We need to educate our people

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GeorgiaBoy, Oct 16, 2011.

1. GeorgiaBoy

GeorgiaBoy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Im 20 years old and I am lightyears ahead of many people I have met in terms of financial knowledge. Granted I have 5 classes under my belt but I still don't know that much. People have no clue how the banking system works. They have no clue how credit works. They have no clue how to make and keep money.

I would love to see the US institute some program to educate our people. If people knew what they were doing and they knew benefits and consequences of their financial decisions we would have a much more economically stable country instead of this volatile mess we are in because everyone bought way more than they could afford because they had no clue what they were doing.

So many people carry thousands in credit card debt every month but turn around and buy a new car, or buy a house. WTF?? This needs to change.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,916
    You can't educated people who believe science is a faith, evolution a lie and climate change a conspiracy. Once they've gone this far over the edge, there is no turning back.

3. GeorgiaBoy

GeorgiaBoy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I had to teach someone how a credit card works the other day. They were 23....

4. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Your knowledge on any subject you opine about could be written on the back of a stamp. You're an embarrassment to the country. Moron.

5. Photonic

Photonic Ad astra!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +247
    Educating a blind man while he is covering his ears is hardly worth my time, honestly.

If they want to go over the edge, let them. They want to wallow in their ignorance, fine. Let it be.

The moment they decide to push that crap on me I will step on them.

6. Photonic

Photonic Ad astra!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +247
    I understood this crap at the age of 10 (no, I'm fucking serious). Now you understand where financial problems come from.

7. BDBoop

BDBoop BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,006
    My youngest is older than 23. 23 is a baby, to me.

8. GeorgiaBoy

GeorgiaBoy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17
    THANK YOU. My exact point for why we need some program to educate people. All this bad credit was fueled by citizens not understanding how the heck this industry functions and how the heck to use credit to your benefit. Which is hardly use it at ALL!

9. AquaAthena

AquaAthena INTJ/ INFJ

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,342
    Awesome thread....reps coming your way. Business managament needs to be taught in public schools starting at a very early age and I would like to see YOU teach it...:)

10. GeorgiaBoy

GeorgiaBoy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I would LOVE to teach it. I took Finance and Business Management in High school. But they were electives and I was about the only person that chose to take them. Everyone else were the kids that got forced cause they never chose an elective.

Ive been telling people this needs to be mandatory since I was a sophomore in high school. Im sorry but Physics can be used by 10% of the people that take it. Finance can be used by 100% of the people that take it. Hmmmm.