Water fasting for insanely quick weight loss results

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
Have any of you tried this? Science has recently uncovered that fasting is actually quite good for you. If you have it in you to fast for 4ish days it triggers mechanisms in the body that rebuild and repair damaged parts of your immune system, which is obviously extremely good for you.

Prolonged fasting 're-boots' immune system

I also found out that a lot of what you'll hear about "starvation mode" is bogus. After 2-3 days your body goes into "muscle sparing mode" and gets all of its nutrients from fat. I was in decentish shape before I started, around 220 at 5'11 with a good amount of muscle. I decided to go pretty hardcore, and in 3 weeks I have dropped to 185 and retained my muscle. I haven't been in this good of shape in almost a decade. I am seriously astonished by how quickly the results came. It sucks, SUCKS to go 4-5 days without eating, but it was totally worth it.

Have any of you tried this? Science has recently uncovered that fasting is actually quite good for you. If you have it in you to fast for 4ish days it triggers mechanisms in the body that rebuild and repair damaged parts of your immune system, which is obviously extremely good for you.

I also found out that a lot of what you'll hear about "starvation mode" is bogus. After 2-3 days your body goes into "muscle sparing mode" and gets all of its nutrients from fat. I was in decentish shape before I started, around 220 at 5'11 with a good amount of muscle. I decided to go pretty hardcore, and in 3 weeks I have dropped to 185 and retained my muscle. I haven't been in this good of shape in almost a decade. I am seriously astonished by how quickly the results came. It sucks, SUCKS to go 4-5 days without eating, but it was totally worth it.

generally ok for a young healthy male----but people have died on such diets-------it is ketogenic------energizing but destructive to all kinds of tissue----even heart muscle

• Banned
Enjoy your kidney stones in about ten years, genius.

Got a credible link to show what I'm doing will plague me with kidney stones? I've read a lot of stuff from legitimate sources that say it's just fine to do what I've been doing, especially while I'm young.

Enjoy your kidney stones in about ten years, genius.

Got a credible link to show what I'm doing will plague me with kidney stones? I've read a lot of stuff from legitimate sources that say it's just fine to do what I've been doing, especially while I'm young.

:lmao:

Do what you want, kid. Just remember where you heard it.

......a little something called 'experience'....

This sounds like an insanely bad idea.

Portion control, avoiding processed foods, and increasing physical activity will most likely get you where you want to go without placing your health at risk.

So no link to anything scientific?

Hey, you don't have to listen to someone who has been there. You can make your own mistakes. You're really going to enjoy the soul-rending agony of kidney stones. If you're lucky, they may be too big to pass, and you'll get to experience other fun things as well. But you're a kid with a big mouth who knows everything, so have fun, champ! :lol:

Hey, you don't have to listen to someone who has been there. You can make your own mistakes. You're really going to enjoy the soul-rending agony of kidney stones. If you're lucky, they may be too big to pass, and you'll get to experience other fun things as well.

I've found nothing online supporting your claim. I'm not trying to be an asshole; I just want to verify what you're saying. The only stuff I've found seems to suggest that fasting will lower your risk of kidney stones. You'd think there'd be something about it if the association was real. Maybe the kidney stones you're referring to were caused by something else.

big mouth who knows everything

You came in here insulting my intelligence without a lick of evidence to back up your claims. As far as I can tell you're projecting.

Last edited:
Hey, you don't have to listen to someone who has been there. You can make your own mistakes. You're really going to enjoy the soul-rending agony of kidney stones. If you're lucky, they may be too big to pass, and you'll get to experience other fun things as well.

I've found nothing online supporting your claim. I'm not trying to be an asshole; I just want to verify what you're saying. The only stuff I've found seems to suggest that fasting will lower your risk of kidney stones. You'd think there'd be something about it if the association was real. Maybe the kidney stones you're referring to were caused by something else.....

I ain't your momma. Do what you want. Just remember where you heard it.

I believe that I have enough training Crossfit workout and proper nutrition in order to feel fit and healthy. I don't think that fasting is dangerous for a person, but I don't plan to practice it. I believe that a long time without food is bad for the body afterwards. I eat small spices 5 times a day and still I lose weight. I believe that after fasting, weight will gain weight. In order to cleanse the body of toxins, there are other methods.

You better add some sea salt to your water or else you are going to get leg cramp attacks and splitting headaches.

You need electrolytes not only water.

And don't fast more than 21 days straight or you will die.

This sounds like an insanely bad idea.

Portion control, avoiding processed foods, and increasing physical activity will most likely get you where you want to go without placing your health at risk.
I have found that the best way to lose weight is a big protein breakfast, and then half a sandwich every 3 to 6 hours.

You will first become hungry 6 hours after breakfast.

Then again 3 hours later.

Finally some soup and vegies for dinner with sea salt in it will quell hunger enough to let you fall asleep.

I always fast every year from Easter Thursday evening to Easter Sunday evening in remembrance of Jesus' fasting from his last supper to the broiled tilapia on Sunday nite after his resurrection.

You/I need to drink water however, and with some sea salt in it, or else the leg cramps and splitting headaches become unbearable and debilitating.

Fasting during the month of Ramadan among patients with chronic kidney disease: renal and cardiovascular outcomes | Clinical Kidney Journal | Oxford Academic

They followed those without kidney disease as well as part of the research and the results are at the link. Might want to get a docs approval before doing it and not for more than 40 hours,
According to nih.

So no link to anything scientific?

Forum List

Back