We desperately need a coherent energy policy. YESTERDAY

Here's an energy policy for you.

Buy a fuel efficient car.

Make your house energy efficient.

Vote Democratic.

How much would gas cost if the average weight of the American car were half what it is?

Isn't it funny that the solution to high energy costs under Obama is to blame the consumer for not buying some other products. You jackasses want to pay the forty grand to buy me a hybrid one ton I'll be happy to drive it. Until then blame this administration just like you did the last.

Next you'll be telling me to conduct my business from the city transit systems.

MORONS

I have spent over $250.00 this week alone on fuel. And that doesn't include my home energy expenses.

These costs alone will keep the poor depressed. Clearly I can absorb the cost despite the pain. I can't imagine being poor and facing these prices

Quit whining and do what the commies want and ride the bus. After all they think that's your duty. Of course they understand that buses don't go everywhere so they expect you to move into a state owned apartment in the city and give up your property.

Investigate agenda 21, it's coming unless we stop it.

So far high energy costs are my fault because:

I don't drive a pedal car
I don't ride city transit to my estimates
I mow my yard rather than plant plastic turf
I don't put plastic over my windows
I voted for Bush 12 years ago
I didn't buy solar panels from Obama's buddies
I post on this site thereby consuming energy

It's not Obama's fault because.....we'll, he is Obama

Blame 'developing countries'! It's easier than changing American over-consumption habits.

A real energy policy would began with real economies of power use.

Enormous amounts of electricity are used irresponsibly.

Something like a fuel tax related to engine displacement and vehicle weight would be logical (for non-commercial vehicles, at least).

But people would have to realize that progress is in another direction. Not backward, not continuing as things are; differently.

I have spent over $250.00 this week alone on fuel. And that doesn't include my home energy expenses.

These costs alone will keep the poor depressed. Clearly I can absorb the cost despite the pain. I can't imagine being poor and facing these prices

I do hope you know that there are hardly enough crude oil reserves in the USA to make a dent on the cost of gasoline.

Blame 'developing countries'! It's easier than changing American over-consumption habits.

Something like a fuel tax related to engine displacement and vehicle weight would be logical (for non-commercial vehicles, at least).

But people would have to realize that progress is in another direction. Not backward, not continuing as things are; differently.

So you want me to pay an extra tax on top of high gas prices? Maybe I could hire one of these lefties to deliver my materials to the jobsite on their Vespers

I do hope you know that there are hardly enough crude oil reserves in the USA to make a dent on the cost of gasoline.

I hope you know I don't believe you. We have more than enough natural resources to be self sufficient.

So you want me to pay an extra tax on top of high gas prices? Maybe I could hire one of these lefties to deliver my materials to the jobsite on their Vespers

Why do you think that such a high consumption of gasoline is sustainable? Is there any reason? Is the thought of your great-grandchildren riding in pick-up trucks the only thing that brings you comfort?

I hope you know I don't believe you. We have more than enough natural resources to be self sufficient.

Yes, in natural gas and coal. Not crude oil.

Buy a hybrid.

We have an energy policy. It was developed in secret by Dick Cheney and his unnamed Energy Task Force; in effect but, sadly, never published.

Can't you tell? Or, have you missed the quarterly reports of the major oil companies?

You might want to dig a little deeper into those quarterly reports to see how much of that money was made from operations overseas, and how much was made in America.

BTW, the federal government makes more off of each gallon sold than the oil companies do, and they don't even have to produce, refine, or market the stuff.

The fossil fuel technology was only justified for getting us to non-polluting, permanent, safe sources of power.

Creativity and originality, the things that brought us progress like the telegraph, the bicycle, telephones, autos, radio, are still potentially there for humanity.

Getting the last possible horsepower out of an antique engine design is not qualitative in the advancement of human kind.

We need a dedication to obtaining all the energy we can from renew-ables and then living within that budget. Just as some people want the government to live on what is available and not always borrow from the future, it would seem obvious energy policy would be similarly regarded.

I've had travel-dependent businesses, too, and I know it is tough to meet expenses. Small and medium sized businesses absolutely must not be punished or penalized. They are the true 'motor of employment' in all 'developed' economies, they give the most jobs to the market.

Moving to alternatives, especially on a local level, should actually stimulate these businesses, with local contractors and labor supplying their communities what the new markets will require.

Besides, imagine how your cost would be reduced if a solar panel were producing hydrogen gas all day for you to use in whatever vehicle you now have! What would that be worth? It is not so far off. Truth is, it is off-the-shelf tech. It just needs to be done to be done.

Last edited:

What happened to the Bush energy policy?
Under his policy nat gas went 4 times higher than it is now and gas went to just as high as it is now.

Buy a hybrid.

We have an energy policy. It was developed in secret by Dick Cheney and his unnamed Energy Task Force; in effect but, sadly, never published.

Can't you tell? Or, have you missed the quarterly reports of the major oil companies?

You might want to dig a little deeper into those quarterly reports to see how much of that money was made from operations overseas, and how much was made in America.

BTW, the federal government makes more off of each gallon sold than the oil companies do, and they don't even have to produce, refine, or market the stuff.

Yeah well if the government had not built roads with those fuel taxes we would not be buying much fuel now because of lack of roads to drive on.

obama's energy policy is going to close 200 more generators

Rpt: More than 200 coal-fired generators slated for shutdown | The Daily Caller

There is an energy policy. You just don't like it. The policy is to end energy.

Natural gas is cleaner and cheaper. So is solar, wind and geothermal. I'd bet if you were born in the mid nineteenth century you'd tell the Wright Brothers, "that won't fly" and whine that automobiles will put blacksmiths and saddle makers out of business.

Amazing that all happened without the government getting into the act. Blacksmiths and horse stables converted to gas stations and garages, and all without government help.

Of course, many local governments did their utmost to keep those noisy, smelly damn horseless carriages out of town. Even then, we had the dumbed down, control freaks attempting to stop progress.

obama's energy policy is going to close 200 more generators

Rpt: More than 200 coal-fired generators slated for shutdown | The Daily Caller

There is an energy policy. You just don't like it. The policy is to end energy.

Natural gas is cleaner and cheaper. So is solar, wind and geothermal. I'd bet if you were born in the mid nineteenth century you'd tell the Wright Brothers, "that won't fly" and whine that automobiles will put blacksmiths and saddle makers out of business.

Amazing that all happened without the government getting into the act. Blacksmiths and horse stables converted to gas stations and garages, and all without government help.

Of course, many local governments did their utmost to keep those noisy, smelly damn horseless carriages out of town. Even then, we had the dumbed down, control freaks attempting to stop progress.

That still doesn't have much to do with the small amount of crude oil in the United States. :clap2:

A real energy policy would begin by recognizing that American wealth, and our standard of living, is a product of energy use. Playing politics with energy endangers both our wealth and our standard of living.

We need to cease attempting to force wind and solar, and recognize that oil, coal and natural gas will be necessary for many more years. We have enough of each to fuel the United States for the next hundred years, if we get off our asses and develop our own resouces properly.

A real energy policy would begin by recognizing that American wealth, and our standard of living, is a product of energy use. Playing politics with energy endangers both our wealth and our standard of living.

We need to cease attempting to force wind and solar, and recognize that oil, coal and natural gas will be necessary for many more years. We have enough of each to fuel the United States for the next hundred years, if we get off our asses and develop our own resouces properly.

Why don't you look at the amount of proved crude oil reserves?

http://www.bp.com/liveassets/bp_int...STAGING/local_assets/pdf/oil_section_2012.pdf

Proved crude oil reserves in USA by end of 2011, in barrels:

30,900,000,000,000 barrels

Average USA Daily Consumption in 2011, in barrels/day:

18,835,000,000 barrels/day

30,900,000,000,000 barrels/18,835,000,000 barrels/day= 1640.56278205 days

Even if the USA dug up all proved reserves of crude oil and used it for its own use, it wouldn't even last five years at current consumption rates. Is that so hard to understand?

The fossil fuel technology was only justified for getting us to non-polluting, permanent, safe sources of power.

Creativity and originality, the things that brought us progress like the telegraph, the bicycle, telephones, autos, radio, are still potentially there for humanity.

Getting the last possible horsepower out of an antique engine design is not qualitative in the advancement of human kind.

We need a dedication to obtaining all the energy we can from renew-ables and then living within that budget. Just as some people want the government to live on what is available and not always borrow from the future, it would seem obvious energy policy would be similarly regarded.

I've had travel-dependent businesses, too, and I know it is tough to meet expenses. Small and medium sized businesses absolutely must not be punished or penalized. They are the true 'motor of employment' in all 'developed' economies, they give the most jobs to the market.

Moving to alternatives, especially on a local level, should actually stimulate these businesses, with local contractors and labor supplying their communities what the new markets will require.

Besides, imagine how your cost would be reduced if a solar panel were producing hydrogen gas all day for you to use in whatever vehicle you now have! What would that be worth? It is not so far off. Truth is, it is off-the-shelf tech. It just needs to be done to be done.

When the American energy market is ready for wind and solar power, the market will move in that direction, without any push from government. Until that time arrives, we need to utilize the assets that are commercially viable today, and those are coal, oil and natural gas.

Forum List

Back