We have to consider the possibility that top Republicans are compromised after Wilber Ross

The campaign didn't ask him to go to Russia or pay for his trip. The campaign's responsibility is nil.

He went to Russia on behalf of the campaign with the knowledge of the campaign. We know this because he admitted it.

What the hell is "on behalf of the campaign" supposed to mean? The answer is, nothing. He wasn't asked to go there. That's the bottom line. "With the knowledge of the campaign" means nothing. The campaign wasn't paying him anything, so what power did it have to stop him?

In typical lib fashion, you're abusing English to make a nothing burger sound like something. The word "collusion" is an example of the same thing.

did they pay for his ticket? if not, then no he didn't. follow the money.

Doesn't matter if they paid for the ticket or not, he informed them he was going and they wanted him to go on their behalf.

So why lie about it? Page said he never went to Russia. Then he said he did. Then he said he did on behalf of the campaign.

What the hell is "on behalf of the campaign" supposed to mean?

That he went as a "foreign policy adviser"...you know...the thing he was named by Trump in Trump's interview with the Washington Post on March 21st, 2016.

The answer is, nothing. He wasn't asked to go there. That's the bottom line. "With the knowledge of the campaign" means nothing. The campaign wasn't paying him anything, so what power did it have to stop him?

He wasn't asked to go there, he volunteered to go there. And he told the campaign he was going there before he went. They said to go on their behalf (that's what the e-mails with -possibly- Clovis and Lewandowski were all about). This comes after flat out denials by all you Trumpanzees that there was any contact with Russia at all. There clearly was. So why lie about it?

In typical lib fashion, you're abusing English to make a nothing burger sound like something. The word "collusion" is an example of the same thing.

If I'm Donald Trump, I'm searching for any way I can to get rid of Mueller.

Wrong. Hillary paid for the dossier, Not republicans

Wrong on both. Fusion GPS paid for the dossier.

Fusion GPS paid for domestic open source research on several candidates, they had nothing to do with the dossier.

Fusion GPS paid for domestic open source research on several candidates, they had nothing to do with the dossier.

Not true. They contracted with Christopher Steele's firm, Orbis Business Intelligence to do the research. Only in that regard did Fusion GPS have nothing to do with it.

Boy did I screw up that post, let me clarify, the Free Beacon paid Fusion GPS for research from domestic open source, publicly available information, the Free Beacon did not pay for the dossier in any manner.

Bullshit. Post that up.
The dossier took at least five months to compile. We know it was given to the FBI in June and we also know that the Dems took over the funding of the effort in April.

All of the work that Fusion GPS provided to the Free Beacon was based on public sources, and none of the work product that the Free Beacon received appears in the Steele dossier. The Free Beacon had no knowledge of or connection to the Steele dossier, did not pay for the dossier, and never had contact with, knowledge of, or provided payment for any work performed by Christopher Steele. Nor did we have any knowledge of the relationship between Fusion GPS and the Democratic National Committee, Perkins Coie, and the Clinton campaign.

Fusion GPS and the Washington Free Beacon - Washington Free Beacon

Wrong on both. Fusion GPS paid for the dossier.

Not true. They contracted with Christopher Steele's firm, Orbis Business Intelligence to do the research. Only in that regard did Fusion GPS have nothing to do with it.

Boy did I screw up that post, let me clarify, the Free Beacon paid Fusion GPS for research from domestic open source, publicly available information, the Free Beacon did not pay for the dossier in any manner.

Bullshit. Post that up.
The dossier took at least five months to compile. We know it was given to the FBI in June and we also know that the Dems took over the funding of the effort in April.

Who says it took 5 months to write? I could write a pile of unsubstantiated trash like that in a week, easy.

Of course you know nothing about it yet you know everything about it. Weird.

did they pay for his ticket? if not, then no he didn't. follow the money.

Doesn't matter if they paid for the ticket or not, he informed them he was going and they wanted him to go on their behalf.

So why lie about it? Page said he never went to Russia. Then he said he did. Then he said he did on behalf of the campaign.
Who says they wanted him to go on their behalf? Certainly, Don Jr doesn't agree with that.

Who says they wanted him to go on their behalf? Certainly, Don Jr doesn't agree with that.

He told both Lewandowski and Sessions that he was going.

Here's the testimony showing Page was acting on behalf of the campaign. He referred to himself as "Campaign Adviser".

MR. SCHIFF: Following your meeting, your trip to Russia, did you send a memo back to the campaign that conveyed the results of your trip to Russia?

MR. PAGE: I did offer some thoughts about some of my takeaways and experiences there, yes.

MR. SCHIFF: And in that document, Dr. Page, didn’t you state, on Thursday and Friday, July 7 and 8, 2016: “Campaign Adviser Carter Page” — you’re referring to yourself in the third person — “presented before gatherings at the New Economic School, N.E.S., in Moscow, including their 2006 commencement ceremony. Russian Deputy Prime Minister and N.E.S. board member Arkadiy Dvorkovich also spoke before the event. In a private conversation, Dvorkovich expressed strong support for Mr. Drumpf and a desire to work together toward devising better solutions in response to the vast range of current international problems”? This is a document Bates stamped Dr. Page, did you write that?

MR. PAGE: I did.

He told both Lewandowski and Sessions that he was going.

Here's the testimony showing Page was acting on behalf of the campaign. He referred to himself as "Campaign Adviser".

MR. SCHIFF: Following your meeting, your trip to Russia, did you send a memo back to the campaign that conveyed the results of your trip to Russia?

MR. PAGE: I did offer some thoughts about some of my takeaways and experiences there, yes.

MR. SCHIFF: And in that document, Dr. Page, didn’t you state, on Thursday and Friday, July 7 and 8, 2016: “Campaign Adviser Carter Page” — you’re referring to yourself in the third person — “presented before gatherings at the New Economic School, N.E.S., in Moscow, including their 2006 commencement ceremony. Russian Deputy Prime Minister and N.E.S. board member Arkadiy Dvorkovich also spoke before the event. In a private conversation, Dvorkovich expressed strong support for Mr. Drumpf and a desire to work together toward devising better solutions in response to the vast range of current international problems”? This is a document Bates stamped Dr. Page, did you write that?

MR. PAGE: I did.

"he told them he was going" implies nothing about what Don Jr and Sessions thought. I could have booked a trip to Russia and told the Trump campaign I was going "on their behalf," and it would have exactly the same significance: none, in other words. Do you actaully believe the Trump campaign authorizes and is responsible for everything some unpaid volunteer chooses to do on his own time with his own money?

On the other hand, the Hillary campaign paid some Russian spies to dig up dirt on the Trump campaign, and you're perfectly OK with that.

"he told them he was going" implies nothing about what Don Jr and Sessions thought.

I never said Don Jr. and Sessions thought anything (they're not thinkers). Page was representing himself in Russia on that trip as "Campaign Adviser Carter Page". So he was acting on behalf of the campaign.

I could have booked a trip to Russia and told the Trump campaign I was going "on their behalf," and it would have exactly the same significance: none, in other words. Do you actaully believe the Trump campaign authorizes and is responsible for everything some unpaid volunteer chooses to do on his own time with his own money?

But you weren't one of Trump's "foreign policy advisers" that was representing himself as a "campaign adviser" while over there. So that's the difference.

And BTW - YOU ALL SAID TRUMP'S TEAM HAD NO CONTACT WITH RUSSIA AT ALL.

So that was a lie.

On the other hand, the Hillary campaign paid some Russian spies to dig up dirt on the Trump campaign, and you're perfectly OK with that.

No matter how much you lie about it, it still doesn't make it true.

"he told them he was going" implies nothing about what Don Jr and Sessions thought.

I never said Don Jr. and Sessions thought anything (they're not thinkers). Page was representing himself in Russia on that trip as "Campaign Adviser Carter Page". So he was acting on behalf of the campaign.

I could have booked a trip to Russia and told the Trump campaign I was going "on their behalf," and it would have exactly the same significance: none, in other words. Do you actaully believe the Trump campaign authorizes and is responsible for everything some unpaid volunteer chooses to do on his own time with his own money?

But you weren't one of Trump's "foreign policy advisers" that was representing himself as a "campaign adviser" while over there. So that's the difference.

And BTW - YOU ALL SAID TRUMP'S TEAM HAD NO CONTACT WITH RUSSIA AT ALL.

So that was a lie.

No matter how much you lie about it, it still doesn't make it true.

Saying "he was acting on behalf of the campaign" implies he had some kind of official endorsement from the campaign. That's pure bullshit, and you know it. He went their totally of his own volition and utilizing his own resources. How he represented himself has nothing to do with the campaign unless they explicitely authorized him to do that, and they didn't. The Trump campaign had nothing to do with it. Your attempt to imply that it did is how we know you're a piece of shit dirtbag.

Being a "campaign policy advisor" doesn't mean much when you're doing it totally for free.

Yeah, we said Trump's campaign had no Russian contacts, and it's true. Talking to the Russian vie premier isn't a "Russian contact." It's a meaningless event. It's the equivalent of getting Elvis's autograph. It doesn't imply you have some kind of relationship with Elvis.

Carter Page is a big nothing burger. That's all you got, a long trail of nothing burgers.

Saying "he was acting on behalf of the campaign" implies he had some kind of official endorsement from the campaign

And he did. That's why he was referring to himself as "Campaign Adviser" while in Russia.

He went their totally of his own volition and utilizing his own resources

Wait a second, you are now presuming something of Carter Page when you just said, three posts ago, that you don't presume to know about why Page did what he did. Did you even realize you just did that!? LOL! So now that you're presuming to know why Page went to Russia, why don't you also presume to know why he lied about it? You've already broken the seal of presumption, so now you have to explain it.

How he represented himself has nothing to do with the campaign unless they explicitely authorized him to do that, and they didn't.

So Carter Page was flaunting his campaign credentials in Russia for what reason? Remember, he introduced himself to the Deputy PM as a "campaign adviser". So how is that not acting on behalf of the campaign? He also e-mailed at least Lewandowski and Sessions that he was going to Russia before he went, then e-mailed them a summary of what he did while there. Why would he do any of that if he wasn't acting on the campaign's behalf?

The Trump campaign had nothing to do with it. Your attempt to imply that it did is how we know you're a piece of shit dirtbag.

So, Page goes to Russia, represents himself as a campaign adviser while there, then reports back to Sessions and Lewandowski a recap/summary of what happened while in Russia, and that's got nothing to do with the campaign? Then why did he e-mail those guys a summary of what he was up to while there?

Being a "campaign policy advisor" doesn't mean much when you're doing it totally for free.

He's not doing it for free. Are you kidding? None of these guys were working for free. That's why Manafort was indicted. He was accepting Russian bribes as payment. It's those Russian bribes that are going to sink him because Mueller can very easily tie those to Trump because Manafort was receiving payments from Russia even after becoming campaign chair.

It's looking worse and worse for you.

Yeah, we said Trump's campaign had no Russian contacts, and it's true.

NOT TRUE! Page's own testimony makes it not true. He e-mailed a recap of his Russia trip to Trump's campaign chair. He was representing himself as a "campaign adviser". Your propagandist attempts at obfuscation aren't working. There's too many facts that cast doubt on your presumptions.

Talking to the Russian vie premier isn't a "Russian contact.".

LOL! The Deputy PM of Russia isn't a "Russian contact"? LOL!

Tt's a meaningless event. It's the equivalent of getting Elvis's autograph. It doesn't imply you have some kind of relationship with Elvis.

If it's so meaningless, why lie about it?

Forum List

Back