We need to educate our people

You can't educated people who believe science is a faith, evolution a lie and climate change a conspiracy. Once they've gone this far over the edge, there is no turning back.

Your knowledge on any subject you opine about could be written on the back of a stamp. You're an embarrassment to the country. Moron.

Wait...CG...are you expecting coherence from our deanie???
No...you must view him as our ersatz dotard, waking up from time to time, muttering the
same inanities.....

As such, you are far too harsh on deanie-weanie....
...you should view him as akin to an entertainer, juggling fresh eggs,
and having every other one splatter on his noggin.

Deanie is the Raggedy Andy wandering through the NYC D-train, with the cardboard coffee cup.

Whenever my cable goes out, I know that deanie will be there to bring a smile to my face.

And when you call him a 'moron,' you cause morons all over the planet to start making cardboard protest signs...

Im 20 years old and I am lightyears ahead of many people I have met in terms of financial knowledge. Granted I have 5 classes under my belt but I still don't know that much. People have no clue how the banking system works. They have no clue how credit works. They have no clue how to make and keep money.

I would love to see the US institute some program to educate our people. If people knew what they were doing and they knew benefits and consequences of their financial decisions we would have a much more economically stable country instead of this volatile mess we are in because everyone bought way more than they could afford because they had no clue what they were doing.

So many people carry thousands in credit card debt every month but turn around and buy a new car, or buy a house. WTF?? This needs to change.
Everything you've said makes perfect sense. But there is a factor in the situation you've presented which must be considered. I offer the following anecdote as one example of what I mean.

I once thought I wanted to be a lawyer so I enrolled in law school (Fordham University). I tried to apply myself but my grades became consistently poor and I couldn't bring myself to continue after the second year of barely passing grades. For me, reading law was incredibly boring. I couldn't stand it and I retained little to nothing.

When I switched curriculum I did very well, which proves that aptitude in specific fields is of primary importance. Some people simply cannot deal with the grinding boredom inherent in the study of law and I'm sure the same circumstance applies in the case of finance. It takes a certain mentality to focus and concentrate on such subject matter and the average person is not equipped to do that.

The best analogy I can think of is music. Some people can learn to play an instrument almost overnight while others are simply tone deaf. So it may be said that most people are tone deaf when it comes to the intricacies of finance. And because you are not "tone deaf" it is difficult for you to understand this absence of aptitude.

I get that. But they still force literature classes, math classes and science classes down every students throat. I would bet that anyone that made it past 5th grade can read, add simple numbers, and understand basic scientific concepts. I don't want everyone to be a financial analyst. I just want them to know how to live within their means. Which in financial terms is like teaching a math student 2+2

Im 20 years old and I am lightyears ahead of many people I have met in terms of financial knowledge. Granted I have 5 classes under my belt but I still don't know that much. People have no clue how the banking system works. They have no clue how credit works. They have no clue how to make and keep money.

I would love to see the US institute some program to educate our people. If people knew what they were doing and they knew benefits and consequences of their financial decisions we would have a much more economically stable country instead of this volatile mess we are in because everyone bought way more than they could afford because they had no clue what they were doing.

So many people carry thousands in credit card debt every month but turn around and buy a new car, or buy a house. WTF?? This needs to change.

listen,, with all due respect.. I have NEVER had a single solitary financial class.. and I never buy more than I can afford to pay for. it's called common sense. too bad our government has no common sense.

Oh I agree about the common sense. It's just that it isn't very common anymore. You and me may know that $25,000 isn't enough to afford a $30,000 car with a $200,000 house. But others don't. And they need to. Thats my point.

Bingo bango. I had so many people jump down my throat when I was just trying to explain on another board that 2 janitors (and I have no problem with janitors/not trying to be elitist) making not a lot of money should not be given a loan for a $500,000 dollar house.

Is this nuts or what?

You can't educated people who believe science is a faith, evolution a lie and climate change a conspiracy. Once they've gone this far over the edge, there is no turning back.

Your knowledge on any subject you opine about could be written on the back of a stamp. You're an embarrassment to the country. Moron.

Wait...CG...are you expecting coherence from our deanie???
No...you must view him as our ersatz dotard, waking up from time to time, muttering the
same inanities.....

As such, you are far too harsh on deanie-weanie....
...you should view him as akin to an entertainer, juggling fresh eggs,
and having every other one splatter on his noggin.

Deanie is the Raggedy Andy wandering through the NYC D-train, with the cardboard coffee cup.

Whenever my cable goes out, I know that deanie will be there to bring a smile to my face.

And when you call him a 'moron,' you cause morons all over the planet to start making cardboard protest signs...

:lol:

I always wondered what the fate of the Bush "effigy" doll makers did when they realized his terms were coming to the end. It must have made them sad.

They made a lot of money for a lot of years. And so did the people who sold them the matches.

I don't feel sorry for them because I know they all have condos in the Barbadoes sp? really sick don't kill me on spelling.

You're in no position to be lecturing anyone on the subject of education... you're s dumb as a bag of broken hammers.

You're in no position to be lecturing anyone on the subject of education... you're s dumb as a bag of broken hammers.

omg now I know the mighty Q has taken effect. I laughed out loud. And that's a great line.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

listen,, with all due respect.. I have NEVER had a single solitary financial class.. and I never buy more than I can afford to pay for. it's called common sense. too bad our government has no common sense.

Oh I agree about the common sense. It's just that it isn't very common anymore. You and me may know that $25,000 isn't enough to afford a $30,000 car with a $200,000 house. But others don't. And they need to. Thats my point.

Bingo bango. I had so many people jump down my throat when I was just trying to explain on another board that 2 janitors (and I have no problem with janitors/not trying to be elitist) making not a lot of money should not be given a loan for a $500,000 dollar house.

Is this nuts or what?
It's not nuts. It's simply dishonest and the problem is there have been no investigations and/or prosecutions, which means no deterrents. So we can expect the same or similar practices to continue.

The only hope is the OSW protest movement will eventually focus on this circumstance and purge the Congress of the kind of corrupt individuals who are responsible for enabling it. And when the Congress finally gets around to indicting and sending some Wall Street criminals to prison things will change.

Also, as the video documentary, Inside Job, clearly reveals, Barack Obama is in the pocket of the very people who are responsible for the economic crisis. He and his inert wooden indian Attorney General are culpable and bear some responsiblity for it. This is why I am hoping beyond hope that Ralph Nader runs for President in 2012. I believe his time has come.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back