We have sufficiently dumb down the population we don't need to lie anymore

Huh, not sure I get your point? That site is mostly fake news. Repost below.

Science is open ended that is at the heart of why many find it difficult. That further study often conflicts with initial assumptions is the practice and the why of the scientific method. It works - how many today think smoking is good for you. I'm sure you had your polio vaccine. Look only at drugs and the complications they often cause when applied to a larger base of subjects. I don't buy the premise of that opinion piece, data can be reliable even when challenged by special interests. Anyone drink water from polluted streams or love industrial smog? Big money has made America a kind of cesspool of conflicting information, given enough money you could find a so called scientist who proves the earth is flat, but that proves nothing. Agnotology has infected the mind of many and they doubt anything that conflicts with their narrative be it religious or commercial. And please don't tell me the earth revolves around the sun.

'Pew Research Center reports that only 6 percent of scientists identified as Republican and only 9 percent identified as conservatives.'

'Merchants of Doubt: How a Handful of Scientists Obscured the Truth on Issues from Tobacco Smoke to Global Warming' Naomi Oreskes, Erik M. M. Conway
'Agnotology, The Making and Unmaking of Ignorance' Agnotology: The Making and Unmaking of Ignorance | Edited by Robert N. Proctor and Londa Schiebinger
'The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark' Carl Sagan
'Extraordinary Popular Delusions and The Madness of Crowds' by Charles MacKay

"This anti-vaxx movement has things that I love: star power, science denial, and hipster appeal. Cause Penny-farthings and handlebar mustaches are cool, but nothing is more vintage than dying of Rubella." Stephen Colbert

Forum List

Back