"...We are going to start slitting throats on day one,"

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
GOP Hopeful Ron DeSantis stated this in New Hampshire today.

The entire quote...

"We’re going to have all of these deep state people, you know, we are going to start slitting throats on day one," DeSantis said. Not fire people; not force resign..."slitting throats".

This will, of course, make folks on the right very happy for some perverse reason.

The big story for DeSantis out of New Hampshire is how bad his campaign is doing. Local media covered this BBQ event he was having up there--sponsored by former Mass. Senator Scott Brown (remember him???).

The original tickets were being sold for $50. There was such apathy that the price was dropped to $1 at the door. Usually prices are more at the door...not in the case of Ron's campaign....

There is a certain amount of schadenfreude going on here, I admit. I like to see bad people fail. He's among the worst on the national stage without question.

The entire quote...

"We’re going to have all of these deep state people, you know, we are going to start slitting throats on day one," DeSantis said. Not fire people; not force resign..."slitting throats".

This will, of course, make folks on the right very happy for some perverse reason.

The big story for DeSantis out of New Hampshire is how bad his campaign is doing. Local media covered this BBQ event he was having up there--sponsored by former Mass. Senator Scott Brown (remember him???).

The original tickets were being sold for $50. There was such apathy that the price was dropped to $1 at the door. Usually prices are more at the door...not in the case of Ron's campaign....

There is a certain amount of schadenfreude going on here, I admit. I like to see bad people fail. He's among the worst on the national stage without question.
In an oddly appropriate Facebook post about the "event", the NH Builders Association had the best description of the event. LOL

1691119013685.png

If he's lucky.

You've got to wonder about the wisdom of the group aligning itself so close with all of the GOP in a state that is politically purple in every district.

Scratch a Conservative…find a Nazi.
I won't go that far but yeah...it was a bizarre thing to say as a national candidate.

I've been listening to Pod Save America who most often recounts the "big news" from the campaign trail. When I was driving around Texas last week, the show was touting that the "new" campaign strategy for InSantis was that they were going to "Let Ron be Ron." Uhhh...they may want to re-think that.

He us using euphemisms to make a point. He is a well educated man. This is what he meant.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.”
— H.L. Mencken

Our patience is long past that point.

Liberal pukes don't read Mencken. They can't get past the National Enquirer.

The entire quote...

Agreed – DeSantis is truly among the worst.

I won't go that far but yeah...it was a bizarre thing to say as a national candidate.

I've been listening to Pod Save America who most often recounts the "big news" from the campaign trail. When I was driving around Texas last week, the show was touting that the "new" campaign strategy for InSantis was that they were going to "Let Ron be Ron." Uhhh...they may want to re-think that.
Scratch a conservative, find a fascist would be more accurate; illiberal, anti-democratic, authoritarian.

The entire quote...

DeSantis has to try to outshock Trump in order to gain any relevance with Trump's base...

So saying things like slitting throats of the Deep State; makes Trumpers moist....and he can always say "I was just speaking metaphorically" to diffuse the comments later....

Problem is......like is usually the case with right-wingers, they are going to want their drug more and more uncut....so threatening to "slit throats" won't give them that high anymore....next, you will have to actually murder someone to get them excited.....the trajectory of right-wing politics is always towards depravity...

You will see this to be true by how many right-wingers on here deflect from it or try to justify it..

That's more of a teabagger thing, especially with their dear leader's endorsement.

Trump once wanted the National Enquirer to win a Pulitzer. ...

View attachment 811208
Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com › style › 2018/08/26
Aug 26, 2018 — And the feeling was mutual: Trump often said that he thought the Enquirer deserved journalism's highest honor, the Pulitzer Prize ...
Nice takedown. But lets he honest...he didn't have that far to fall.

The entire quote...

I don’t approve of his rhetorical use of a figure of speech.

But had it been President Potato saying it, you’d be the first to jump up and down and alert the world that obviously he was not being literal.

You transparently hypocritical libtards don’t even bother trying to be objective or credible.

Forum List

Back