'We are living like animals': Sandy victims hit out after being forced to spend 12 da

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Here we are 12 days later, why isn't this being reported like Katrina was reported? The area effected is much smaller and the devastation is less, yet 12 days later it is still a mess. The good news for the people is that the messiah will pay them a visit, all they need do is wait four more days.

'We are living like animals': Sandy victims hit out after being forced to spend 12 days without power

Read more: Hurricane Sandy victims hit out after being forced to spend 12 days without power | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

An estimated 300 residents in Hicksville, Long Island, took to the street on Saturday, protesting the Long Island Power Authority for ongoing power outages
There are still over a quarter million New York customers without power
Early on Saturday more than 500 people lined up in Far Rockaway with empty fuel cans
President Barack Obama is set to visit hard-hit areas of New York City on Thursday

Agreed. It's interesting how Bush got lambasted by the media for the way the feds handled Katrina, yet the media is silent about how poorly the Obama administration has handled Sandy.

the media love obama and hated bush.... thats one reason in my opinion.

Agreed. It's interesting how Bush got lambasted by the media for the way the feds handled Katrina, yet the media is silent about how poorly the Obama administration has handled Sandy.

FEMA doesn't put the power on.

And the president isn't handling it badly and didn't handle it badly

No matter how much anyone wants to pretend that he and baby bush were equally bad

Too bad you people didn't have the same consideration for Bush with Katrina

Sandy isn't Katrina.

Things are progressing. This isnt the movies, life will not return to normal 5 min. After a disaster.

Nobody is expecting an immediate recovery, but in the 21st century expecting power to be restored to the most populous region in the country in less than 12 days is more than a reasonable expectation.

True, he didn't really handle it at all. He just flew to New Jersey for a photo op before the election.

No matter how much anyone wants to pretend that he and baby bush were equally bad

I don't agree they were equally bad. Obama is much worse on his response than Bush was, in my opinion.

My opinion is that there is little more that either could do or did. The ONLY difference is the reporting.

Jillian has spoken thus all should now be silent because of her partisan brilliance. Bow down to her unlinked and uninformed opinion. DO IT NOW!

True, he didn't really handle it at all. He just flew to New Jersey for a photo op before the election.

I don't agree they were equally bad. Obama is much worse on his response than Bush was, in my opinion.

What are you talking about? He told his minions they HAD to return phone call within 15 minutes!!!

Sandy isn't Katrina.

Things are progressing. This isnt the movies, life will not return to normal 5 min. After a disaster.

Nobody is expecting an immediate recovery, but in the 21st century expecting power to be restored to the most populous region in the country in less than 12 days is more than a reasonable expectation.

Clearly you don't live in an area that has storms.

I live in Ohio, I lose power for a week so once a year, due to weather. The power is not a government issue, it's the power company. They restored power and it caused fires. Its going slowly because they have to canvas affected areas 1st to assess the damage before they can restore power.

12 days without power after a storm like sandy isnt too long IMO.

It's not being reported the same way because it is not anywhere near as bad as Katrina.

And expecting power to be restored quickly when you live where the grid is from the early 20th century is unreasonable.

they are living like animals but I bet they found a way to vote for their savior..

hey you can reach him at the golf club he's so worried about you all..

Sandy isn't Katrina.

I live on a road out in the sticks with 8 houses. We have the oldest of electric lines so we are the last to be fixed. We went 7 days without power once, quite a bummer with well water and animals. I finally called the electric company and told them me and the neighbors were going to splice the line and prop it up with 2 by 4s. I asked if they wanted to be there when I closed the breaker on the pole. He told me he could not give me permission to do so. I said I wasn't asking for permission I was asking if they wanted to be there. They fixed our electricity that day.

It take awhile to fix things but I am thinking 12 days is way long.

they are living like animals but I bet they found a way to vote for their savior..

hey you can reach him at the golf club he's so worried about you all..

That's just not true, his worry made him bogey the third hole and lose a skin to Hillary.

My opinion is that there is little more that either could do or did. The ONLY difference is the reporting.

Last I checked 1800 people weren't dead, hundreds weren't standing on the roofs of their homes with signs, watching media choppers go by as they died stranded in their homes.

It is not the same.

Last I checked 1800 people weren't dead, hundreds weren't standing on the roofs of their homes with signs, watching media choppers go by as they died stranded in their homes.

It is not the same.

As I said this isn't as big, nor did the governors and mayors leave their people to die.

Forum List

Back