'We are living like animals': Sandy victims hit out after being forced to spend 12 da

I can't tell but this sounds like a tacit admission that the OP is correct. The difference here is not in response but in reporting and the bullshit hyperbole of the media.

I'm still waiting for a response to my request for you to tell us how long Bush vacationed while the Katrina aftermath played out. It really sounds like you bought the punditry bullshit hook, line, and sinker back in '05.

I have no desire to rehash Bush's failures during Katrina.

Take a look at the wiki timeline if youre unsure of where the president was when Katrina hit.

You made the claim, you back it up. I am not the one who claimed one of the differences was that the POTUS vacationed while people were stranded on their roofs with signs asking for help. Back it up.

Bush was warned the levies might break, he choose to continue his vacation. On the 29th when it hit, he was on vacation. On the 30th, vacation. The 31ist, He's back at work, talking to good morning America. It isn't till the 2nd, 3 days after the storm that he tours the area.

Sandy isn't Katrina.

Things are progressing. This isnt the movies, life will not return to normal 5 min. After a disaster.

Nobody is expecting an immediate recovery, but in the 21st century expecting power to be restored to the most populous region in the country in less than 12 days is more than a reasonable expectation.

power was out Nawlins for months, power in Columbus Ohio was out for 2 weeks and that was just a wind storm.

Take a look at the wiki timeline if youre unsure of where the president was when Katrina hit.

You made the claim, you back it up. I am not the one who claimed one of the differences was that the POTUS vacationed while people were stranded on their roofs with signs asking for help. Back it up.

Bush was warned the levies might break, he choose to continue his vacation. On the 29th when it hit, he was on vacation. On the 30th, vacation. The 31ist, He's back at work, talking to good morning America. It isn't till the 2nd, 3 days after the storm that he tours the area.

Has "touring the area" made the power come back on any faster in the sandy disaster? I don't think so.

Was katrina a few weeks before bush's reelection? I dont think so.

And we are listening. Tell us how many lives would have been saved during Katrina due to the differences in reaction. Cite specific differences and the actual effects on the ground that would have resulted.

I can't and won't speculate on the difference in survivors if things had been different. How would that possibly help anything now?

FEMA failed, the local and state government failed, and Bush got massive critisim for his role in it, some legimate, some ridiculous.

The fact that dems were over the top during Katrina doesn't give pubs the right to try to spin this storm into something it's not.

thats just it......

they are the same. If bush took heat for the response.... obama should take the same heat for the response.

Bush took heat for his personal response, and for FEMA. I agree, any heat about government handling of Sandy should go to Obama. However, there has been almost no criticism of FEMA's handling of Sandy. Experts have praised them, Cris Christie has praised them,local officals have praised them.

You keep saying their response and timing were the same, but you haven't posted anything that shows that.

Has "touring the area" made the power come back on any faster in the sandy disaster? I don't think so.

Was katrina a few weeks before bush's reelection? I dont think so.

Did I say either of those things? I dont think so.

Again, I'm not trying to blame all of the failures of Katrina on Bush. The point is those failures have not been repeated during Sandy.

I can't and won't speculate on the difference in survivors if things had been different. How would that possibly help anything now?

FEMA failed, the local and state government failed, and Bush got massive critisim for his role in it, some legimate, some ridiculous.

The fact that dems were over the top during Katrina doesn't give pubs the right to try to spin this storm into something it's not.

thats just it......

they are the same. If bush took heat for the response.... obama should take the same heat for the response.

Bush took heat for his personal response, and for FEMA. I agree, any heat about government handling of Sandy should go to Obama. However, there has been almost no criticism of FEMA's handling of Sandy. Experts have praised them, Cris Christie has praised them,local officals have praised them.

You keep saying their response and timing were the same, but you haven't posted anything that shows that.

The only thing that is going to help the people hit by Sandy is getting off their asses and doing it themselves. It's not that hard to figure out the government is a cluster fuck. You have one of two choices, sit on your ass and complain or get off your ass and fix the problems.

thats just it......

the way i see it... the FEMA response is the very same. It took the mayor of NO and the governor of LA days to request FEMA to respond.

You cant blame FEMA for following the request chain in the katrina response.

Agreed. It's interesting how Bush got lambasted by the media for the way the feds handled Katrina, yet the media is silent about how poorly the Obama administration has handled Sandy.

FEMA doesn't put the power on.

And the president isn't handling it badly and didn't handle it badly

No matter how much anyone wants to pretend that he and baby bush were equally bad

Jillian has spoken thus all should now be silent because of her partisan brilliance. Bow down to her unlinked and uninformed opinion. DO IT NOW!

Peter King was on tv this morning and he wasn't blaming Obama, he was blaming the power companies.

Bush had already given the response orders prior to the storm. Not on vacation. He was at his ranch which had full communications with his government the entire time during landfall. He cancelled his vacation the 30th, day after landfall, and was in the loop with his administration the entire time. He was back in Washington on the 31st. As we have been reminded countless times during this past cycle, just because the President is not in Washington that does not mean he is out of the loop.

Again, his touring the area three days after land fall instead of the day after land fall changes what? He had already given the orders to respond. What response did Obama have that Bush did not that had substantive impact. So far you have how many posts and you have not mentioned one, single, solitary item?

No matter how much anyone wants to pretend that he and baby bush were equally bad

Jillian has spoken thus all should now be silent because of her partisan brilliance. Bow down to her unlinked and uninformed opinion. DO IT NOW!

Peter King was on tv this morning and he wasn't blaming Obama, he was blaming the power companies.
You can blame all you want but until the people involved get rolling on saving themselves it all amounts to jack shit.

The response and timing is the same as bushes.....

They are equal. Which i think is so damn funny becasue they fried bush....and obama is supposed to be SO much better.

Ok, I'm listening.

Please show where you are getting that Obama and FEMA have had the same response and timing to Sandy that Bush and FEMA did to Katrina.

I have an idea. Why don't you tell us just exactly what President Bush should have done immediately after Katrina? It's not as if he had the power to order a mandatory evacuation of New Orleans. That power belonged to Blanco and Nagin. So tell us what President Bush should have done.

Bush had already given the response orders prior to the storm. Not on vacation. He was at his ranch which had full communications with his government the entire time during landfall. He cancelled his vacation the 30th, day after landfall, and was in the loop with his administration the entire time. He was back in Washington on the 31st. As we have been reminded countless times during this past cycle, just because the President is not in Washington that does not mean he is out of the loop.

Again, his touring the area three days after land fall instead of the day after land fall changes what? He had already given the orders to respond. What response did Obama have that Bush did not that had substantive impact. So far you have how many posts and you have not mentioned one, single, solitary item?
Didn't you hear? If you check posts on other threads on USMB, you'll find that there was no need for a president to be in Washington. They are fully informed wherever they are. At least that's the case if your name is Obama and you have a dead ambassador come up against a jaunt to Vegas.

thats just it......

Post something that shows they weren't.

thats just it......

the way i see it... the FEMA response is the very same. It took the mayor of NO and the governor of LA days to request FEMA to respond.

You cant blame FEMA for following the request chain in the katrina response.

FEMA has a chain of command for Sandy, and they have procedures as to whose in charge in any given situation.

During Katrina they were under a new system, which aided in the mismanagement. FEMA during Katrina was a hydra, it had too many heads doing different things, it was uncoordinated, to the point of actually refusing much needed help and the new red tape procedures in place were severely detrimental.

thats just it......

Post something that shows they weren't.

"I think FEMA was just as bad for Sandy"

"prove it"

"You prove me wrong!"

o_O

The response and timing is the same as bushes.....

They are equal. Which i think is so damn funny becasue they fried bush....and obama is supposed to be SO much better.

Ok, I'm listening.

Please show where you are getting that Obama and FEMA have had the same response and timing to Sandy that Bush and FEMA did to Katrina.

I have an idea. Why don't you tell us just exactly what President Bush should have done immediately after Katrina? It's not as if he had the power to order a mandatory evacuation of New Orleans. That power belonged to Blanco and Nagin. So tell us what President Bush should have done.

Bush failed to cut his vacation short before Katrina hit
Bush failed to stay connected to state government
Bush failed to include some of the hardest hit areas in Katrina emergency plans
Bush appointed Brown.

Those are off the top of my head.

Here we are 12 days later, why isn't this being reported like Katrina was reported? The area effected is much smaller and the devastation is less, yet 12 days later it is still a mess. The good news for the people is that the messiah will pay them a visit, all they need do is wait four more days.

'We are living like animals': Sandy victims hit out after being forced to spend 12 days without power

Read more: Hurricane Sandy victims hit out after being forced to spend 12 days without power | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

An estimated 300 residents in Hicksville, Long Island, took to the street on Saturday, protesting the Long Island Power Authority for ongoing power outages
There are still over a quarter million New York customers without power
Early on Saturday more than 500 people lined up in Far Rockaway with empty fuel cans
President Barack Obama is set to visit hard-hit areas of New York City on Thursday
What should have been done and could have been done, is to have the military activated in full force into the danger / outage zones, bringing with them tents, kitchens, fuel, equipment and medical supplies, just like they would for the troops in a war zone when having to set up foward operating bases and camps as the troops advance and/or drop down into a war zone.

To have a civilian or fema run task force, with only back up assistance from the military in such a traggic situation, is well traggic to say the least. The citizens should have had many military style and/or set up operating bases or camps in the areas of need, so that the citizens are not in danger of the elements or bad people in such a situation.. Did the government have the military act correctly or did it leave most of this up to the states and civillian cores in the states?

Forum List

Back