'We are living like animals': Sandy victims hit out after being forced to spend 12 da

Turns out they are still finding people.

Tragic find on Staten I.

Man, 66, found drowned in Staten Island home 11 days after Hurricane Sandy - NYPOST.com

Hurricane Sandy’s latest victim may also be her loneliest.

Cops found the body of David Maxwell in his Staten Island home on Friday after it lay undiscovered for 11 days — with his neighbors thinking he had fled before the storm.

The 66-year-old lived alone with his cat — which also died — in the modest yellow, two-family house on Mapleton Avenue in Midland Beach. The home now stands in a flooded wasteland of trash, ruined furniture, mold and mildew.

“It’s so horrible,” said neighbor Dorothy Matthews, 71. “He was alone in the world except for his cat and his partner in the nursing home.”

It's not being reported the same way because it is not anywhere near as bad as Katrina.

And expecting power to be restored quickly when you live where the grid is from the early 20th century is unreasonable.

^^^ this.

You show me a storm where 1800 people are dead and hundreds are holding up signs begging for help while POTUS vacations, and the media would be swarming.

Turns out they are still finding people.

Tragic find on Staten I.

Man, 66, found drowned in Staten Island home 11 days after Hurricane Sandy - NYPOST.com

Hurricane Sandy’s latest victim may also be her loneliest.

Cops found the body of David Maxwell in his Staten Island home on Friday after it lay undiscovered for 11 days — with his neighbors thinking he had fled before the storm.

The 66-year-old lived alone with his cat — which also died — in the modest yellow, two-family house on Mapleton Avenue in Midland Beach. The home now stands in a flooded wasteland of trash, ruined furniture, mold and mildew.

“It’s so horrible,” said neighbor Dorothy Matthews, 71. “He was alone in the world except for his cat and his partner in the nursing home.”

and hardly a peep from the Lamestream media...that's how much they care..But they cared A LOT with Katrina and Bush

Agreed. It's interesting how Bush got lambasted by the media for the way the feds handled Katrina, yet the media is silent about how poorly the Obama administration has handled Sandy.

FEMA doesn't put the power on.

And the president isn't handling it badly and didn't handle it badly

No matter how much anyone wants to pretend that he and baby bush were equally bad

The response and timing is the same as bushes.....

They are equal. Which i think is so damn funny becasue they fried bush....and obama is supposed to be SO much better.

Sandy isn't Katrina.

Things are progressing. This isnt the movies, life will not return to normal 5 min. After a disaster.

Nobody is expecting an immediate recovery, but in the 21st century expecting power to be restored to the most populous region in the country in less than 12 days is more than a reasonable expectation.

so tell me... why is that? It takes time to fix things.

You cant just push buttons and make it all come back on.

It's not being reported the same way because it is not anywhere near as bad as Katrina.

And expecting power to be restored quickly when you live where the grid is from the early 20th century is unreasonable.

^^^ this.

You show me a storm where 1800 people are dead and hundreds are holding up signs begging for help while POTUS vacations, and the media would be swarming.

So it is Bush's fault that the levee's broke in Louisiana. That was the cause of a vast majority of the deaths. And can you tell us how long Bush was on vacation while Katrina aftermath played out?

Agreed. It's interesting how Bush got lambasted by the media for the way the feds handled Katrina, yet the media is silent about how poorly the Obama administration has handled Sandy.

No matter how much anyone wants to pretend that he and baby bush were equally bad
Katrina was a heinous and unexpected natural disaster that killed 1,000 people. The paper came out and tried to make 1,000 deaths the fault of Bush when it wasn't his fault. He did all he could to get people evacuated and people from his home state took tens of thousands of Katrina's victims into their homes until they could get resettled. Many of them stayed in Texas. They were happy to have a job when they lost everything they had and so did their employers due to a natural disaster.

When you join forces with people who blatantly turn a national disaster into a human fault, don't be surprised when the people you angered throw it back in your lap.

It wasn't right when your media blamed Bush, and it's not right to blame Obama, either.

Did you notify the media idiots that the 200 MPH winds of Katrina were not caused by Bush?

If you did, well, they didn't listen to you.

They are equal. Which i think is so damn funny becasue they fried bush....and obama is supposed to be SO much better.

Ok, I'm listening.

Please show where you are getting that Obama and FEMA have had the same response and timing to Sandy that Bush and FEMA did to Katrina.

Ok, I'm listening.

Please show where you are getting that Obama and FEMA have had the same response and timing to Sandy that Bush and FEMA did to Katrina.

And we are listening. Tell us how many lives would have been saved during Katrina due to the differences in reaction. Cite specific differences and the actual effects on the ground that would have resulted.

I find it harder with each new disaster to give a shit about people complaining in the blue areas of the country. This is the government all day long you stupid fucks. You put your full faith in government and vote for more of it in your lives and this is the fucking response you get. When the hell did you think the government would stop being like the DMV? This is how they do shit.

New Orleans, pro-government no personal responsibility still fucking waiting to recover.

Joplin, Pro-individual and that was a fucking blip on the radar. They took care of themselves and each other. Nobody waited for the feds. They're up and running just fine.

New York, yep still waiting for the government to come save their sorry asses.

Fucking losers.

Ok, I'm listening.

And we are listening. Tell us how many lives would have been saved during Katrina due to the differences in reaction. Cite specific differences and the actual effects on the ground that would have resulted.

I can't and won't speculate on the difference in survivors if things had been different. How would that possibly help anything now?

FEMA failed, the local and state government failed, and Bush got massive critisim for his role in it, some legimate, some ridiculous.

The fact that dems were over the top during Katrina doesn't give pubs the right to try to spin this storm into something it's not.

Ok, I'm listening.

I can't and won't speculate on the difference in survivors if things had been different. How would that possibly help anything now?

FEMA failed, the local and state government failed, and Bush got massive critisim for his role in it, some legimate, some ridiculous.

The fact that dems were over the top during Katrina doesn't give pubs the right to try to spin this storm into something it's not.

I can't tell but this sounds like a tacit admission that the OP is correct. The difference here is not in response but in reporting and the bullshit hyperbole of the media.

I'm still waiting for a response to my request for you to tell us how long Bush vacationed while the Katrina aftermath played out. It really sounds like you bought the punditry bullshit hook, line, and sinker back in '05.

That is impossible as the problems with Katrina were due to an obstructionist Governor and incompetent mayor.

I can't tell but this sounds like a tacit admission that the OP is correct. The difference here is not in response but in reporting and the bullshit hyperbole of the media.

I'm still waiting for a response to my request for you to tell us how long Bush vacationed while the Katrina aftermath played out. It really sounds like you bought the punditry bullshit hook, line, and sinker back in '05.

I have no desire to rehash Bush's failures during Katrina.

Take a look at the wiki timeline if youre unsure of where the president was when Katrina hit.

I have no desire to rehash Bush's failures during Katrina.

Take a look at the wiki timeline if youre unsure of where the president was when Katrina hit.

You made the claim, you back it up. I am not the one who claimed one of the differences was that the POTUS vacationed while people were stranded on their roofs with signs asking for help. Back it up.

Ok, I'm listening.

how long was it before they were whining ... oh the humanity... look at them suffering...its all bush's fault its taking so long? 3 days?

Ok, I'm listening.

thats just it......

they are the same. If bush took heat for the response.... obama should take the same heat for the response.

Forum List

Back