

Allow me to clarify, any adult who loves America would have no problem paying into education for all, because it is what's best for the country they love.

Allow me to clarify, any adult who loves America would have no problem paying into education for all, because it is what's best for the country they love.

Yet they still want someone else to pay for their kids. If they loved their country, why aren't they paying anything toward the education of all.

If I didn't get the pussy the kid came out of, it's not my responsibility to pay because the ones that produced it won't do their part.

It's not rocket science.

Since you have that feeling, why don't you prove it, asshole. Claims like that should come with something to back it up. Do you have anything?

I didn't come out of poverty nor was I handed things like you falsely claim. I didn't live in poverty because my parents practiced what they taught me and their parents before them did the same thing.
Minimum wage increase since 1990 is around 20% the living cost increase in nearly 70%. Is your math better than your reading comprehension?

I'll find you a link after work.

Minimum wage increase since 1990 is around 20% the living cost increase in nearly 70%. Is your math better than your reading comprehension?

I'll find you a link after work.

Don't waste your time.

When the skills to do a job in 1990 is the same skill level required to do the same job in 2017, your wages aren't going to increase very much. You blame it on anything but the ones offering minimum skills. Here's a novel idea. Improve your skills and be shocked as just how much greater your wage percentage increases over living costs increases. That's what I did. That's what my wife did. That's what many people do. The only ones whining are those that maintain low level skills and do nothing to increase them. And the idiots that think someone with $5/hour skills and something a monkey could be trained to do deserve more than $5/hour.

Get to work. Your minimum wage, low skilled job is waiting on you. I'll have fries with that.

Wealth distribution is and has been occurring from the bottom and middle to the top..You should be happy..

Yet they still want someone else to pay for their kids. If they loved their country, why aren't they paying anything toward the education of all.

If I didn't get the pussy the kid came out of, it's not my responsibility to pay because the ones that produced it won't do their part.
I love my country. I will gladly pay more for education for all, and healthcare for all BECAUSE I love my country.
No Americans working 40 hours per week should worry about feeding their kids each night. They shouldn't have to worry about a roof over their head. They shouldn't have to live in disgusting conditions.. no matter who's "pussy they came out of"

Forum List

Back