Water fasting for insanely quick weight loss results

Fasting during the month of Ramadan among patients with chronic kidney disease: renal and cardiovascular outcomes | Clinical Kidney Journal | Oxford Academic

They followed those without kidney disease as well as part of the research and the results are at the link. Might want to get a docs approval before doing it and not for more than 40 hours,
According to nih.

:lmao:

Do what you want, kid. Just remember where you heard it.

......a little something called 'experience'....

So no link to anything scientific?
Fasting is not only for weight loss or for religious reasons. Fasting is an excellent way to improve your health. Fasting allows the body to focus on things other than digestion. The human body has any amazing ability to heal itself. Anyone suffering from just about any disease, will find fasting beneficial.

I have found that fasting 2-3 days works very well for me. After about a day of fasting, I feel very good. Since eliminating grains and sugar, I find fasting is much easier as both those substances stimulate appetite, to say nothing of the multiple harmful effects.

I could never fast. I feel terrible if I don't eat. I get a headache, get sick to stomach and throw up. I also feel weak if I don't eat. I don't think anyone should just fast without asking their doctor.

I could never fast. I feel terrible if I don't eat. I get a headache, get sick to stomach and throw up. I also feel weak if I don't eat. I don't think anyone should just fast without asking their doctor.
Never put faith in a doctor. They are known to kill people.

All you need do is eliminate grains and sugars from your diet. This will take time to accomplish, as both substances are addictive. In fact, some experts think sugar as addictive as heroin. This may explain your discomfort when you haven't eaten. Sugar as addictive as cocaine, heroin: study

Fasting does not mean eliminating all food. You can consume broth, vegge smoothies, and other things. Lots of water of course. Just no solid food.

I have also read positive things about controlled fasting. Also, fasting is anthropologically precedented. Our ancestors went through times when they would go long periods between kills, then feast on animal protein. Of course life expectancy was only 32 at the time...

Btw, the kidney stone thing is avoided by drinking plenty of water, which was covered above.

I have also read positive things about controlled fasting. Also, fasting is anthropologically precedented. Our ancestors went through times when they would go long periods between kills, then feast on animal protein. Of course life expectancy was only 32 at the time...

Btw, the kidney stone thing is avoided by drinking plenty of water, which was covered above.
I have found my energy level improves considerably after about 24 hours of fasting.

Have any of you tried this? Science has recently uncovered that fasting is actually quite good for you. If you have it in you to fast for 4ish days it triggers mechanisms in the body that rebuild and repair damaged parts of your immune system, which is obviously extremely good for you.

Prolonged fasting 're-boots' immune system

I also found out that a lot of what you'll hear about "starvation mode" is bogus. After 2-3 days your body goes into "muscle sparing mode" and gets all of its nutrients from fat. I was in decentish shape before I started, around 220 at 5'11 with a good amount of muscle. I decided to go pretty hardcore, and in 3 weeks I have dropped to 185 and retained my muscle. I haven't been in this good of shape in almost a decade. I am seriously astonished by how quickly the results came. It sucks, SUCKS to go 4-5 days without eating, but it was totally worth it.

It's also spiritual like a cleansing. Some religions do that.

All you need do is eliminate grains and sugars from your diet. This will take time to accomplish, as both substances are addictive. In fact, some experts think sugar as addictive as heroin. This may explain your discomfort when you haven't eaten. Sugar as addictive as cocaine, heroin: study

Fasting does not mean eliminating all food. You can consume broth, vegge smoothies, and other things. Lots of water of course. Just no solid food.

People should not fast without asking their doctor first. They could be taking medications that need food to be properly metabolized. What medical training do you have to go around giving people medical advice? Do you realize how DANGEROUS that could be to some dummy who just might listen?

People should not fast without asking their doctor first. They could be taking medications that need food to be properly metabolized. What medical training do you have to go around giving people medical advice? Do you realize how DANGEROUS that could be to some dummy who just might listen?
I ask my doctor NOTHING. He knows much less than I do about fasting and nutrition. That is the great thing about the internet. One can do the research and become knowledgeable on just about any subject. I just wish more Americans would take the time to research health and not depend on their doctors.

Death by doctor is admitted by the medical establishment to be the third leading cause of death in the USA. It is likely the leading cause, if they were honest.

I ask my doctor NOTHING. He knows much less than I do about fasting and nutrition. That is the great thing about the internet. One can do the research and become knowledgeable on just about any subject. I just wish more Americans would take the time to research health and not depend on their doctors.

Death by doctor is admitted by the medical establishment to be the third leading cause of death in the USA. It is likely the leading cause, if they were honest.

And you are just a person with no medical training and the knowledge of a layman. You should not go telling people diets that they should take. That is dangerous and your unsolicited "medical" advice could also harm other people.

And you are just a person with no medical training and the knowledge of a layman. You should not go telling people diets that they should take. That is dangerous and your unsolicited "medical" advice could also harm other people.
Believe your doctor. He knows best.

Everything you read on the internet is NOT true. That is why it is important that you find a trained medical professional that you TRUST to make the right decisions on your behalf. It takes YEARS for doctors to learn all the things they know, years and years and years of training and learning.

While educating yourself is never a bad idea, your "knowledge" does not override that of a medical professional who has had years of practice and training and actual real life experience in dealing with illness and cures.

SHE knows a hell of lot more than you do, I'm sure.

How can you be sure, when you don't know me?

How can you be sure, when you don't know me?

I know based on your terrible "advice." I do have some training in the medical field as a certified medical assistant. While I am not a doctor, I know that a "fasting" diet can be dangerous to some individuals, depending on MANY different factors.

No trained professional in his or her right mind would prescribe a diet without knowing a patient's medical history, what medications they are taking, any illnesses they might have, etc.

Screw around with your body and it will eventually get back at you.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with fasting.

In fact our physiology evolved to handle periods of fasting as it was how most humans ate for most of the existence of humans.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with fasting.

In fact our physiology evolved to handle periods of fasting as it was how most humans ate for most of the existence of humans.

There is if you are taking medications which need food to be metabolized properly or if you have certain medical issues. None of you are trained medical professionals. It takes 14 years on average of studying and experience to become a full fledged MD. Stop trying to be armchair doctors. Doctors you are NOT! Never ever give medical advice to people. That is beyond stupidity.

The advice you give someone is to "talk to your doctor or a doctor that you can trust." You don't advise them to try out your crazy ass diets and to go along with your crazy ass conspiracies.

Forum List

Back